McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: The GAA on March 25, 2009, 10:20:28 AM

let me remind you what this dispute is about:

Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 04:31:45 PM

This dispute has been and is about the disgraceful rnning of the CCB and the executive's abuse of personal power, using the county teams as their play thing, to settle personal scores. on a wider note, it is about the unaccountability of the executive through gerrymandered eroded processes and the lack of input from the clubs at county level.

if this is what the whole dispute was about why did the players go back and say they could work with Frank rather than hold off and bring the issues you've highlighted to an end?

Is GOS now one of Franks men?

orangeman

Quote from: johnneycool on March 25, 2009, 11:21:49 AM

This dispute has been and is about the disgraceful rnning of the CCB and the executive's abuse of personal power, using the county teams as their play thing, to settle personal scores. on a wider note, it is about the unaccountability of the executive through gerrymandered eroded processes and the lack of input from the clubs at county level.

if this is what the whole dispute was about why did the players go back and say they could work with Frank rather than hold off and bring the issues you've highlighted to an end?

Isn't it a real coincidence that Keys should return from his "holiday" just in time to learn about the Ballyhhea motion ??  ;) :D :D

Looks like Jerry O'Sullivan has sold his soul to the devil alright.  :D

johnneycool

Quote from: passedit on March 25, 2009, 10:44:57 AM
Cork Board refuse to allow 'no confidence' motion to be put to vote

By Colm Keys

Wednesday March 25 2009

THE Cork County Board executive last night refused to allow a motion of 'no confidence' in them to be put the vote.

The Ballyhea club in north Cork had tabled the motion because of the way the executive had handled the hurling dispute, but, in expressing disappointment, Cork chairman Jerry O'Sullivan said that because they had done "nothing wrong" throughout such an "unprecedented" matter, he didn't see the point of the motion.

He then cited Rule 50 of the official guide that governs the election of county officers and states that they "should hold office until the conclusion of the next convention" as the main stumbling block for the motion on the night.

O'Sullivan was backed up by Central Council delegate Bob Honohan, who argued that the motion couldn't be allowed because it differed from the one circulated earlier, informing club members of a special general meeting to discuss it.

Honohan argued that because three members of the executive in 2008, when the latest impasse with the hurlers had arisen, were no longer in office, that provided an anomaly.

Ballyhea now reserve the right to appeal the decision through the relevant channels and would be entitled to a DRA judgment down the line if they pursue it that far.

Meanwhile, Cork won't have a permanent hurling manager until at least the end of next week as the three-man committee set about finding Gerald McCarthy's successor.

The GAA's director general Paraic Duffy is in Cork today to meet the trio charged with coming up with a name to take Cork hurling forward in the coming years.

Denis Coughlan, the chairman of the committee, Jimmy Barry-Murphy and John Fenton all met with Duffy on Saturday last when terms of reference for the appointment were agreed.

- Colm Keys

Long live the loophole

Does Jerry O'Sullivan have the right to veto a motion because 'they done nothing wrong'? Surely thats up for the delegates to decide.

orangeman

Jerry O'Sullivan has made his bed and will have to lie in it !  ;)

The GAA

Self preservation is a powerful driver.

As far as i'm concerned this motion and its success has been the end game all along. The appeal process needs to be exhausted to get this motion on the floor

orangeman

It looks like Jerry O'Sullivan is as corrupt as FM and the rest of the executive - self preservation drove the 2008 panel. The 2009 CB exec look to be playing the same game.

orangeman

Pressure continues to mount on Cork GAA secretary Frank Murphy and the Cork County Board executive.

The board last night refused to accept a motion of no-confidence put forward by Ballyhea for their handling of the hurling strike saga that embroiled the county in recent months.

The motion didn't receive any backing from the delegates at the Páirc Uí Chaoimh meeting, but public opinion would suggest the officials face an uncertain future.

An opinion poll in this morning's Irish Examiner lays the blame for the debacle squarely at the door of officialdom in the Rebel County.

The Red C poll found that 41% of those canvassed attributed most of the blame for the crisis to the board executive, with Gerald McCarthy (15%) and the hurlers (14%) lagging well behind in the blame game

heffo

Quote from: heffo on March 24, 2009, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 05:20:49 PM

Anyway, we're getting away from your standing over of the claim that the GPA intervened in the dispute

No were not. I'm claiming that Sean Potts intervention as described above was the GPA intervening.

That's laughable.

Are you telling me that the attendance or otherwise of players a this funeral is even remotely relevent to the cork dispute.

let m remind you what this dispute is about:

In what way do you think the GPA have intervened here?

If we accept your assertion ( and i don't) that the Cork players sought help or advice on a PR matter from the GPA's communications officer, then i still don't see how you can claim that the GPA have "intervened" in the dispute.

If you want to point score, do it on the real issues

Whats laughable about the GPA media manager making unsolicited contact with journalists advising said Journalists not to print the names of two high profile GPA players?

What's laughable is you brushing it under the carpet.

You never answered my question about whether you now accept that such an intervention took place?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 01:49:50 PM

Anyway, we're getting away from your standing over of the claim that the GPA intervened in the dispute

No were not. I'm claiming that Sean Potts intervention as described above was the GPA intervening.

That's laughable.

Are you telling me that the attendance or otherwise of players a this funeral is even remotely relevent to the cork dispute.

If we accept your assertion ( and i don't) that the Cork players sought help or advice on a PR matter from the GPA's communications officer, then i still don't see how you can claim that the GPA have "intervened" in the dispute.

Whats laughable about the GPA media manager making unsolicited contact with journalists advising said Journalists not to print the names of two high profile GPA players?

You never answered my question about whether you now accept that such an intervention took place?
"Unsolicited contact with journalists" oh grow up.
It was FALSE UNPROVEN INSULTING ALLEGATIONS, journos wouldn't have printed them anyway, you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media, (wait for another conspiracy) the press didn't print it for the same reason as why the GPA were asking them to, they were false unproven allegations that were completly out of line.
So what's wrong with them contacting the media, everyone else has, the CB, Gerald..etc. SO what's the problem. What are you having a hissy fit over. Acting like a whinging drama queen over the GPA contacting the media or the fact that the false, out of line allegations didn't get to the media so you could bitch about them. Which is it?

orangeman

Gerald made the statement with the two ringleaders' names in the statement - the GPA media man intervened - took out the names but not the allegations.

I for one was fully expecting the 2008 panel to refute Gerald's allegations. But what was their response ???

None !

Sorry - Ben said they they didn't want to to talk about it anymore.

So it's over. Not important anymore. So don't talk about it. It's history. No harm done. He should have seen it coming anyway.

Reillers

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 25, 2009, 11:26:42 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 25, 2009, 11:21:49 AM

Isn't it a real coincidence that Keys should return from his "holiday" just in time to learn about the Ballyhhea motion ??  ;) :D :D

Looks like Jerry O'Sullivan has sold his soul to the devil alright.  :D

Good to see you're enjoying it so much OM. Your intentions and interests ihave been made crystal clear. You want Cork GAA to rot and you couldn't care less what the circumstances are or how much Cork GAA suffers. You hate the IC players with a passion and you want everything around them to suffer.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 02:10:07 PM
Yes OM it's over, get over it.

Good to hear you say those words Reillers !!!!

" It's over "

The war is over.

But FM is still there – somebody tell Ballyhea that they're making a nuisance of themselves.

Nothing to do with FM after all. Or the future of Cork hurling – I refer to you Colm O'Rourke who had backed the player's stance in the face of the perceived difficulties with the CB :

a lot of people will take a lot of convincing that the 2008 panel are anything other than an arrogant, self indulgent group who think only of themselves and who don't have th futire interest of Cork hurling at heart.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 25, 2009, 01:57:32 PM
Quote from: heffo on March 25, 2009, 01:49:50 PM

That's laughable.

"Unsolicited contact with journalists" oh grow up.
It was FALSE UNPROVEN INSULTING ALLEGATIONS, journos wouldn't have printed them anyway, you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media, (wait for another conspiracy) the press didn't print it for the same reason as why the GPA were asking them to, they were false unproven allegations that were completly out of line.
So what's wrong with them contacting the media, everyone else has, the CB, Gerald..etc. SO what's the problem. What are you having a hissy fit over. Acting like a whinging drama queen over the GPA contacting the media or the fact that the false, out of line allegations didn't get to the media so you could bitch about them. Which is it?

I thought we had agreed to stick to the issues and not personalise this thread? Is that deal null & void much like the Mulvey agreement in 2008?

"Unsolicited contact with journalists" oh grow up. -

You do understand what unsolicited contact means don't you? Do you accept that the GPA media manager made contact that was unrequested with GAA journalists?

If so, why do I need to grow up?

"you think that the GPA have that much influence over the media"

Sean Potts - GPA Media Manager works as a Sports sub-editor for the Evening Herald - he physically works in the same building & the same floor as Colm Keys (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #1) and for the same company as Kieran Shannon (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #2)

orangeman

Sean Potts - GPA Media Manager works as a Sports sub-editor for the Evening Herald - he physically works in the same building & the same floor as Colm Keys (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #1) and for the same company as Kieran Shannon (Cork hurlers 2008 spokesperson #2)

You're full of surprises Heffo !!!  ;)