McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

The decision to pull the two ringleaders' names from the statement was at the behest of the GPA representative in order to save face and nothing to with it being libellous as far as Gerald Mc Carthy was concerned - he named them in his statment which he released for public consumption. Gerald was quite prepared to stand over his claim regarding the instructions given by the 2 members of the 2008 panel.

cicfada

The dispute is over yes so  people should let it lie and let the new manager be picked and let the hurlers go on and play hurling to the best of their ability in this years championship....hell if it's Cork between the cats and a 4 in a row I mihgt even shout for them! So.....why the heck do Balllyhea want to bring a motion in of no confidence against the board....NOW???Talk about the wrong time! So the board are voted against in that vote..what then?? Who takes over and what  and how would that affect the team's preparations? Wait until the end of the year, build up the evidence, get the wording of the motions correct  and do it at convention not now! Talk about stupid!!!!!

orangeman

Quote from: cicfada on March 24, 2009, 07:57:53 PM
The dispute is over yes so  people should let it lie and let the new manager be picked and let the hurlers go on and play hurling to the best of their ability in this years championship....hell if it's Cork between the cats and a 4 in a row I mihgt even shout for them! So.....why the heck do Balllyhea want to bring a motion in of no confidence against the board....NOW???Talk about the wrong time! So the board are voted against in that vote..what then?? Who takes over and what  and how would that affect the team's preparations? Wait until the end of the year, build up the evidence, get the wording of the motions correct  and do it at convention not now! Talk about stupid!!!!!

FM might have to don the sackcloth and ashes yet you know !! Total humiliation might be needed in order to satisfy some people.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 24, 2009, 08:05:46 PM
Quote from: cicfada on March 24, 2009, 07:57:53 PM

FM might have to don the sackcloth and ashes yet you know !! Total humiliation might be needed in order to satisfy some people.

Maybe just maybe if ye bothered looking back for a second you'd realise that it was a no confidence motion in the CB exec. Not the CB. How stupid do you think they are.

cicfada

Yeah Reillers I think the world knows its the executive that  is the problem, and most intelligent people would have figured that out from my post,  do you have to have everything spelt out to you! I notice you ignore the central part of my post though!

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on March 24, 2009, 08:46:45 PM
Yeah Reillers I think the world knows its the executive that  is the problem, and most intelligent people would have figured that out from my post,  do you have to have everything spelt out to you! I notice you ignore the central part of my post though!

It's not the entire CB which you are suggesting. Do you give the clubs no credit at all? If it was that easy you think it would have been done by now.

And why not now, anytime is a good time at this point. But hell it's not like it'll even matter. The CB will probably rule it out of order tonight, if it's passed on to vote, they'll all vote against it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter a damn what the clubs do and the CB couldn't give a flying f**k about what the clubs think.
No amount of evidence building or wording of the statments wont matter a damn. The CB will still find their way around it. And evidence, FM is a lot better then that, there is no solid evidence, it's little verbal passive threats, it's little things that wouldn't find themselves onto paper. He's too good at it to get caught out like that. The man wrote the rule book and he uses it as a weapon to beat Cork GAA with and anyone who steps out of line.

I cannot emphasise just how badly run the CB is and how curropt it is. Every single club member from every single club could vote for one option and the CB would vote the other way. It doesn't matter one little bit.

So if, IF, this motion gets through tonight, if it's not ruled out of order, then I doubt, even if all the clubs told their delegates to back it, I doubt very much that it would be passed. Whatever vote will be taken, it'll be an overwhelming one backing whatever the hell FM wants.

cicfada

Do Ballyhea know the mechanics of voting a new executive in if the motion passes! Has this been  thought through properly? And assuming that the vote is secret ballot would you be happy if the motion resulted in the executive been kept on?? I mean surely that's democratic isn't it? I mean Sean Og said that the players could work with Frank didn't he? Now if it's good enough for Sean Og then how  the heck could anyone  argue with that??  To me the bigger issue with  the games in Cork is the lack of games in the  Summer and in whose interests is it not to play  club games involving intercounty players during the Summer??

cicfada

The motion was not accepted! Will have to wait until  tomorrow to find out why though!

Reillers

Surprise surprise, I'm too tired to even begin to sound shocked. I found out a while ago. Didn't have the heart to post it.

The CB is a joke and a half. FM and co twist everything and anything that comes remotely near being a threat to their power.
I've know doubt that it was in breach of some rule that know one but FM has heard of. Apparently Rule 50 was quoted, it was probably a full stop where the was a comma so it was ruled out of order. But like I said, it doesn't matter a damn what we do the CB only serve their needs and couldn't care less about us, the clubs.

You know Im really trying to poshere and think rationally without snapping over this latest two fingered salute to club members who voted on this issue. But they don't care about us, they don't care about so called democracy, all they care about is serving themselves and mainly of course, the most important thing, FM, the dictator himself.

Reillers

Quote from: cicfada on March 24, 2009, 09:28:50 PM
Do Ballyhea know the mechanics of voting a new executive in if the motion passes! Has this been  thought through properly? And assuming that the vote is secret ballot would you be happy if the motion resulted in the executive been kept on?? I mean surely that's democratic isn't it? I mean Sean Og said that the players could work with Frank didn't he? Now if it's good enough for Sean Og then how  the heck could anyone  argue with that??  To me the bigger issue with  the games in Cork is the lack of games in the  Summer and in whose interests is it not to play  club games involving intercounty players during the Summer??

This is the clubs business. Nothing to do with Sean Og, nothing really to do with the IC players. When will people realise that it's about more then the IC players. This is about the clubs having to put up with the same old crap year in, year out. Having to put up with passive threats like oh you voted that way, well you know that grant ye wanted for the new dressing rooms, I'm afraid that fell through.

I couldn't care less what Sean Og thinks with this matter, it is a club matter, club business. And for the record Sean Og said (he should never be allowed anywhere near a microphone he's the worst public speaker out of the lot of them, Donal og being the best but when he's in front of a camera it doesn't matter what he's saying to 99% of the people watching, it's about him.)that they would hope that there would be a mechanism in place so they could work together.
And the fixture is one of many shinning examples of the CB's good work. Half the time people think they set it up like they do so the IC scene and the clubs are at eachothers necks which they were for a while, the CB's idea of management, having everyone targeting everyone else, but them. The IC players are 110% commited to their clubs and you have absolutely no reason to say otherwise.
Yet it seems everyones will to constantly insult the players from presumptions.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 24, 2009, 09:19:53 PM
Quote from: cicfada on March 24, 2009, 08:46:45 PM

It's not the entire CB which you are suggesting. Do you give the clubs no credit at all? If it was that easy you think it would have been done by now.

And why not now, anytime is a good time at this point. But hell it's not like it'll even matter. The CB will probably rule it out of order tonight, if it's passed on to vote, they'll all vote against it.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter a damn what the clubs do and the CB couldn't give a flying f**k about what the clubs think.
No amount of evidence building or wording of the statments wont matter a damn. The CB will still find their way around it. And evidence, FM is a lot better then that, there is no solid evidence, it's little verbal passive threats, it's little things that wouldn't find themselves onto paper. He's too good at it to get caught out like that. The man wrote the rule book and he uses it as a weapon to beat Cork GAA with and anyone who steps out of line.

I cannot emphasise just how badly run the CB is and how curropt it is. Every single club member from every single club could vote for one option and the CB would vote the other way. It doesn't matter one little bit.

So if, IF, this motion gets through tonight, if it's not ruled out of order, then I doubt, even if all the clubs told their delegates to back it, I doubt very much that it would be passed. Whatever vote will be taken, it'll be an overwhelming one backing whatever the hell FM wants.

Little passive threats ???

Gerald had to deal with large, real death threats  - little, passive threats make FM look like a real pacifist !!!!!!!!!!!

Reillers

Oh so that's ok then. FFS OM this isn't about Gerald. This isn't about the IC players either. It's about the clubs and the CB's attitude towards the clubs.

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on March 24, 2009, 05:24:19 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 05:20:49 PM

Anyway, we're getting away from your standing over of the claim that the GPA intervened in the dispute

No were not. I'm claiming that Sean Potts intervention as described above was the GPA intervening.

That's laughable.

Are you telling me that the attendance or otherwise of players a this funeral is even remotely relevent to the cork dispute.

let m remind you what this dispute is about:

Quote from: The GAA on March 24, 2009, 04:31:45 PM

This dispute has been and is about the disgraceful rnning of the CCB and the executive's abuse of personal power, using the county teams as their play thing, to settle personal scores. on a wider note, it is about the unaccountability of the executive through gerrymandered eroded processes and the lack of input from the clubs at county level.

In what way do you think the GPA have intervened here?

If we accept your assertion ( and i don't) that the Cork players sought help or advice on a PR matter from the GPA's communications officer, then i still don't see how you can claim that the GPA have "intervened" in the dispute.

If you want to point score, do it on the real issues

passedit

Cork Board refuse to allow 'no confidence' motion to be put to vote

By Colm Keys

Wednesday March 25 2009

THE Cork County Board executive last night refused to allow a motion of 'no confidence' in them to be put the vote.

The Ballyhea club in north Cork had tabled the motion because of the way the executive had handled the hurling dispute, but, in expressing disappointment, Cork chairman Jerry O'Sullivan said that because they had done "nothing wrong" throughout such an "unprecedented" matter, he didn't see the point of the motion.

He then cited Rule 50 of the official guide that governs the election of county officers and states that they "should hold office until the conclusion of the next convention" as the main stumbling block for the motion on the night.

O'Sullivan was backed up by Central Council delegate Bob Honohan, who argued that the motion couldn't be allowed because it differed from the one circulated earlier, informing club members of a special general meeting to discuss it.

Honohan argued that because three members of the executive in 2008, when the latest impasse with the hurlers had arisen, were no longer in office, that provided an anomaly.

Ballyhea now reserve the right to appeal the decision through the relevant channels and would be entitled to a DRA judgment down the line if they pursue it that far.

Meanwhile, Cork won't have a permanent hurling manager until at least the end of next week as the three-man committee set about finding Gerald McCarthy's successor.

The GAA's director general Paraic Duffy is in Cork today to meet the trio charged with coming up with a name to take Cork hurling forward in the coming years.

Denis Coughlan, the chairman of the committee, Jimmy Barry-Murphy and John Fenton all met with Duffy on Saturday last when terms of reference for the appointment were agreed.

- Colm Keys

Long live the loophole
Don't Panic

The GAA

That's a disgrace.

Duffy was on Des Cahill last night and sounded rightly pissed off with Frank and co, including expressing his frustration that croke park cannot intervene and "take over" when county boards step outside their mandate