McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: cicfada on March 23, 2009, 09:46:11 PM
some very selective stuff, too eg no mention that the players voted 9 to 3 to accept the Cooney/Duffy proposals or that the Cloyne motion was written so badly that it had to be ruled out of order but despite this it was discussed and voted on !

The 2008 panel said that was a lie !! Shame on you.

Mc Carthy stood up to them all through the dispute and exposed the 2008 panel's real agenda - to that we owe him a great debt of gratitude - he was a brave man on the field and was even braver off it.

It's good to see the 2008 panel being exposed.

How many shoppers were in Cusack Park yesterday by the way ?   ;) :D

Reillers

I really can't get over how incredibly hateful and bitter some of ye are. You'd swear ye'd have something better to do then spend your time bitching about Cork for every reason under the sun.

Kerry Mike

Will one of the golden boys of the 2008 panel, Niall McCarthy, accept his suspension for his trampish behaviour yesterday or will he go crying to Frankie Murphy to get him off on another of those famous Cork rulebook loopholes that only Frankie knows so well over the years, or will McCarthy stand by the principle of the strike and have nothing to do with Murphy.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

sligeach

Quote from: Reillers on March 24, 2009, 12:11:16 AM
I really can't get over how incredibly hateful and bitter some of ye are. You'd swear ye'd have something better to do then spend your time bitching about Cork for every reason under the sun.

I don't think anyone here has any problem whatsoever with Cork or Cork hurling.

Cork hurling used to be one of the most respected in the Country. Its not Cork or Cork hurling I hate, its these crowd of selfish greedy eejits like Donal Og I can't stand.

You know in every other sport in the world, in GAA included, how all the other teams are usually against the team currently dominating ?

Well look at the current situation.

All the dislike is aimed at the Cork 2008 players because of who and what they are, greedy, selfish and dishonourable cowards who haven't won f-all in how long ?

Then look at Kilkenny, who are so far ahead of everyone else the only question is how many All-Ireland will they take in the coming years, not if.

And yet still the majority of dislike in the country is aimed at the 2008 panel.

I honestly will be shouting against Cork hurling for as long as Donal Og and his mates control it.

Reillers

Yet you call them dishonourable selfish greedy cowards.  What excatly did they do to make you think it was grand to call people who've served their county for years. 90% of the fans back them and nearly every single club does as well. I'm sure in some conspiracy you can somehow justify calling them the names that you did but god only knows what names you call us in the clubs. Everyone else has been insulted to as point of no return, the biggest supporters are now shoppers where your lines used don't work.

rrhf

Many more give much more but dont kick up the fuss that these guys do.  Lets just hop their militant stance is not mooted at a future GPA meeting as a "how to do business" template, but I doubt it.   

The GAA

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 23, 2009, 10:38:29 PM
I thought it was an good show. Ger Fitzgerald spoke reasonably well. Damien Lawlor, Denis Walsh, Tony Leen and the lad from the Echo were all good. I'm not sure if it was Lawlor or Walsh who made the comment that this battle is issue driven and not personality driven but that it has often ended up a battle of personalities. Which is 100% right. Whoever you support in this is based on how you stand on the issue of being either against player power and how it has manifested itself in Cork or against a malaise from the Cork County Board who may have taken a shoddy approach to matters. Its a pity things got so personal in this dispute and moved away from the issue at hand.
Fitzgerald, in fairness, made the point that what McCarthy and Co were battling for was a wider issue and they have deep concerns about the way militant player moves can impact on the GAA now and into the future. I think that's a position a lot of posters and a lot of people would agree with.

That was the line in the show that reflected my own view directly and what i've been trying to put across (badly) all through. It also highlights the futility of this particular thread when people from all sides seem intent on personalizing the dispute.

rrhf

Seems a bit brass necked of the pro 08 camp retrospectively complaining about the way the battle was fought.  A bit like the US blaming the Japs for making them nuke them.   

Reillers

Quote from: rrhf on March 24, 2009, 08:16:09 AM
Many more give much more but dont kick up the fuss that these guys do.  Lets just hop their militant stance is not mooted at a future GPA meeting as a "how to do business" template, but I doubt it.   

You have no idea how much they give, you've know idea how much it is compared to anyone else.
How about the fact that the boys trained during the week while they were out. Does that count?
These lads give a hell of a lot but apparently it's ok to degrade their work. Apparently on here it's a hobby to make insults through presumptions with NO facts or backing, just twisted logic.

And it wasn't about what they give is the issue. They give a hell of a lot to the IC scene and their clubs.

It's the way they were being treated, it's about the way all of us were being treated in the clubs, that we were irrelevant. Hell if half the clubs showed the balls and bravery that the players did then Cork would be in a much better place.
If all the clubs stood up to the CB like we should have a long time ago, like we still can by presenting the no confidence motion like one of the clubs are, then Cork hurling would have no curropt Execs and if that happened, if everyone worked in one direction, together, for the betterment of Cork GAA then Cork hurling and football would be out of sight from anyone else.
We have the players, more players then anyone. We just don't have the structurs to back them up.
Instead it's like rowing with one paddle up a river, against a current while everyone else is flying down it. Having to fight and scrap for every inch that the other counties get handed to them.

If the clubs showed half the balls that the players did Cork GAA in general would be untouchable from anyone else.

Now firstly, this has nothing to do with the GPA, nothing to do with money or power, this is about not having to draw blood from a stone to get half the rights and backing that a normal Cb gives in a heart beat.
We're talking about a Cb who do not listen or respect the clubs or the IC players, and only represent themselves, their needs, their wants.

And I pity the day that if any county has to put up with the shit that we do, where the CB work against the players on purpose to serve a personal petty agenda, and that club or county does nothing, or a CB that does not give a damn what the clubs think, where the delegates are pressured into voting against their clubs in the meetings and when some have no problem doing that. For them to do nothing, well I'll be extremley sad to see that the day.

I would rather 100 more days of strikes from all the counties rather then to see them being treated appaulingly by the men supposedly working with them and who are supposed to be serving their, and the county's GAA, needs. I'd rather see 100 more strikes then more of this shut up or put up, old fashioned bullshit that Cork is still expected to put up with. To be ran by a dictator.

Players give too much in this day and age to be treated like crap. And no, I'm not talking about money or reward or pay for play. I'm talking about basic things, like being treated well like getting proper facilities, like busses to matches, not having to drive there because the Cb never booked the the bus, or a county board that doesn't appoint the right, best man for the job and appoints another man who isn't as good for personal reasons, and a Cb that basically said, in public that they don't give a damn what the clubs think because the CB have the power, where nearly every club in the country votes against the Cb and it still doesn't matter.

I'm sick to death of this put up or shut up attitude demanded by the GAA.

I'm not asking for a GPA ran system. I'm asking for a fairly run one.

Which Cork do not have. Is that too much to ask for, yes or no?

orangeman

I think you had a typo there in your last post :

Your typo version ran :

You have no idea how much they give, you've know idea how much it is compared to anyone else.

What you meant to say was :

You have no idea how much they GET, you've know idea how much it is compared to anyone else.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 24, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
Quote from: rrhf on March 24, 2009, 08:16:09 AM

Now firstly, this has nothing to do with the GPA

If that indeed is the case then why did the two named players in Ger Mac's first resignation letter who allegedly told other 2008 panellists to boycott the funeral, contact GPA media manager Sean Potts who immediatly sent out a circular to all GAA journalists telling them not to print the two players (who coincidentally were former high profile GPA members) names?

Reillers

Allegedly being the key word here. Ger with no proof at all said that which was an unbelievably out of line accusation. The players unlike the cb do not have a nicely paid out of our pockets pr machine to counter the cb. The fastest way i imagine to get the false info out of the press is by going to another pr man. And that still has nothing to do with the gpa. I love the way ieveryone so far has taken the tiniest bits from my reply and whinged about it instead me actually replying. More insults. 

rrhf

Point taken reillers,  I know some of these guys get knocked all the time.   Sure didnt one man suggest before that a senior figure resigned his position as it was too high profile a posiiton to hold when about to get the hands dirty etc. during the forthcoming fight if the GPA were seen to have their filty paws all over the tits of this one, and all this before the fight even started - to me thats fantasy of epic proportions.   Im against thei gpa but im all on for the truth so fair play.  

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 24, 2009, 02:17:14 PM
still has nothing to do with the gpa

I'm not insulting anyone - I'm asking you why the GPA media manager instructed journalists not to print the names of high profile former GPA members - seems like a strange intervention by an organisation you claim is not involved?