McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 23, 2009, 10:25:28 AM

very quiet in here

Whats to discuss?

It turns out it WAS all about Ger Mac - now that the status quo has returned all is quiet, all is good.

The GAA

Ther ws no shortage of discussion last week about the 08 players being reinstated, not being up to it and hoping for them to be stuffed

orangeman

Quote from: heffo on March 23, 2009, 10:51:04 AM

very quiet in here

Whats to discuss?

It turns out it WAS all about Ger Mac - now that the status quo has returned all is quiet, all is good.

All is very good. The future is looking bright again.

rrhf

The 08 team were not reinstated - they bullied, badmouthed, bitched and much worse until the opposition succumbed deciding it was not worth it.  My understanding is that the powers that be are prepared to let the "untouchables" play away for a couple of years till their careers end and then reassess the situation.  The only delusionaries are the Cork 08ers and their lynchmob of support who willl be found out as they win Fcuk all but cream in the monies from sponsorship.  Eventually the sensible gaels in Cork will stand up... or is there any?  The big tragedy here is that real gaels are humiliated and dropped from the team in favour of that wee money loving bollix and his cronies.     

Galwaybhoy

very quiet in here

What are ya on about?  A win yesterday dosent make a difference, for the record I predicted Cork to win yesterday, but even if ye win the All-Ireland that doesn't change a thing, what happened was wrong, the end does not justify the means.

Using the typical "Its very quiet in here" line just because ye won has nothig got to do with the debate over what happened.

orangeman

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on March 23, 2009, 12:34:00 PM

very quiet in here

What are ya on about?  A win yesterday dosent make a difference, for the record I predicted Cork to win yesterday, but even if ye win the All-Ireland that doesn't change a thing, what happened was wrong, the end does not justify the means.

Using the typical "Its very quiet in here" line just because ye won has nothig got to do with the debate over what happened.

Many shoppers in Cusack Park yesterday ???

orangeman

Ben O'Connor said the players had been unfazed by the comeback. "Ah no. We just took it as another game. We knew it was a big one because it was our first one back. This is what we wanted, we wanted to be hurling and playing the top teams in the country. This is the first step back and, hopefully, we will be able to drive on from here. We don't want to talk about it any more. We are back doing what we want to do now which is playing hurling."

Wonder why ??? They were good at it all through the strike.

Rossfan

Quote from: rrhf on March 23, 2009, 12:28:40 PM
The big tragedy here is that real gaels are humiliated and dropped from the team in favour of that wee money loving bollix and his cronies.     

What a clown ...  ::) they simply picked their best players.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

realrebel

ya watching it now
just when we thought it was over its been dragged up again

Galwaybhoy

Set to record.  Bet GAA and Reillers are in their element right now.  ;D

cicfada

some very selective stuff, too eg no mention that the players voted 9 to 3 to accept the Cooney/Duffy proposals or that the Cloyne motion was written so badly that it had to be ruled out of order but despite this it was discussed and voted on !

RedandGreenSniper

I thought it was an good show. Ger Fitzgerald spoke reasonably well. Damien Lawlor, Denis Walsh, Tony Leen and the lad from the Echo were all good. I'm not sure if it was Lawlor or Walsh who made the comment that this battle is issue driven and not personality driven but that it has often ended up a battle of personalities. Which is 100% right. Whoever you support in this is based on how you stand on the issue of being either against player power and how it has manifested itself in Cork or against a malaise from the Cork County Board who may have taken a shoddy approach to matters. Its a pity things got so personal in this dispute and moved away from the issue at hand.
Fitzgerald, in fairness, made the point that what McCarthy and Co were battling for was a wider issue and they have deep concerns about the way militant player moves can impact on the GAA now and into the future. I think that's a position a lot of posters and a lot of people would agree with.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

theskull1

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 23, 2009, 10:38:29 PM
Fitzgerald, in fairness, made the point that what McCarthy and Co were battling for was a wider issue and they have deep concerns about the way militant player moves can impact on the GAA now and into the future. I think that's a position a lot of posters and a lot of people would agree with.

Yes it is
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera