McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Heffo i  know 2 players on the squad well. A pretty reliable source to me.

orangeman

This is the sort of comment that really bugs the shit out of me : A lot like saying that Gerald made his bed etc should have seen the abuse coming etc. To say that the 2009 squad are not children and therefore again should have know that there'd be a bit of stick coming their way. Typical from the one and only !

No one targeted the 09 players. No one. And they knew what they were potentially getting themselves in for they're not children, they knew what could have happened and no one targeted them, besides the odd passive line in an article, they were not targeted, not by the press or the fans or the clubs or the players

orangeman

Interesting that Wallis cited work commitments when stepping down from Gerald's backroom team but surprise, surprise no such commitment now ????

I'd say Gerald will have some interesting thoughts for Wallis when he next runs into him.

realrebel

No one targeted the 09 players. No one. And they knew what they were potentially getting themselves in for they're not children, they knew what could have happened and no one targeted them, besides the odd passive line in an article, they were not targeted, not by the press or the fans or the clubs or the players
[/quote]

did you not see ray ryans interview reilliers
he says he was in town one night and was called scab by a few people
they targeted him dont you think

orangeman

Captain Scab ??? Is that what you're referring to ??

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 17, 2009, 11:20:25 PM

did you not see ray ryans interview reilliers
he says he was in town one night and was called scab by a few people
they targeted him dont you think

[/quote]

Oh ya, they are idiots really. Ryan put himself out very well in that interview I think, represented himself well. The second one he did, not so much.
They got less abuse then McCarthy and the players, not like that justifies anything. But the media didn't target them, not really, and the players certainly didn't, either did the clubs.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 17, 2009, 11:03:49 PM
This is the sort of comment that really bugs the shit out of me : A lot like saying that Gerald made his bed etc should have seen the abuse coming etc. To say that the 2009 squad are not children and therefore again should have know that there'd be a bit of stick coming their way. Typical from the one and only !

Not everyone is as naive as you OM.
Of course they knew they'd get a certain amount of grief for it, they're not idiots, they knew that was a possibility, and that is one of the reasons, one among many, why several didn't agree to come and play.
Like I said, not everyone is as naive as you.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on March 17, 2009, 10:05:48 PM
reillers theres no need to apologise
you probably are right in thinking its a holiday because they arent on the team anymore
so they probably wont be doing much i say but as far as i know they are booked in there to train
my main point really was that it was booked well over 6 weeks ago when nobody thought there was going to be a solution

Ya I know they were going for the training camp, but they're not any more, it's basically a free holiday, they're still going. I just think our money could be spent somewhere else. It's nothing really to do with the boys, their decision to play, though it was against what most of us wanted kept us in the League. They should be rewarded but a free trip away for showing up when the likes of the camogie players who win the AI have to raise every cent for their holiday after winning an AI compared to these lads who are basically getting it for showing up.
It doesn't sit right with me at all.

Bud Wiser

QuoteOn a slightly related topic, christ lads it's St Pats day and the sun split the rocks outside. I'm told that in World War one, which was a real issue now, the Tommies and Krauts declared a truce on Xmas day, I think they went out and kicked a footy between the trenches. Any chance lads, of maybe declaring the Board a Cork Hurling bullshit free zone for, say, one day to start with. Any takers?

I'm afraid I was out of action again, or was sick for a few days anglocelt.  Being unable to get out and lash pints out of it on St Patricks Day can make a man grumpy and hence no truce but having said that, someone needs to keep the shit stirred.   Your suggestion is admirable except for the fact that it would not work, or am I on my own in believing that the Cork Boyo's would play ball between the trenches when there are beaches to be had? 

;)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

amallon

How did the Cork training session go the other night.  Did they bring in both panels in their entirety? I've missed a few episodes of this over the last few days so I'm trying to catch up.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Reillers

Well or so I hear. There wasn't an entire squad there. There's a few small knocks all right. Tom and Jerry, Sean og as well. I think that's it.

realrebel

reillers do you not work at all :D

well there was 5 from the 2009 panel there and most of the 08 panel
a few were rested on the nite as reillers says because of knocks
there were also a few from outside both panels too i think

dowling

Wonder who will miss out from the 2008 panel and will they think it's all been worth it?

Reillers

Work? Well i'm at work. Going to work and working are two very different things as I'm sure you know. Lol. There are a few all right who were outside the two panels brought in. Making up a fairly decent squad all right. I wish, I hope Jerry is actually fit this year because he wasn't last season, was carrying an injury for nearly the entire season and that was a blow so hopefully he'll be grand. The rest aren't really ones I'd worry about but Jerry for whatever reason can't seem to shake that injury.   

orangeman

So these lads weren't naive and knew they were going to get stick ??? Going to get called Scabs etc etc ??

You're some outfit down there !!!