McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
Heffo, again making assumptions with no fact. Only someone like you would use PROC as a source.

Please don't make unsolicited contact with me again making threats young man..

RedandGreenSniper

Ah for f**k sake lads will ye talk about the issue at hand instead of trying to outdo each other with playground fighting. I think it was Zulu who said some people on this thread could do with taking a few steps back.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

orangeman

If Considine is getting the job for two matches or something like that I wouldn't be that worried about what Gardiner said or didn't say -

It's what will happen if O'Grady isn't appointed next time round could be the problem.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 12:47:52 PM
It's what will happen if O'Grady isn't appointed next time round could be the problem.

Cryptic. What class of problem do you anticipate?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on March 13, 2009, 12:43:32 PM
Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 12:39:59 PM
Heffo, again making assumptions with no fact. Only someone like you would use PROC as a source.

Please don't make unsolicited contact with me again making threats young man..

Threats. ::) ::) Grow up.

johnneycool

Quote from: realrebel on March 13, 2009, 12:43:04 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 13, 2009, 11:09:30 AM
According to a lad on AFR John Gardiner rung Jerry O'Sullivan and told him their preferred interim manger was O'Grady. O'Sullivan is said to have told the meeting this before the vote took place.

Don't know how much truth is in it though.

its in todays examiner that gardiner did in fact speak to jerry o sullivan about o grady before the meeting
total disgrace

So the players knew in advance that O'Grady had allowed his name to go forward. I wonder did the 2008 players also know that John Considine was also in the frame and if they did how did they manage to convene a meeting so quickly to allow John Gardiner the responsibility to speak on behalf of the whole 31, some of whom have never worked under Donal O'Grady's previous regime?

slow corner back

Quote from: heffo on March 13, 2009, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 13, 2009, 12:47:52 PM

Cryptic. What class of problem do you anticipate?

I would anticipate much media lobbying for O Grady instigated by the players, it has already started. i would further anticipate the CB running a anyone but O Grady campaign and trying to persuade ( for instance ) JBM to run for the job. ( I have no idea whether JBM is intrested)  I would further expect that if O Grady gets it the effect of the credit crunch will be felt severly by the Lee with less funds available this year than last year ( as is currently happening to every county in ulster)
With regard to the process and Pauric Duffy etc will the clubs/county executive have a final vote on who is elected or will Duffy pick someone and send him alone back for approval?

The GAA

Leaving aside the silly witch hunts for a moment...

If O'Grady is willing to take over again then it's a very exciting prospect for any cork hurling fan

Reillers

Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 01:30:55 PM

If O'Grady is willing to take over again then it's a very exciting prospect for any cork hurling fan

He'll never be allowed take over. He is one of the best technical coaches in the country. He's so precise, everything down to the last inch is covered, so scientific, so modern, so professional, just such a good manager.The best imo, the only one that could challenge Cody for his ability as manager.

But that doesn't matter at all to the CB, to Frank Murphy.
There isn't a chance in hell he'll appoint the man manager. They, the CCB, they never forget, O Grady would be much to close to the players for his liking.
FM would rather see all losses under his man then all wins under O Grady.

O Grady said he was interested and the CB pathetically turned him down. Why, because of what he said during the past few months, because he backed the players, they didn't feel it was appropriate.
Biggest mistake they could make. If the CB did their job in appointing the best man out there to do the job, they would have appointed him. But because of personal little vendettas again from FM and the Cb execs. the best for Cork has been put aside.

Nothing justifies that, nothing. 

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on March 13, 2009, 01:54:22 PM
Quote from: The GAA on March 13, 2009, 01:30:55 PM

He'll never be allowed take over. He is one of the best technical coaches in the country. He's so precise, everything down to the last inch is covered, so scientific, so modern, so professional, just such a good manager.The best imo, the only one that could challenge Cody for his ability as manager.

But that doesn't matter at all to the CB, to Frank Murphy.
There isn't a chance in hell he'll appoint the man manager. They, the CCB, they never forget, O Grady would be much to close to the players for his liking.
FM would rather see all losses under his man then all wins under O Grady.

O Grady said he was interested and the CB pathetically turned him down. Why, because of what he said during the past few months, because he backed the players, they didn't feel it was appropriate.
Biggest mistake they could make. If the CB did their job in appointing the best man out there to do the job, they would have appointed him. But because of personal little vendettas again from FM and the Cb execs. the best for Cork has been put aside.

Nothing justifies that, nothing. 

Why did he step down in the first place?

RedandGreenSniper

A lot of assumptions there Reillers about motives.

Anyway Considine is only the interim manager and he'll probably step aside easily once the external group decide who the best man for the job is. That coud well be O'Grady. For now Considine's appointment seems right.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

bingobus

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on March 13, 2009, 02:16:27 PM
A lot of assumptions there Reillers about motives.

Anyway Considine is only the interim manager and he'll probably step aside easily once the external group decide who the best man for the job is. That coud well be O'Grady. For now Considine's appointment seems right.

I think it makes perfect sense. Someone not caught up (if that possible) in the last few months and someone without any past experience of the players, past or presence. He prob won't be the long term manager.

I thought the CB have handled it well, giving 10 motions to the clubs to vote on regarding a prosess to select the next manager and by allow external persons select the next selection committee. Very logical in my view.

If this is acted on quickly by the clubs, they will have a procedure agreed by them and their will be very little influence the CB can exert on the selection panel, who will select the final condiate. Of course the CB will have to approve such a person but there is very little hiding place for them.

magpie seanie

Let them have O'Grady. They'll still win no All-Ireland and at least then there'll be no excuses. Well no hiding place, I'm sure they'll find some excuses.

Reillers

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 13, 2009, 03:08:01 PM
Let them have O'Grady. They'll still win no All-Ireland and at least then there'll be no excuses. Well no hiding place, I'm sure they'll find some excuses.

So when the bickering and bitching and attacks on the players stop, you have to come in and say that, are you that much of a wum or are you that desperate for attention? I'm sure you could co bitch on bebo or facebook or something, whatever it is you're using.

heffo

I'd like to publically apologise to Reillers for any cheapshot posts.