McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on March 01, 2009, 04:18:42 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Comprehensive defeat again but again fairly expected.

But hey trying is all that matters, God help us if the Portumna contingent had been playing.
How much longer can FM keep this up.
How much longer will Gerald conflict us to this, all because of his pride, and I swear to God if I hear the word learning, good team effort..etc. I'll scream.
And they want the best for Cork hurling, finding it very difficult to find any way that might be even slightly true or possible.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on March 01, 2009, 04:27:32 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

But hey trying is all that matters, God help us if the Portumna contingent had been playing.
[/quote

The result surprises no one - the youg lads were always going to lose and lose comprehensively at that.

theskull1

Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Would it not suit you better to say "them" rather than "us"? And yeah....trying is all that matters when considering the circumstances.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Reillers

It was pathetic. It surprises no one, but it should be allowed to continue. Gerald says he wants the best for Cork. Well I can't see how any more and the remainging people who were backing him are sersiously running out of patience. One of the darkest days in Cork GAA.

glens73

Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

How much longer will Gerald conflict us to this, all because of his pride, and I swear to God if I hear the word learning, good team effort..etc. I'll scream.
And they want the best for Cork hurling, finding it very difficult to find any way that might be even slightly true or possible.

Now you know what it's like for people from the weaker counties, that's the sort of sh1te that is put with every week and the patronising guff that has been said to manys an Antrim after a defeat by a team like Cork.

Reillers

Quote from: theskull1 on March 01, 2009, 04:32:00 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Would it not suit you better to say "them" rather than "us"? And yeah....trying is all that matters when considering the circumstances.
Maybe in the likes of Carlow trying is good enough. But it's bullshit in Cork. It's one thing to fight like hell with the best team, try but loose. But to go out with a team of we'll try and keep the score under 20. That is not the attitude we have in Cork, nor should we have. I'm done watching McCarthy's 5th string humiliate us. Yes they are trying, and I respect them for that, but they are failing massively. It's not the way we do things in Cork.
It's about playing to win. Well it used to be till the CB and Gerald thought they knew better.

orangeman

Quote from: glens73 on March 01, 2009, 04:33:58 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Now you know what it's like for people from the weaker counties, that's the sort of sh1te that is put with every week and the patronising guff that has been said to manys an Antrim after a defeat by a team like Cork.

Who was it that came out with something quite demeaning about Antrim before Cork played them a few years ago in a quarter final I think it was ?? I remember Dinny was Antrim manager at the time and Antrin took great umbrage at it ( and rightly so ).

Reillers

Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

True, but alteast ye don't have 60 plus better players by a mile and a half, who wont play.

glens73

Quote from: orangeman on March 01, 2009, 04:37:38 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Who was it that came out with something quite demeaning about Antrim before Cork played them a few years ago in a quarter final I think it was ?? I remember Dinny was Antrim manager at the time and Antrin took great umbrage at it ( and rightly so ).

If I remember rightly it was Dinny who had a pop at Brian Corcoran saying he was finished or something like that. It was the last thing Antrim needed and they duly got hammered with Corcoran starring as I think he did in the final that year against Kilkenny.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on March 01, 2009, 04:36:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 01, 2009, 04:32:00 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Maybe in the likes of Carlow trying is good enough. But it's bullshit in Cork. It's one thing to fight like hell with the best team, try but loose. But to go out with a team of we'll try and keep the score under 20. That is not the attitude we have in Cork, nor should we have. I'm done watching McCarthy's 5th string humiliate us. Yes they are trying, and I respect them for that, but they are failing massively. It's not the way we do things in Cork.
It's about playing to win. Well it used to be till the CB and Gerald thought they knew better.

You are nothing more than a walking contradiction Reillers.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: glens73 on March 01, 2009, 04:41:27 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 01, 2009, 04:37:38 PM
Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

If I remember rightly it was Dinny who had a pop at Brian Corcoran saying he was finished or something like that. It was the last thing Antrim needed and they duly got hammered with Corcoran starring as I think he did in the final that year against Kilkenny.

You're right !! 

Zulu

The seeds sown by the CCB are now bearing fruit, how many more days like this will Cork have to suffer before Gerald and the CCB come to their senses? I seem to remember being told by people here that GAA folk follow the jersey and not the players, well it is clear that Cork GAA folk aren't following the jersey when worn by this squad. Time for Gerald to accept reality and the CCB to accept defeat.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2009, 04:45:36 PM
The seeds sown by the CCB are now bearing fruit, how many more days like this will Cork have to suffer before Gerald and the CCB come to their senses? I seem to remember being told by people here that GAA folk follow the jersey and not the players, well it is clear that Cork GAA folk aren't following the jersey when worn by this squad. Time for Gerald to accept reality and the CCB to accept defeat.

Former Dublin manager had something to say today about the Cork fans who were staying away. Let's say he wasn't very complimentary about them.

cicfada

Shame on the co  board and the strikers that have let it go this far! Believe me as a Galwayman  I took no pleasure in seeing Galway hammer that pathetic Cork team today! Worse it'll get for them too! Kilkenny next?? What kind of score will they run up against them?? Why the heck did the players  not accept those proposals that Croke Park offer? Mc Carthy may have resigned there and then rather than lose 3 selectors! The vote amongst the players was 9 to 3 for accepting the proposals but then they  talked about it with the rest of them  and came up with the "co board dirty tricks " story rather than admit that they were split on the issue!!Christ almighty what kind of heroes will Cork kids,  including my own,  have to look up to in a hurling sense in the future?? How many people will turn up to Semple Stadium in May against Tipp?? If  there were 2000 people there today I would be amazed! Shame on all of the parties involved in this!

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on March 01, 2009, 10:56:18 AM

by the way, its impossible not to know reiller's club if you've been reading his posts all along

I tend to gloss over most of his posts, but as he says himself:

"I know a lot of the 2009 lads a long time. Know them well I do. Very well."

I'd say he's a Sars man..