McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 28, 2009, 12:37:20 PM

What's your name and address?

Don't duck the question now....

One thing at a time GAA. Let's see if I can get a question answered first and then we'll come back to your's if you still want to. Fair enough?

The GAA

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on February 28, 2009, 12:54:58 AM
Reillers yourself and others with the same view implied you never dodged any questions and indeed one said you "over answer". So could you let us all know about your own club? Or just let me know?

And why is this so important that your persisting with it, sounds to me like your trying to set him up for a fall. Whenever I criticised anyone for not answering a question it was because it was a question directly relevant to the debate and was generally of the 'back up your statement/opinion' variety. Reillers could just as easily come on here and pick a club randomly, you couldn't prove he wasn't from there so what is the point?

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 28, 2009, 05:11:28 PM

No, you're on now - lets have the answer.

I'm a patient man GAA. I'll wait to see if Reillers has anything to say first and then come back to me.

Quote from: Zulu on February 28, 2009, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 28, 2009, 12:54:58 AM
Reillers yourself and others with the same view implied you never dodged any questions and indeed one said you "over answer". So could you let us all know about your own club? Or just let me know?

And why is this so important that your persisting with it, sounds to me like your trying to set him up for a fall. Whenever I criticised anyone for not answering a question it was because it was a question directly relevant to the debate and was generally of the 'back up your statement/opinion' variety. Reillers could just as easily come on here and pick a club randomly, you couldn't prove he wasn't from there so what is the point?

Reillers can say whatever he wants Zulu but I didn't ask him what club he's from.
He's constantly referring to the stance of clubs so I've asked about his. What's wrong with that?
And whatever you and GAA think I have no doubt Reillers will answer for himself at some stage.

Zulu

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it but you seem to be insisting that he answers and I fail to see why.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on February 28, 2009, 07:57:35 PM
I didn't say there was anything wrong with it but you seem to be insisting that he answers and I fail to see why.

If there's nothing wrong why do you feel compelled to post. If Reillers answers me that will be first hand information and surely that's a good thing. I repeated my question because with so many posts and pages some questions and comments get lost, understandably.
Can I now presume that if anyone else seems insistent to you with a question for anyone you'll feel compelled to comment.
Although it's been a while I still have faith Reillers will answer, regardless of what it will be.

The GAA

My question is nothing to do with Reillers. so answer away.

by the way, its impossible not to know reiller's club if you've been reading his posts all along

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on March 01, 2009, 10:56:18 AM

My question is nothing to do with Reillers. so answer away.

by the way, its impossible not to know reiller's club if you've been reading his posts all along

So what has your question to do with GAA?

Zulu

Quote from: dowling on March 01, 2009, 04:18:41 AM

If there's nothing wrong why do you feel compelled to post. If Reillers answers me that will be first hand information and surely that's a good thing. I repeated my question because with so many posts and pages some questions and comments get lost, understandably.
Can I now presume that if anyone else seems insistent to you with a question for anyone you'll feel compelled to comment.
Although it's been a while I still have faith Reillers will answer, regardless of what it will be.

You seem a bit tetchy about this dowling, I'll ask you again why do need to know Reillers club? Anyway as 'GAA' has pointed out some of his posts indicate what club he's from.

To answer the question you posed to me, well yes I might feel compelled to wonder why one poster is insisting another poster answers a personal question with little to do with the topic at hand.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2009, 01:14:39 PM

You seem a bit tetchy about this dowling, I'll ask you again why do need to know Reillers club? Anyway as 'GAA' has pointed out some of his posts indicate what club he's from.

To answer the question you posed to me, well yes I might feel compelled to wonder why one poster is insisting another poster answers a personal question with little to do with the topic at hand.

I'm not tetchy at all Zulu, in fact I'm trying to placate you and GAA to a degree by responding to your posts. I could just be dismissive and point out the question was for Reillers but I'm not.
And again I never asked what Reiller's club was and have no need to know. So if you're going to respond to posts directed to someone else at least understand what the post was.
So we can keep this to-ing and fro-ing between you GAA and myself that really is pointless or just waut to see if Reillers has anything to say. You don't think he's taking legal advice do you? As he hasn't been on in a while I hope he's ok.

Zulu

QuoteAnd again I never asked what Reiller's club was and have no need to know. So if you're going to respond to posts directed to someone else at least understand what the post was.

Maybe you could explain to me what your looking for so, in Reillers absence perhaps someone else could help you out.

dowling

Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2009, 02:08:32 PM
QuoteAnd again I never asked what Reiller's club was and have no need to know. So if you're going to respond to posts directed to someone else at least understand what the post was.

Maybe you could explain to me what your looking for so, in Reillers absence perhaps someone else could help you out.

What I'm looking for is there in my previous posts, it's not cryptic. Just read the posts properly.
Appreciate the offer of help but as I said to GAA I've patience to wait for Reillers.

orangeman

Listening to the radio there, the young lads are taking a hammering today at home to Galway - very small corwd as well.

orangeman

Cork 1-11 Galway 4-16

Comprehensive defeat again but again fairly expected.

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on March 01, 2009, 01:43:53 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 01, 2009, 01:14:39 PM

I'm not tetchy at all Zulu, in fact I'm trying to placate you and GAA to a degree by responding to your posts. I could just be dismissive and point out the question was for Reillers but I'm not.
And again I never asked what Reiller's club was and have no need to know. So if you're going to respond to posts directed to someone else at least understand what the post was.
So we can keep this to-ing and fro-ing between you GAA and myself that really is pointless or just waut to see if Reillers has anything to say. You don't think he's taking legal advice do you? As he hasn't been on in a while I hope he's ok.

CAme on here to comment on the Galway demolition, wasn't expecting this.
Why do ya wanna know?
I was considering answering you but the attitude at the end of your post  has turned me off a tad.