Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 12:32:13 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 11:53:54 AM

In general or on something specific?

Allow me the liberty of paraphrasing:

"Frank called me up to his office to give me a lecture for lining out for my club when it was against IC player policy at the time. He was all set to lift me out of it but I stood up to him and we never had a problem since that day. I think he's great and great for Cork. I can't tell you the amount of time he's gotten Cork players out of trouble with his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. He once gave us an unscripted ten minute speech which raised the hairs on the back of our neck. If I were ever in trouble in court, Frank would be the first man I'd call. There is a great picture of me, Frank (and someone else) arm in arm after (I think 2004 AI final). Maybe we'll have more days like that some time in the future.'

There you go - legend. End of the criticism of Frank please. It was only ever a distraction.

Clearly Heffo's missing a few pages in his book, and he doesn't have Blood Brothers either I presume by the sounds of him.

Nothing arised from 03-the end of 06. Till he started playing his old games again.

Who's 'him'? The cats father? After all we've been through...are you claiming the paragraph above is inaccuratly portrayed? If so, please fill in the blanks...

I thought Corcoran played minor, U21 & senior in both codes over a period of about 16 years so surely he'd be the best man to give an accurate portrayal of Frank?

Was it not Frank Murphy who used to give Brian a lift home after training when Brian was a minor?

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying that one paragraph in the book, an opinion at a certain time doesn't portray the whole story. There are parts of the book where's not happy with him. Very unhappy with the CB.
Opinions change over time. What he thought then is very different to what he thought in 02 and extremley different to what he thinks now.

We all have our faults Reillers but that's a glowing report by anyone's standards.
Why don't you put the 'other bits' you're talking about up and we'll compare them.

If I can find the book I will.
But it's not the point. And the way ye are going so over the top with this isn't even funny. That was years ago. Things change, a lot of things change, and I can guarantee you Corcoran is not giving a glowing report of him now.
But because ye are so hell bent on trying to nit pick yere way through this fight ye don't seem to be able to see that things change, peoples opinions and views change with the times.

The reality is ye are looking for anything that will support yere arguement for a CB who know longer represents the clubs, which is it's sole purpose.
They no longer represent the grassroots and what use is the CB then. They don't represent the large majority in Cork, which is a disgrace, when the clubs opinions differ completley from the CB then something is seriously wrong.

But ye are, somehow, God only knows how, ok with that.

But answer me this question, yes or no..
Is it the Cb's job to represent and serve the clubs?

The answer is an emphatic yes. And because all the clubs in Cork have their full involvement in all competitions open to them and compete within the rules made by the membership then I would have to say that's fairly good evidence that the board is representing them. The fact that there are numerous county teams would be further evidence when you consider the board secure rigs, sponsorship, facilities and whatever else is needed. What is it they're not doing that makes you feel they're not representing the county?
You have no evidence they don't represent the majority. I can understand your excitement at the 2008 panel getting a reasonable turnout at their meeting but it remains to be seen if anything comes of it. And again don't forget not all at the meeting support the panels actions and a reasonable amout of clubs weren't there.
You have to deal with realities.
Heffo put up a quote and you scream in capital letters and hyphens and say that's not the way it is now and there's other things in the book. Get the substance up so we can deal with realities instead of screaming.

In spite of what you believe about clubs if I was a member of the 2008 panel, and one of its leaders in particular I'd be very worried about the clubs role in all this and whether or not the panel will get significant support.

Just because they manage to (pathetically) organise fixtures and clubs playing in those games, is nothing.
That's doing a basic job of theirs.

They don't represent the majority.
It's known by now the feeling up and down Cork is that they want a change.
Clubs up and down the county are calling SGMs, all of which are planning on backing the players, I could even probably tell you who and when.
The club chairmen in large went to the meeting with their clubs views, that was the point of the meeting, because the views weren't being represented at the CB meetings. And there was overwhelming support for the players.
The majority are now fully backing the players.
I live in Cork, I am very involved in my club, news and views travel fast.
The tide has completley turned on the CB, because they have lost the grassroots. It is common knowledge by now. Just because I can't show you any evidence means nothing.
Since when is over 400 people just a reasonable turnout.
The majority of clubs were there and the majority support the players. And that's what I've been told. Everyone I've spoken to who was at the meeting says the same thing, that the majority backed the players and if a vote was taken there and then on whether to keep Gerald in the job or not, it would have been almost 100% in favour of the players.

The CB have really fucked up, Gerald is now an advantage to the clubs and the players.
While the players mightn't have had half the backing on just the topic of Gerald a while ago, they now have a hell of a lot more backing because the view is changed to the CB, the clubs are furious, most feel they are not being represented by their delegates, that their voice isn't being heard and Gerald is what they want to get rid of first, they want their voice back, they want their county back. They want to be the ones running it, not FM and his minions.

JOS and Lane comming out and saying it doesn't matter one bit what the clubs think, because the rule book is on their side. Basically the clubs opinion doesn't matter a damn.

And that to a hell lot of clubs is more then just a slap in the face.

Reillers are you making things up as you go along.
When JOS refers to a rule he's refering to a rule passed by the clubs at county convention so that's further evidence of the board representing the clubs. Or would you rather the board ignored the rules the members of the association in Cork make? If the members now think the rule is not a good one they can change it. but they have to go to county convention again as that's another rule. And then it needs proposed and seconded as that's another rule. And don't forget about it having to be submitted in time. You guessed it, that's another rule. To be honest I'm unsure of the rule for voting to pass a motion but there's at least one there. Bit tedius all that I know but this is where the real nitpicking is. You elect a board to do a lot of things on behalf of the clubs, implementing the rules as agreed by the clubs being one aspect, and then criticise them for doing what they're elected to do.
Stop the mantra reillers. There's no way to be sure what support the panel have or how many clubs at the meeting supported them. All we can be sure of is that a percentage of those at the meeting didn't support them and a large percentage, indeed around 45% of clubs weren't represented.
The thing is reillers I would give you more credit than to be mindlessly repeating stuff which can't be substaniated so what's your reason for continually repeating yourself without being able to produce any evidence?
If you were to say "my feeling, taking into account what I've heard and seen is......." that's different.
My feeling is this has a way to go and the 2008 panel probably wont make progree through the clubs because the support they need isn't there.

What exactly am I making up?
The rule book is FM's. They are using the rule book, rule 59 to hide behind. Despite what the majority of clubs now want. Where does he talk about the rule being past by the clubs?
If the members now think the rule is not a good one they can change it..and pigs will fly.

There's no way to be sure what support the panel have or how many clubs at the meeting supported them. All we can be sure of is that a percentage of those at the meeting didn't support them and a large percentage, indeed around 45% of clubs weren't represented.
The thing is reillers I would give you more credit than to be mindlessly repeating stuff which can't be substaniated so what's your reason for continually repeating yourself without being able to produce any evidence?
If you were to say "my feeling, taking into account what I've heard and seen is......." that's different.
My feeling is this has a way to go and the 2008 panel probably wont make progree through the clubs because the support they need isn't there.

I know a hell lot more then you do Dowling about what the general feeling is in Cork clubs.
So do the lads on Rebelgaa who all pretty much say, besides a few, that their clubs are backing the players. The same has been said by any journo that is in Cork or reported on the situation. What everyone, all of them are saying, is what I am saying, there is now a large majority backing the players.
A small precentage at the club, a very, very small percentage at the meeting didn't. And that has been said 100 times.
So if your club and all the clubs (if you're in a club) in your county all met and agreed on a certain thing, a certain opinion and ye left, but ye had no evidence but what ye say afterwards to prove what happened, means it doesn't count, despite the fact that you know it's true. What a joke. We all know it's true.

THEY HAVE THE SUPPORT OF THE CLUBS.

And you've less evidence then me to say otherwise. Where's your evidence.

It doesn't matter who writes the rules it's about who passes them!
It doesn't matter if even it was a small percentage of those opposed at th meeting. 45% isn't small and when you add that small percentage to it starts creeping towards 50%.
And why weren't this 45% at the meeting in the first place?
Stop your spin reillers as if the county is united behind the 2008 panel. The county is spilt in two and it's bitter.
Are you sure you're not in contact with the 2008 panel because the mantra's wearing thin.
And what about your own club reillers? You stated some time ago that they didn't listen to you. Have you converted them now?

Where did you get the 45% from?
What spin.
I'm telling you that most clubs are behind the players fully. You know that the county is split in two do ya, it's not half and half I can tell ya that much, you know better then me, then people in Cork, in clubs in Cork.

Take the number of clubs in the county, take away the percentage claimed to be at the meeting and the rest who weren't there is around 45%. The exact numbers are somewhere or other if you look for them.
Does that surprise you about the 45%? For someone who knows more than me I'm surprised you didn't know that.
And what about your own club Reillers?

Reillers

Quote from: bingobus on February 27, 2009, 05:38:48 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 05:23:52 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 04:05:12 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:49:56 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 03:45:15 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 03:20:48 PM
Not meant to be a personal attack at all - just stating that he isn't at all consistent with what he's been saying on stage in support of the lads, that's all. No big deal really. A new irony by the way.

Of course its a personal attack - you've implied he's a liar.

Maybe he's not being consistent in what he's saying about Frank,saying as you've quoted nothing to indicate he doesn't fully support the players?

Compared to one paragraph 5 years ago.

Brian Corcoran's book was released in December 2006 - where is the five years?

Oh dear God..

In an autobiography, like Gach Uile Liathroid, The Brian Corcoran Story, it tends to cover that persons career, in Corcoran's case from Minor to retirement.

Now something someone did 10 years ago could be written in the book and realised in 2009, but it doesn't matter when the book is realised, it is still 10 years ago when that person did it.
Understand?

If the comment was made about someone's good act 10 yrs ago and the book was written 8 years subsequent, and they had really grown to dislike the person now, you wouldn't praise them for the act 10 years ago and talk solely about the good days.  You'd explain how that person screwed you over since and how the good times glossed over the person's real worth. You'd do this even more so if your where retiring and releasing a book.

Unless FM had the printer in his pocket as well and he took out that bit for him  ::)

The coment was wrote in the part for the 2003/04 around then, is in there. The book went to 06.
Still with only one thing done by the CB.
Nothing to do with the 07 strike or what's on now. It's now 09. Opinions change.

anglocelt39

What spin.
I'm telling you that most clubs are behind the players fully. You know that the county is split in two do ya, it's not half and half I can tell ya that much, you know better then me, then people in Cork, in clubs in Cork

Fairly sure of yourself for a change there Reillers. You couldn't do me a favour and do something useful and tell me for certain what the contents of tomorrows newspaper is, the racing results would be real useful, like. What a players patsy
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Reillers

Quote from: anglocelt39 on February 27, 2009, 07:09:24 PM
What spin.
I'm telling you that most clubs are behind the players fully. You know that the county is split in two do ya, it's not half and half I can tell ya that much, you know better then me, then people in Cork, in clubs in Cork

Fairly sure of yourself for a change there Reillers. You couldn't do me a favour and do something useful and tell me for certain what the contents of tomorrows newspaper is, the racing results would be real useful, like. What a players patsy

What the hell is your problem.
Why not try to make a decent (fact full) comment instead of rambling bias and disgraceful crap like Seanohasbeen or whatever it is you said, when he and the players alike have done more for the game then you'll ever do. You, like so many on here, came on here clearly just to have a good cry, bitch and whinge about the players, regardless of the facts, oh and trying, and failing, to annoy me.

Or else find something else to do with your time.

Owenmoresider

And maybe you'll quit patronising and talking down to other posters who happen to hold a contrary view to yours/Cusack's/Gardiner's/O'Halpin's, and constantly insist that they are immature (as you said to sligeach) or know nothing about the whole matter. Wouldn't hold my breath on that though.

Reillers

We can only hope.
And I'll stop saying they're full of crap when the likes of OM stop writing crap, that they know is crap just to try and prove their point. When they stop fighting for what's technically right despite what the clubs think. Basically saying that they too, because the CB are technically right, don't care what the clubs think either. And technically because I can't prove what I know, that most clubs are behind the players, they say that's not true either. The fact that a lot of people in Cork (with the few remaining CB supporters seeing as most pro Gerald fans have realised this is bigger then Gerald, and no longer about him like it was.) have changed their minds for the better because they know it's a lot bigger then McCarthy, but on here, no they'd rather win a petty arguement then see Cork GAA actually get back the power to the clubs that they deserve, because the cb are technically right because of the hate they have for the IC players.
I'd do anything to see the power back in the rightfull hands of the clubs. And they actually argue against that.

I respect the genuine pro Gerald fans like Realrebel, but some of the people on here have that opinion just in spite of the players.

Like I said, we can only hope.

The GAA

Are we really pinning our entire "frank's a great fella" theory on a paragraph in a book written 4 years ago in the face of many testimonys to the contrary? A paragraph dictated might i add by a man who currently stands full square on the opposite side of the baricade now from Murphy - 4 years later. a lot can happen - and has happened in cork - in that time.

Incidently, why is Brian Corcoran's view of the man taken at face value while 30 more of his team mates are not believed?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 09:58:48 PM

Are we really pinning our entire "frank's a great fella" theory on a paragraph in a book written 4 years ago in the face of many testimonys to the contrary? A paragraph dictated might i add by a man who currently stands full square on the opposite side of the baricade now from Murphy - 4 years later. a lot can happen - and has happened in cork - in that time.

Incidently, why is Brian Corcoran's view of the man taken at face value while 30 more of his team mates are not believed?

I take your point but Brian's book was based on his relationship with FM over the course of a long number of years.

Does anyone know exactly what Brian did say on the podium that day ? Maybe he didn't say anything at all and was just there to support the players, give them a wee lift ??

Brian had no axe to grind with Frank when writing his book. Personally I'd put more faith in that than the lads who are on strike who may be inclined to be less than complimentary. He seems to have been their main target in the CB.

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 10:07:01 PM
Brian had no axe to grind with Frank when writing his book. Personally I'd put more faith in that than the lads who are on strike who may be inclined to be less than complimentary. He seems to have been their main target in the CB.

30 wrong and 1 right then?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 10:10:06 PM

30 wrong and 1 right then?

I'm not saying that but all you can go by is what is in the book, which came out after Brian hung the boots up in 2006. I haven't read anything from Brian save him saying that the 2008 lads were great lads, that he was with them through thick and thin and that they'd do anything for you etc. I didn't see where he talked about FM in particular. Maybe he did. But I haven't seen it. If there is something about Frank, maybe someone could post it.

INDIANA

there isn't anything in his book about frank in a derogatory sense. I'm not saying frank's a great guy just find it hard to reconcile here what's been said about him. For the 2002 strike Brian blames the county board and actually states it's not frank's fault but the organisation (ie the county board).

Reillers

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 09:58:48 PM

I take your point but Brian's book was based on his relationship with FM over the course of a long number of years.

Does anyone know exactly what Brian did say on the podium that day ? Maybe he didn't say anything at all and was just there to support the players, give them a wee lift ??

Brian's book wasn't based on his relationship with Frank, it's one paragraph long in the entire book.
He did talk and talked pasionatley about the players.
HAD none at the time. Things like I said, 07 and 09 later, things change.
He is the main target for a reason. Clubs hate him for a reason.

He thinks he rules the GAA. He (incase ye forgot) was the one who reappointed McCarthy despite the players telling him that he was the one man they didn't want to play under. FM also went back to the CB and said they were in favour of the reappointment.
In case ye forgot.

orangeman

If you've got FM in your sights - fine - keep him in your sights - and shoot him down - not a problem.

Brian saw no problem with him during his paying days but he's entitled to change his mind. That's up to him.

If FM is the man who has presided over a dictatorship, that's fine too. Bring the vote of no confidence and get rid of him - make his position untenable.

Not a problem - but for God's sake get on with it.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 10:39:19 PM
If you've got FM in your sights - fine - keep him in your sights - and shoot him down - not a problem.

Brian saw no problem with him during his paying days but he's entitled to change his mind. That's up to him.

If FM is the man who has presided over a dictatorship, that's fine too. Bring the vote of no confidence and get rid of him - make his position untenable.

Not a problem - but for God's sake get on with it.

He had no problem with him at that time, he did very much so in 2002, 07 and now. Stop trying to twist things.
Gerald is the first port of call, I don't see the CB actually making a no vote of confidence in the CB themselves. I do see, hope, Cooney brings FM with him though so we can all get on with it.

INDIANA

He didn't have a problem with Frank in 2002. I can quote the passage if you want. He had a problem with the county board.