McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 03:02:46 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 02:55:53 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 02:39:09 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 02:36:37 PM

I've no problem seeing that that's Corcoran's personal opinion on frank.

I also don't see how this should somehow exempt frank from the multitude of others who have a different opinion, expressing so.

Its also worth noting that Corcoran is a very strong supporter of the players' stance and was very prominent at the first march

Is that not further irony ??

Where's the irony?

further to which previous irony?

Brian's forked tongue.

Is Brian's forked tongue (A personal attack i don't agree with) the new or previous irony?

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 27, 2009, 03:08:16 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 02:08:51 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 01:57:34 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 12:32:13 PM
Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 11:53:54 AM

In general or on something specific?

Allow me the liberty of paraphrasing:

"Frank called me up to his office to give me a lecture for lining out for my club when it was against IC player policy at the time. He was all set to lift me out of it but I stood up to him and we never had a problem since that day. I think he's great and great for Cork. I can't tell you the amount of time he's gotten Cork players out of trouble with his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. He once gave us an unscripted ten minute speech which raised the hairs on the back of our neck. If I were ever in trouble in court, Frank would be the first man I'd call. There is a great picture of me, Frank (and someone else) arm in arm after (I think 2004 AI final). Maybe we'll have more days like that some time in the future.'

There you go - legend. End of the criticism of Frank please. It was only ever a distraction.

Clearly Heffo's missing a few pages in his book, and he doesn't have Blood Brothers either I presume by the sounds of him.

Nothing arised from 03-the end of 06. Till he started playing his old games again.

Who's 'him'? The cats father? After all we've been through...are you claiming the paragraph above is inaccuratly portrayed? If so, please fill in the blanks...

I thought Corcoran played minor, U21 & senior in both codes over a period of about 16 years so surely he'd be the best man to give an accurate portrayal of Frank?

Was it not Frank Murphy who used to give Brian a lift home after training when Brian was a minor?

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying that one paragraph in the book, an opinion at a certain time doesn't portray the whole story. There are parts of the book where's not happy with him. Very unhappy with the CB.
Opinions change over time. What he thought then is very different to what he thought in 02 and extremley different to what he thinks now.

We all have our faults Reillers but that's a glowing report by anyone's standards.
Why don't you put the 'other bits' you're talking about up and we'll compare them.

If I can find the book I will.
But it's not the point. And the way ye are going so over the top with this isn't even funny. That was years ago. Things change, a lot of things change, and I can guarantee you Corcoran is not giving a glowing report of him now.
But because ye are so hell bent on trying to nit pick yere way through this fight ye don't seem to be able to see that things change, peoples opinions and views change with the times.

The reality is ye are looking for anything that will support yere arguement for a CB who know longer represents the clubs, which is it's sole purpose.
They no longer represent the grassroots and what use is the CB then. They don't represent the large majority in Cork, which is a disgrace, when the clubs opinions differ completley from the CB then something is seriously wrong.

But ye are, somehow, God only knows how, ok with that.

But answer me this question, yes or no..
Is it the Cb's job to represent and serve the clubs?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 03:14:28 PM

I also don't see how this should somehow exempt frank from the multitude of others who have a different opinion, expressing so.

Its also worth noting that Corcoran is a very strong supporter of the players' stance and was very prominent at the first march

Where's the irony?

Brian's forked tongue.

Is Brian's forked tongue (A personal attack i don't agree with) the new or previous irony?

Not meant to be a personal attack at all - just stating that he isn't at all consistent with what he's been saying on stage in support of the lads, that's all. No big deal really. A new irony by the way.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 27, 2009, 03:20:48 PM

Where's the irony?

Brian's forked tongue.

Not meant to be a personal attack at all - just stating that he isn't at all consistent with what he's been saying on stage in support of the lads, that's all. No big deal really. A new irony by the way.

Oh OM, I'm going to break this down for you in the simpleist way posible.

P-E-O-P-L-E-S O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S C-H-A-N-G-E

How hard is that to understand??

heffo

"Frank called me up to his office to give me a lecture for lining out for my club when it was against IC player policy at the time. He was all set to lift me out of it but I stood up to him and we never had a problem since that day. I think he's great and great for Cork. I can't tell you the amount of time he's gotten Cork players out of trouble with his knowledge of the rule book and quick thinking. He once gave us an unscripted ten minute speech which raised the hairs on the back of our neck. If I were ever in trouble in court, Frank would be the first man I'd call. There is a great picture of me, Frank (and someone else) arm in arm after (I think 2004 AI final). Maybe we'll have more days like that some time in the future.'

There you go - legend. End of the criticism of Frank please. It was only ever a distraction.

Clearly Heffo's missing a few pages in his book, and he doesn't have Blood Brothers either I presume by the sounds of him.

Nothing arised from 03-the end of 06. Till he started playing his old games again.

Who's 'him'? The cats father? After all we've been through...are you claiming the paragraph above is inaccuratly portrayed? If so, please fill in the blanks...

I thought Corcoran played minor, U21 & senior in both codes over a period of about 16 years so surely he'd be the best man to give an accurate portrayal of Frank?

Was it not Frank Murphy who used to give Brian a lift home after training when Brian was a minor?

I'm not claiming anything, I'm just saying that one paragraph in the book, an opinion at a certain time doesn't portray the whole story. There are parts of the book where's not happy with him. Very unhappy with the CB.
Opinions change over time. What he thought then is very different to what he thought in 02 and extremley different to what he thinks now.

Did Brian share his new opinions with you personally?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:28:00 PM

Where's the irony?

Brian's forked tongue.

Oh OM, I'm going to break this down for you in the simpleist way posible.

P-E-O-P-L-E-S O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S C-H-A-N-G-E

Have you changed your entrenched opinion that the 2008 panel are not on strike?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 03:29:00 PM

It's not a new opinion and it's pretty much first hand.
Where in the book is the quote from?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:30:47 PM

Answer my question about the strike (which I've asked you about 15 times now) and I'll answer yours..

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 03:35:53 PM

Answer my question about the strike (which I've asked you about 15 times now) and I'll answer yours..

It's the first time I've seen it.
Iys it a strike, they're not calling it a strike, they are refusing to play, that's what matters. To me it seems like a strike, but they're saying they've walked away and they haven't said any different to my knowing anyway.
And it's only a page number, relax.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:40:14 PM

Iys it a strike, they're not calling it a strike, they are refusing to play, that's what matters. To me it seems like a strike, but they're saying they've walked away and they haven't said any different to my knowing anyway.

Stop fudging the question and give me a yes or no answer please - you were 100% sure previous to this that they were not on strike.

The GAA

Of course its a personal attack - you've implied he's a liar.

Maybe he's not being consistent in what he's saying about Frank,saying as you've quoted nothing to indicate he doesn't fully support the players?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 03:44:47 PM

Stop fudging the question and give me a yes or no answer please - you were 100% sure previous to this that they were not on strike.

DO I think it's a strike, yes, is that what the players are saying, no. But it looks like a strike to me.

Reillers

Quote from: The GAA on February 27, 2009, 03:45:15 PM

Of course its a personal attack - you've implied he's a liar.

Maybe he's not being consistent in what he's saying about Frank,saying as you've quoted nothing to indicate he doesn't fully support the players?

Ya cause OM, I could give you about 300 pages full of nothing but praise for the players.
And then there's the march and he said some pretty powerful stuff there as well, completley behind the players 110%.
Compared to one paragraph 5 years ago.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:48:18 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 27, 2009, 03:44:47 PM

DO I think it's a strike, yes, is that what the players are saying, no. But it looks like a strike to me.

Thanks for that.

What are the former Cork hurlers saying?

Are they saying that they've engaged in a services stoppage undertaken in support of a bargaining position or in protest of some aspect of a previous agreement or proposed agreement between players and management/county board?

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on February 27, 2009, 03:17:10 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 27, 2009, 03:08:16 PM

We all have our faults Reillers but that's a glowing report by anyone's standards.
Why don't you put the 'other bits' you're talking about up and we'll compare them.

If I can find the book I will.
But it's not the point. And the way ye are going so over the top with this isn't even funny. That was years ago. Things change, a lot of things change, and I can guarantee you Corcoran is not giving a glowing report of him now.
But because ye are so hell bent on trying to nit pick yere way through this fight ye don't seem to be able to see that things change, peoples opinions and views change with the times.

The reality is ye are looking for anything that will support yere arguement for a CB who know longer represents the clubs, which is it's sole purpose.
They no longer represent the grassroots and what use is the CB then. They don't represent the large majority in Cork, which is a disgrace, when the clubs opinions differ completley from the CB then something is seriously wrong.

But ye are, somehow, God only knows how, ok with that.

But answer me this question, yes or no..
Is it the Cb's job to represent and serve the clubs?

The answer is an emphatic yes. And because all the clubs in Cork have their full involvement in all competitions open to them and compete within the rules made by the membership then I would have to say that's fairly good evidence that the board is representing them. The fact that there are numerous county teams would be further evidence when you consider the board secure rigs, sponsorship, facilities and whatever else is needed. What is it they're not doing that makes you feel they're not representing the county?
You have no evidence they don't represent the majority. I can understand your excitement at the 2008 panel getting a reasonable turnout at their meeting but it remains to be seen if anything comes of it. And again don't forget not all at the meeting support the panels actions and a reasonable amout of clubs weren't there.
You have to deal with realities.
Heffo put up a quote and you scream in capital letters and hyphens and say that's not the way it is now and there's other things in the book. Get the substance up so we can deal with realities instead of screaming.

In spite of what you believe about clubs if I was a member of the 2008 panel, and one of its leaders in particular I'd be very worried about the clubs role in all this and whether or not the panel will get significant support.