McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: sligeach on February 24, 2009, 01:00:15 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 09:20:37 AM
Show me the post that I didn't asnwer and I'll answer it.

Why ? You didn't answer this one either.

I state what the players want, what they have said from the beginning they wanted, it is the definition of a veto, Donal Og says they don't want a veto and that makes it true ?

Just because he says its not a veto does not mean its true. I have asked you to tell me how in Gods name its not a veto when its obvious to anyone with knowledge of the English language it is the exact definition of a veto.

QuoteYou've been on here for ages now and the topic has gone on for ages, and you still think it's about wanting to call the shots and pick the manager.

Thats your answer ? Thats a response ?

I still think its about wanting to call the shots because the ONLY evidence presented against that is Donal Og's word. He says they told the CCB they won't play under Ger, then say they don't want to call the shots.

QuoteSpoilt primma donnas, do actually realise what's going on. Do you ignore everything that goes on on purpose or just to be incredibly annoying.

아마도

The Cork hurlers, if they were spoilt primma donnas..I don't see anyone having a fit that he called them primma donnas..they wouldn't be doing what they are doing.

Its exactly what they would be doing.
They are trying to overturn the Cork GAA,

Player power
they are trying to organise the Cork clubs and it's extraordinary that it's taken the players do to it. It should never have been down to them to do it.

Oh right yeah, you mean they are doing what EVERYONE ELSE knew was the right way to go about changing things now after 5 months of acting like spoilt children ?

QuoteThe situation would never happen in KK. They all work together, their cb doesn't go out of it's way to get rid of it's best players.

And the Kilkenny players have a lot more respect for themselves and their county then the Cork ones.
I asked you what the post was, please show me so I can reply to it and I just responded to your post. (There are several of mine in which you completley ignored as well but lets not go there.)

Do you really see things that black and white. Clearly you're very young because when you're older you'll understand that maybe things just aren't that simple. Not just black and white, maybe then you'll understand the Veto issue..well hopefully anyway.

They don't (for the millionth time) want to call the shots. They didn't want to do what they did, once never mind 3 times, they never wanted to be on the selection commitee either but it was part of the agreement of arbitrion. These players would do anything for ya, they will work for you and no one will try harder. No one wants to improve, they, especially Donal Og are the ultimate inch fighters according to Corcoran and will do anything to improve. They'd love nothing more then to not have to worry about anything but hurling instead of fighting these stupid battles that are all about FM's petty little games.
Ask anyone, any manager, even Cody, who had the most professional set up for the last few years and they'll tell you without hesitation that Cork did..till Gerald came.

How is this, what they are doing, for themselves, why does it make them primma donnas?
Last time I checked wanting to win or at least being given the best chance and set up possible to try and win, doing it for themselves?
IF they were selfish primma donnas they wouldn't put themselves through all of this, months of this, they would have pulled out long ago, would they not have done?

It's not player power, it's power to the players, to the clubs, giving Cork GAA back to the grassroots, to the clubs, not letting some too big for his shoes, fossil who is and has been for years, drunk on power, dictate who does what.
They couldn't have done this 5 months ago, the clubs wouldn't have moved an inch and clearly you don't understand why.
And if the players manage to pull this one off then they should be given a parade because Cork GAA will be forever gratefull for that.

Kikenny players have a lot more respect..bullshit, I'm sorry now but you don't know what anyone else would do in this situation.

orangeman

KK have won the last 3 in a row but they'll not go on forever -  just like Cork didn't go on forever after winning 2 in a row -

You'd honestly think that Cork had won the previous 10 AI titles prior to KK winning their 3 in a row the way you're tlaking Reillers.

As past 15 years, how many have Cork won ??

It's all very well having a professional set up, acting professional or pretending to be professional -  any team can order a first class carriage on a train, all that takes is money - but to win an AI takes a whole lot more than that.

KK right now have the players - Cork are lagging behind.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 24, 2009, 05:42:17 PM
Reillers, in Dublin we're aware of the democratic processes we don't need to go on strike.
Reillers the current kk team would win the munster championship for the next decade. It doesn't matter who manages Cork you're not going to beat them .
Its not out fault the other counties in leinster are crap at football. We've a very poor underage football record so its a shocking endigtment on those counties themselves. Its nothing to do with adminstration its to do with emigration and alcohol in most cases.
Very few issues with county boards anywhere else again thats just a figment of yout imagination or Reillersland as Tatler calls it.
Every county now plays a hurling competition at their own level. That is massive progress from previous years in itself. There are issues like when they shifted the Christy Ring final last year but nothing on the scale of what you're proposing.
We've seen the Donegal hurlers play in croke park, the kildare hurlers . How is that poor adminsitration?The nitty, gritty crevasses that you claim exist all  largely come from one county ie Cork. If Cork was cut adrift from this country in the morning, who would miss it?
And now Humphries shouldn't have said it? Obviously people in Cork weren't too happy about it either about a group of lads who totally removed themselves from the argument whatever the rights and wrongs of it to be publicly insulted yesterday.
The Gaa isn't perfect but is miles ahead of the likes of the IRFU and the FAI and various others on the globe. And I think you'll find whether they are pro or anti player posters most of them will agree with me on that.Its tried to intervene in Cork and its literally thrown in their face everytime they do.

Aware of it in Dublin, well they certainly aren't in Cork.
Whether they would win Munster or not, it's not the point. Leinster is extremley poor compared to KK and compared to Munster. And it's not fair on the weak teams in Leinster to go out and play a team where the mindset is lets not loose by more then 20 or 30 points. That doesn't make a team better. How much easier and healthier would it be if KK weren't in Leinster for the weaker counties. Their mindset is all wrong for it, no confidence going in to the KK game at all so half the time, because of the back door, they don't bother. They try their hearts out in the League then and like we saw last year Offaly and Wexford and Dublin put up a hell of a fight. They mightn't have been anywhere near as good as the team they played but they fought hard, they wanted to win it. No Leinster team goes into a same against hoping to win it. (I love the change in view point when it changes from the hurling to the football by the way.)
Other teams in Leinster are poor but the GAA gives them no time at all, the same with the weak hurling counties. Like I said the GPA spend more time working with them then the GAA do.
No it's not yere fault that other teams in Leinster are crap. And it's not our fault that Cork Kerry is the only rivalry in Munster, but it's the way it is. It's a shambles.
IF every other county board functions propperly which I know it doesn't from what I've been told, people on here have actually said that there are big problems in other CB's but you don't see x players going on strike..etc.
You honestly believe that the GAA treat weak counties well. I mean, seriously, arguing with me aside, you really believe what you just wrote there.

I never said Humphries should have said it, it wasn't anything personal at the players, an analogy, but a bad one that some would obviously over react, especially on here. Ye had a fit like he insulted the Pope or something.
And Croke Park thanks to FM made an attempt to try once, they then suddenly flew in when all this about the clubs not being represented and such came out and tried again.
But if Croke Park did their job they would have gotten rid of FM years ago, instead we're left with this.

orangeman

Dublin footballers are a case in point -  they would reckon they've got a very professional set up - massive backroom team, access to all and sundry, - but they haven't made the breakthrough yet because they don't have the 15 or 22 best players. They're a good side who are knocking on the door but just because they've a professional set up guarantees them nothing.

A local pundit / commentator on gaelic games up here said recently that you can give lads as many Jaffa cakes and Isotonic drinks as you like but if they can't play football, it's an awful waste !

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 24, 2009, 05:56:46 PM
KK have won the last 3 in a row but they'll not go on forever -  just like Cork didn't go on forever after winning 2 in a row -

You'd honestly think that Cork had won the previous 10 AI titles prior to KK winning their 3 in a row the way you're tlaking Reillers.

As past 15 years, how many have Cork won ??

It's all very well having a professional set up, acting professional or pretending to be professional -  any team can order a first class carriage on a train, all that takes is money - but to win an AI takes a whole lot more than that.

KK right now have the players - Cork are lagging behind.

How, I mean how, did this get onto KK. They are an excellent team and better then us.
How did you get that from the way I was talking..sersiously, how?
Cork haven't won that many in the last 15 years, why, lets see, oh ya NO UNDERAGE STRUCTURE at all, FM kept telling himself that the mushrooms would grow all by themselves.
I never said that KK didn't have the players and that Cork weren't lagging behind so I've no idea where you got that from.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on February 24, 2009, 06:00:57 PM
Dublin footballers are a case in point -  they would reckon they've got a very professional set up - massive backroom team, access to all and sundry, - but they haven't made the breakthrough yet because they don't have the 15 or 22 best players. They're a good side who are knocking on the door but just because they've a professional set up guarantees them nothing.

A local pundit / commentator on gaelic games up here said recently that you can give lads as many Jaffa cakes and Isotonic drinks as you like but if they can't play football, it's an awful waste !

No, Cork had the best manager, backroom team, training set up..etc. All of it was very professional and Cork benefited from that very much so by being in 4 AI finals in a row and winning 2 and several Munsters.
Dublin have never proven themselves unlike Cork, and haven't been in an AI final for years.
It's not the same.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 06:02:59 PM
Quote from: orangeman on February 24, 2009, 06:00:57 PM

No, Cork had the best manager, backroom team, training set up..etc. All of it was very professional and Cork benefited from that very much so by being in 4 AI finals in a row and winning 2 and several Munsters.
Dublin have never proven themselves unlike Cork, and haven't been in an AI final for years.
It's not the same.

Now you're talking sense - you're right - they even had the best team a few years ago - but not any more . You think they're better than they are - that's the problem. So blame the manager.

No underage structure - So Sean Og and the lads happened in spite of the system ? you're doig a lot of good men a big disservice by saying that there has been no youth structure.

orangeman

bingobus

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 05:58:47 PM
Reillers, in Dublin we're aware of the democratic processes we don't need to go on strike.
Reillers the current kk team would win the munster championship for the next decade. It doesn't matter who manages Cork you're not going to beat them .
Its not out fault the other counties in leinster are crap at football. We've a very poor underage football record so its a shocking endigtment on those counties themselves. Its nothing to do with adminstration its to do with emigration and alcohol in most cases.
Very few issues with county boards anywhere else again thats just a figment of yout imagination or Reillersland as Tatler calls it.
Every county now plays a hurling competition at their own level. That is massive progress from previous years in itself. There are issues like when they shifted the Christy Ring final last year but nothing on the scale of what you're proposing.
We've seen the Donegal hurlers play in croke park, the kildare hurlers . How is that poor adminsitration?The nitty, gritty crevasses that you claim exist all  largely come from one county ie Cork. If Cork was cut adrift from this country in the morning, who would miss it?
And now Humphries shouldn't have said it? Obviously people in Cork weren't too happy about it either about a group of lads who totally removed themselves from the argument whatever the rights and wrongs of it to be publicly insulted yesterday.
The Gaa isn't perfect but is miles ahead of the likes of the IRFU and the FAI and various others on the globe. And I think you'll find whether they are pro or anti player posters most of them will agree with me on that.Its tried to intervene in Cork and its literally thrown in their face everytime they do.

Whether they would win Munster or not, it's not the point. Leinster is extremley poor compared to KK and compared to Munster. And it's not fair on the weak teams in Leinster to go out and play a team where the mindset is lets not loose by more then 20 or 30 points. That doesn't make a team better. How much easier and healthier would it be if KK weren't in Leinster for the weaker counties. Their mindset is all wrong for it, no confidence going in to the KK game at all so half the time, because of the back door, they don't bother. They try their hearts out in the League then and like we saw last year Offaly and Wexford and Dublin put up a hell of a fight. They mightn't have been anywhere near as good as the team they played but they fought hard, they wanted to win it. No Leinster team goes into a same against hoping to win it. (I love the change in view point when it changes from the hurling to the football by the way.)
Other teams in Leinster are poor but the GAA gives them no time at all, the same with the weak hurling counties. Like I said the GPA spend more time working with them then the GAA do.
No it's not yere fault that other teams in Leinster are crap. And it's not our fault that Cork Kerry is the only rivalry in Munster, but it's the way it is. It's a shambles.
IF every other county board functions propperly which I know it doesn't from what I've been told, people on here have actually said that there are big problems in other CB's but you don't see x players going on strike..etc.
You honestly believe that the GAA treat weak counties well. I mean, seriously, arguing with me aside, you really believe what you just wrote there.

I never said Humphries should have said it, it wasn't anything personal at the players, an analogy, but a bad one that some would obviously over react, especially on here. Ye had a fit like he insulted the Pope or something.
And Croke Park thanks to FM made an attempt to try once, they then suddenly flew in when all this about the clubs not being represented and such came out and tried again.
But if Croke Park did their job they would have gotten rid of FM years ago, instead we're left with this.

Yes, you are right. The GAA is a mess and to be honest, is it worthwhile for a pair of All-Ireland finals a year?? Lets just call the whole thing off and take up golf, they know how to run a good association.  ::)  ::)

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 05:58:47 PM

You're looking for a utopian version of the Gaa where all 32 compete on an equal basis. You don't get that in any other sport in the world. The big populations will always be better than the counties with small ones by and large. You get exceptions like tyrone at football and kilkenny at hurling. For everyone else it comes in cycles. The likes of letrim at football will almost never beat Kerry. they don't have the numbers to do it.
The Gaa has pumped massive money into underage hurling in Dublin but its taken 15 years to get what we have now, a half-decent team. Its changing amindset as well. I couldn't fault them for the effort they've put in the county here at hurling. we now have dual u16's picking hurling over football. Unheard of.

youngfella

Pull hard and early

dowling

Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 05:31:12 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 24, 2009, 05:25:04 PM
I have to say that the pro posters on here are the ones who lose sight of reality. I disputed two radio interviews with Reillers and on the second one in particular he slighted Alan White whereas I read the situ differently and was proved right. A man trying his best and who obviously leant towards the 2008 panel was ripped to shreds. I'd have to say the posters who don't support the strike have the more open minds.

We've all, everyone on here, the players, CB, Gerald..etc have all made mistakes. Ya you were right on that bit, like I was right on Gerald being a pawn, the 09 hurlers being a pawn, clubs not being represented by their delegates, the delegates being monkeys to the FM, the players having the true backing of the grassroots..would you like me to go on because the list is very long and only getting longer.

All of which you said was bullshit and the players were "ripped to shreads" by yourself.

You..open minded..pull the other one.

Made mistakes? Reillers you like others are so blinded that you can't even see when someone is on the same side as you and when they outline something slightly differently you get tore into them.
I don't think Gerald is a pawn. He seems quite clear and principled about what is going on. And I think Ryan spoke well about the present Cork panel and showed they are realistic about all that's going on.
As for the grassroots Reillers, well firstly let's not forget Sunday night's meeting had no offical standing and it remains to be seen if it leads anywhere and if the membership of Cork is reflected in anything it might lead to. But in the bigger picture what you and others can't see is that the players have already lost. Even if 55% of the county were to back them it still leaves a bitter legacy to this mess.

I see we're back to the "bullshit" too. No matter what I think of your comments I've never felt the urge to be as ignorant to you but I suppose that's a typical pro poster mentality.  I haven't ripped the players to shreds by the way and blame only a few of them for the current mess.

What do you think of the Antrim manager's take on it all.

dowling

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 24, 2009, 08:16:22 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 24, 2009, 05:31:12 PM
Quote from: dowling on February 24, 2009, 05:25:04 PM
I have to say that the pro posters on here are the ones who lose sight of reality. I disputed two radio interviews with Reillers and on the second one in particular he slighted Alan White whereas I read the situ differently and was proved right. A man trying his best and who obviously leant towards the 2008 panel was ripped to shreds. I'd have to say the posters who don't support the strike have the more open minds.

We've all, everyone on here, the players, CB, Gerald..etc have all made mistakes. Ya you were right on that bit, like I was right on Gerald being a pawn, the 09 hurlers being a pawn, clubs not being represented by their delegates, the delegates being monkeys to the FM, the players having the true backing of the grassroots..would you like me to go on because the list is very long and only getting longer.

All of which you said was bullshit and the players were "ripped to shreads" by yourself.

You..open minded..pull the other one.

Made mistakes? Reillers you like others are so blinded that you can't even see when someone is on the same side as you and when they outline something slightly differently you get tore into them.
I don't think Gerald is a pawn. He seems quite clear and principled about what is going on. And I think Ryan spoke well about the present Cork panel and showed they are realistic about all that's going on.
As for the grassroots Reillers, well firstly let's not forget Sunday night's meeting had no offical standing and it remains to be seen if it leads anywhere and if the membership of Cork is reflected in anything it might lead to. But in the bigger picture what you and others can't see is that the players have already lost. Even if 55% of the county were to back them it still leaves a bitter legacy to this mess.

I see we're back to the "bullshit" too. No matter what I think of your comments I've never felt the urge to be as ignorant to you but I suppose that's a typical pro poster mentality.  I haven't ripped the players to shreds by the way and blame only a few of them for the current mess.

What do you think of the Antrim manager's take on it all.

You're as biased as I am so don't lecture me about  being "blinded."
You don't think that Gerald is a pawn..are you naieve or blind? It has to be one or the other. Because there's no way you can honestly think that that's the truth. Gerald wasn't kept as manager because of his amazing secord, player realationship or management in general. It was for one reason and one only, which is very much seen as fact at this stage, to purely get rid of the senior players and that's why none of the pro CCB posters can justify Gerald's appointment.
Gerald will be safter in the blink of an eye if FM feels that he is a threat to his power. He does not rate nor care about Gerald or anyone else for that matter, only himself.
And if it comes to it and he feels a genuine threat tonight he just might get rid of him tonight. But I doubt it seeing as the written press is allowed to be there, and that worries me because that only happens when FM has something up his sleeve. It's very suspicious. Hopefully he doesn't have something horrible up his sleeve.
If FM is gotten rid of, if this is resolved it'll be put away and forgotten about by Cork anyway, incredibly good at locking past "meetings" with the CB away and if FM is gotten rid of then it'll be remembered as one of the greatest days in Cork GAA.
The meeting on Sunday represented the grassroots, represented the clubs, the real GAA people. Not the pocket men or the puppets. The real GAA people. And they spoke loudly, the march and the meeting.

I think the Antrim manager's take on it is pretty fair to be honest.

GalwayBayBoy

Cork's neverending story is on Prime Time shortly.