McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

"dowling give us a break, 'pissed off', 'shite', 'bullshit', we are all adults here I presume, if you as offended as you're letting on by those terms you mustn't get out much. They maybe mildly foul terms but they are far from abusive so just get over it and get on with it."

I never said I was offended Zulu, in fact if you care to check back I've been consistent in what I've said, that it's a bad reflection on the posters. I'm not trying to stop anyone from using whatever language they wish, I just don't think it's helpful to your, and the others, argument in the debate. You could nearly say I'm trying to help you. And it's not just the language it's also the tone.
Anyway if you think there's nothing wrong then you should skip back a page or two and delete your comment,
" When you repeatedly refer to the GPA in this dispute, it gets a bit frustrating but you're right I shouldn't have used the term 'bullshit', so I apologize."
You mustn't have been thinking right there.

GAA the language and tone in the agruements in this debate are very much relevant, here on this board and more importantly among the contending groups and individuals. But as I said to Zulu use whatever terms and tone you wish, shite, lies or whatever but if you're hoping to convince anyone of your viewpoint being right you're just making your job harder.

But answer me this why is the use of such language and tone coming very much in the main from people with a similar view to you?

The GAA

If you don't like someone who is telling is that they are talking shite then don't bother leaving the house. live in the real world ffs.

There is no convincing the like of you of anything beyond your entrenched viewpoint but i will add that you have not successfully proven a single argument of mine to be incorrect in over 200 pages of debate.

Zulu

QuoteQuote
Zulu - the same could be said about you lads not seeing the wood for the trees  -

How's that now? Can you tell me why the CB reappointed Gerald and do you agree with it?

The CB have shown that it was done fairly. I'm not going to comment on Gerald's managerial ability. This has already been discussed at length.

That's a complete and utter cop out OM, how can it be fair if the players say they can't work with the man and the other 5 vote to reappoint him? I'll ask you again if knowing what they knew would you have reappointed Gerald and why? (feel free to answer that as well dowling)

QuoteI never said I was offended Zulu, in fact if you care to check back I've been consistent in what I've said, that it's a bad reflection on the posters. I'm not trying to stop anyone from using whatever language they wish, I just don't think it's helpful to your, and the others, argument in the debate. You could nearly say I'm trying to help you. And it's not just the language it's also the tone.
Anyway if you think there's nothing wrong then you should skip back a page or two and delete your comment,
" When you repeatedly refer to the GPA in this dispute, it gets a bit frustrating but you're right I shouldn't have used the term 'bullshit', so I apologize."
You mustn't have been thinking right there.

You termed it as abusive l;anguage, which, to most people at least, it is not. I've been posting here for a good few years now and I rarely use any type of foul language but your attempts to bring in the GPA without a shred of evidence was frustrating and I used the term BS, you seemed to take offence to it, so I apologized for using the term in the hope that we could keep things civil. But when I log back in your betrating other posters about mild forms of foul language again, either get on with the topic at hand or just ignore the language used, if you think it isn't helping a poster then fair enough, opinion noted. But I suspect your not for turning anyway so the language used is irrelevant in that respect.

QuoteBut answer me this why is the use of such language and tone coming very much in the main from people with a similar view to you?

If you think that you must not have read too many posts on this thread, the players have been referred to as 'malcontents', 'assholes', amongst others and been told to 'f**k off' so I'd say we have been quite constrained in fact.

orangeman

Zulu -

The CB and the delegates reckoned back in October that he was the man for the job - as recently as last night, they still say he's the man for the job. Mc Carthy says that he's not going to give in to player power and guess what - the delegates have backed him on this. The 2008 players have made allegations about Mc Carthy. I can't say whether they're true or not. At best I'd say the 2008 panel were putting their own selective spin on things. If they were true, yes there ought to have been an investigation into them - but seeing as most of them came in January at the height of this bitter dispute, I could be forgiven for thinking that the strikers were trying simply to further discredit the manager.

Are you in favour of so called player power ?

The GAA

Core of the issue, from zulu, for all those who really care....

why did the CCB, knowing the players views, appoint Gerald McCarthy as manager for 2009?

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2009, 10:23:09 AM
dowling give us a break, 'pissed off', 'shite', 'bullshit', we are all adults here I presume, if you as offended as you're letting on by those terms you mustn't get out much. They maybe mildly foul terms but they are far from abusive so just get over it and get on with it.

QuoteI'm sorry about what I said earlier - the GPA are involved in this strike - I thought they weren't but Dessie's timely intervention suggests otherwise.

Why not let the 2009 panel join ?

Nonsense, but not surprising, there are many lads posting here who would find something wrong with the GPA regardless of what they do or say. When I first heard about this i thought the Gpa were bang out of order but having seen the interview all Dessie said was that at this time they wouldn't because there are issues to resolve. Cork can't have two hurling squads as members of the GPA and even Gerald accepts there are two squads because after saying he was moving on without the 08 lads he about turned last night and said his door is still open to them. And if the 08 lads were to go back most of the current sqaud wouldn't wear a Cork jersey again, so it is perfectly sensible for Dessie to say what he said last night.

As regards last nights vote, if Cork clubs want to back the CB on this then fair enough, I think it is strange so many do, I think it is strange that 40 clubs abstained on such an important vote and I think last nights vote is further evidece of a flawed system in Cork. But as some lads point out that is teh system that's there and if Cork clubs don't have the balls or ability to run the GAA there properly then so be it.

However, as a GAA man I find it very sad and deeply regretable that GAA people on this site cannot see the wood from the trees. Not one of you has justified Geralds reappointment on any kind of logical ground. Therefore, like me you must believe that annoying the 08 squad was foremost in their (the CBs) thinking when reappointing him. That the men charged with the promotion of the GAA, one of them getting paid by us to do so, can act in a manner that ensures that 50-60 of the best hurlers and possibly 50-60 of the best footballers won't play for you then serious questions need asking

The logical ground is Zulu he was selected by the CB. Do you think anyone wanted Pat Gilroy in charge ? ( he was selected by 3 men, they didn't even ask the club delegates) The sub-management committee of 3 people selected to find a new manager didn't ask the delegates either. This isn't exclusive to Cork but people get on with things. If you think the current Dublin football squad were breaking out the champagne in November you're sadly mistaken. Jason Sherlock and Mickey Whelan weren't on speaking terms after 95-98 yet they've buried the hatchet. Why can't the Cork players?

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 11, 2009, 11:27:17 AM
Zulu -

The CB and the delegates reckoned back in October that he was the man for the job - as recently as last night, they still say he's the man for the job. Mc Carthy says that he's not going to give in to player power and guess what - the delegates have backed him on this. The 2008 players have made allegations about Mc Carthy. I can't say whether they're true or not. At best I'd say the 2008 panel were putting their own selective spin on things. If they were true, yes there ought to have been an investigation into them - but seeing as most of them came in January at the height of this bitter dispute, I could be forgiven for thinking that the strikers were trying simply to further discredit the manager.

Are you in favour of so called player power ?

Quote from: orangeman on February 09, 2009, 09:18:29 AM
GAA - You've got a history of abstentionism,

no i don't

GAA - come from a glorious a rich hurling tradition,

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

never spoken to any of those lads about this dispute

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

Its only you who says that i am intelligent - all the time actually.
why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

what the hell are you talking about?

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

now you really are making stuff up.

Is that a record for the most wrong assumptions and lies in the one post?

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 11, 2009, 11:27:36 AM
The logical ground is Zulu he was selected by the CB. Do you think anyone wanted Pat Gilroy in charge ? ( he was selected by 3 men, they didn't even ask the club delegates) The sub-management committee of 3 people selected to find a new manager didn't ask the delegates either. This isn't exclusive to Cork but people get on with things. If you think the current Dublin football squad were breaking out the champagne in November you're sadly mistaken. Jason Sherlock and Mickey Whelan weren't on speaking terms after 95-98 yet they've buried the hatchet. Why can't the Cork players?

but why do you think they appointed Gerald ?

orangeman

Last night showed that the people who count in Cork GAA have had a bellyful of the 2008 panel, lads who granted have brought glory to the jersey down the years - but when asked to choose last night between Mc Carthy and the strikers, they chose Mc Carthy - they can organise as many marches / meetings as they like - But Mc Carthy got a mandate last night to face down the strikers - and that's what he's going to do.

You can call the delegates cowards or whatever, but if the strikers had any sense they'd just walk away - but they're not going to. They'll train as usual, organise a few meetings here and there to try and pressurise the CB but their status as sporting heroes is quickly disappearing.

INDIANA

Thats who the county board wanted in charge, the players mighn't want him. But do you think the Dublin county board canvassed the Dublin players before the appointment of Gilroy?

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 11, 2009, 11:36:04 AM
Last night showed that the people who count in Cork GAA have had a bellyful of the 2008 panel, lads who granted have brought glory to the jersey down the years - but when asked to choose last night between Mc Carthy and the strikers, they chose Mc Carthy - they can organise as many marches / meetings as they like - But Mc Carthy got a mandate last night to face down the strikers - and that's what he's going to do.

You can call the delegates cowards or whatever, but if the strikers had any sense they'd just walk away - but they're not going to. They'll train as usual, organise a few meetings here and there to try and pressurise the CB but their status as sporting heroes is quickly disappearing.

no i don't

no i don't

GAA -  have met up with the strikers on a copule of occasions round the club ( which apparently has bestowed wonderous insight into the dispute - one side only of course )

GAA - so why don't you take a wee drive down there and solve it if you're that intelligent ?

why do you keep insisting on other people driving down and sorting out the problem?

GAA - Or maybe you'd just prefer to drive up and down the road past the field just like the eejit you made you of yourself before and are semingly quite prepared to do again ???

What you fail to realise is that the GAA in Cork and every other part of the country will continue

You'll have to point out where i even inferred that this would not be the case. making stuff up again? tut tut

just like it did when you and yours were going round talking to yourselves and kicking stones round the house when your club was playing.
But then again, what else can you say ? You were wrong then and you're wrong now.

You really should stop posting about me, read about the issues this thread relates to (rather than copying & pasting) and postr about the actual subject matter. if you can.

[/quote]

address these lies liar

Zulu

Quote from: INDIANA on February 11, 2009, 11:27:36 AM
Quote from: Zulu on February 11, 2009, 10:23:09 AM
dowling give us a break, 'pissed off', 'shite', 'bullshit', we are all adults here I presume, if you as offended as you're letting on by those terms you mustn't get out much. They maybe mildly foul terms but they are far from abusive so just get over it and get on with it.

QuoteI'm sorry about what I said earlier - the GPA are involved in this strike - I thought they weren't but Dessie's timely intervention suggests otherwise.

Why not let the 2009 panel join ?

Nonsense, but not surprising, there are many lads posting here who would find something wrong with the GPA regardless of what they do or say. When I first heard about this i thought the Gpa were bang out of order but having seen the interview all Dessie said was that at this time they wouldn't because there are issues to resolve. Cork can't have two hurling squads as members of the GPA and even Gerald accepts there are two squads because after saying he was moving on without the 08 lads he about turned last night and said his door is still open to them. And if the 08 lads were to go back most of the current sqaud wouldn't wear a Cork jersey again, so it is perfectly sensible for Dessie to say what he said last night.

As regards last nights vote, if Cork clubs want to back the CB on this then fair enough, I think it is strange so many do, I think it is strange that 40 clubs abstained on such an important vote and I think last nights vote is further evidece of a flawed system in Cork. But as some lads point out that is teh system that's there and if Cork clubs don't have the balls or ability to run the GAA there properly then so be it.

However, as a GAA man I find it very sad and deeply regretable that GAA people on this site cannot see the wood from the trees. Not one of you has justified Geralds reappointment on any kind of logical ground. Therefore, like me you must believe that annoying the 08 squad was foremost in their (the CBs) thinking when reappointing him. That the men charged with the promotion of the GAA, one of them getting paid by us to do so, can act in a manner that ensures that 50-60 of the best hurlers and possibly 50-60 of the best footballers won't play for you then serious questions need asking

Yes but Indiana, lets say the Pillar was up for reappointment and Sherlock and Whelan went to Harrington on behalf of the players and told him that Pillar wasn't up to  it and the players no longer got on with him would you think it would be logical to reappoint him? Especially when he hadn't produced the goods during his term.

QuoteZulu -

The CB and the delegates reckoned back in October that he was the man for the job - as recently as last night, they still say he's the man for the job. Mc Carthy says that he's not going to give in to player power and guess what - the delegates have backed him on this. The 2008 players have made allegations about Mc Carthy.

OM the players told the CB they couldn't work with Gerald and it was well known in Cork that relationships were strained over the two years, so I'll ask you once again, if you were a member of the 5 man CB delegation, would you have reappointed Gerald knowing the players didn't want him?

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 11, 2009, 11:36:26 AM
Thats who the county board wanted in charge, the players mighn't want him. But do you think the Dublin county board canvassed the Dublin players before the appointment of Gilroy?

Come on now, an educated guess - why do you think the CCB appointed McCarthy, knowing the payers thought he was a substandard coach?

orangeman

Do you want me to say that the CB only appointed Mc Carthy so that they could get back the players for going on 2 strikes and embarassing them, in the knowledge that Cork hurlers would be relegated from division 1 and go into the Christy Ring, bring shame to the whole of Cork GAA and the GAA in general, cause division and strife among families, clubs, GAA posters etc ????

That much I can't see. There's no way the CB wanted all of this. And the CB knew more than anybody what sort of lads they were dealing with - lads who had previously flexed their muscles on other occasions and won.

The GAA

address these lies liar

no i don't

no i don't