McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realrebel

wasnt he at the players press conference holding the mic for the players the other week
and is he best of buddies with donal og
wonder why he left it till now to quit?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
wasnt he at the players press conference holding the mic for the players the other week

Can we get this confirmed? If this is true, and I emphasise IF, then it puts an entirely different spin on matters
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Reillers

Quote from: dowling on February 10, 2009, 07:15:15 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 06:34:50 PM
If Martin Walsh was hedging his bets why does he give a big interview to 'da paper'? Maybe there's just a small chance that these are his legimately held views?

Everyone here is using everything to suit their argument. Martin Walsh damns the current set-up and the pro-players group on here say that this irrevocably proves their point. The anti-players element ignore it and say its just a man looking out for his own interests. Opinions are way too polorised on this issue for me to think there's going to be any positive outcome anytime soon.

Do people not appreciate that massive mistakes have been made by Gerald McCarthy, by Frank Murphy, by board delegates and by the 2008 panel? Nobody in this mess has a monopoly on righteousness

How many papers is he supposed to give interviews to?
On your last paragraph, the only person Martin Walsh openly lays any blame with is Gerald.
If his views have always been legitimate and so strong why did he not declare them earlier and avoid involvement with the present panel? Surely integrity would have dictated he be up front and walk away from the present management and panel.
No doubt Gerald McC will be feeling badly betrayed and rather Martin hadn't been there at all than to have behaved in this way.

So the GPA has raised its head! As Orangeman says it probably isn't involved though!

GAA just listened to that interview again and confirmed my earlier views. Haven't a link but you can listen to it on the Marian Finucane podcast on the RTE radio website.

Just heard the news about the GMcC and delegates meeting tonight. This will be interesting.

Nothing wil be interesting about tonight unless some miracle will happen either no vote will be taken or there will be an overwhelming vote in favor of whatever way FM votes.

And I love the way that ye question everything and anything that anyone says who comes out on side of the players, there most be an alternative motive or an excuse of sorts to explain it because there's no way that what he says could be true and genuine, Heavens no because then that would mean that some of ye were wrong and we couldn't have that now could we.
Some of ye took what the likes of Teddy McCarthy and Babs say as script but when something like that comes out on side of the players there most be an alternative motive for it.
Fair play to Martin Walsh for having the balls (something which couldn't be said for some of the CB) to come out and state what has been happening.

The interview on the radio was no doubt a build up of things that have been going on. Then for Gerald to say that there was no unhappiness within the squad in the second season and no one coming to him about training and such, is bullshit, we all know it. And then after saying otherwise before now turns around and says that Cathal O Reilly wasn't there to facilitate them at all.
He made it out that Donal Og was behind it all and such and it's obviously he got sick of the lies.

Reillers

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 08:35:51 PM

Can we get this confirmed? If this is true, and I emphasise IF, then it puts an entirely different spin on matters
It was said on the Echo and also a long with it a glowing report of the man himself by McCarthy. He has kept his tounge and continued to work with the 09 players and do his job brilliantly or whatever it is Gerald says. He says he's respect for Gerald and he's good friends with the likes of JOS.  I don't see how it would change things at all.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on February 10, 2009, 08:39:56 PM

It was said on the Echo and also a long with it a glowing report of the man himself by McCarthy. He has kept his tounge and continued to work with the 09 players and do his job brilliantly or whatever it is Gerald says. He says he's respect for Gerald and he's good friends with the likes of JOS.  I don't see how it would change things at all.

Well it kinda neutralises his comments so. But, and with all due respect, he is still only the kitman. It shows the vacuum that exists when his every word is being dissected
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

heffo

Reillers - can you confirm that he was present at the press conference holding players mic's?

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 10, 2009, 09:21:57 PM

Reillers - can you confirm that he was present at the press conference holding players mic's?
Well they said it on the Echo today..I'll see if I can find it..

realrebel

its on tonights echo there is even a picture of him holding up the players press release before it was released to the media
and he is smirking too in it

Reillers

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 10, 2009, 08:55:43 PM

Well it kinda neutralises his comments so. But, and with all due respect, he is still only the kitman. It shows the vacuum that exists when his every word is being dissected

Does it, he got on with the players as well as Gerald, you only had to read what Gerald said in the paper about him to see that. I don't see how him being there or not, throwing the mic around the place makes things any different.
His opinion is still the same, whether he was there or not, just well it confirms his opinions on the situation more. He obviously has them for a reason.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on February 10, 2009, 09:36:01 PM
its on tonights echo there is even a picture of him holding up the players press release before it was released to the media
and he is smirking too in it

Smiling for a picture..how dare he. ::) ::)

realrebel

there are reports coming in that the board fully back gerald and he stated is is going nowhere but he said the door is still open to any player who wants to come back

realrebel

Reillers

Reillers

Cork panel call meeting 'to decide what is to be done'

10/02/2009 - 18:54:45[/b]

The Cork Senior Hurling panel 2008 has tonight called for a meeting of club chairpersons to discuss the recent crisis.

A statement from the panel said the purpose of the gathering is to "ensure that the GAA clubs of Cork have a chance to obtain first-hand information as to the current difficulties so that they can brief their clubs and members accordingly."

The chairperson and one other club member of every hurling and/or football club in Co Cork can meet the players on Sunday, February 15 at the Maryborough House Hotel, Douglas, Cork at 7pm.

This, according to the statement, "will allow the clubs of Cork to decide what is to be done".

Attendees have been asked to ensure that they have personal and club I.D. available for inspection.

realrebel

a vote is now taking place by the delagates as weather they want to keep gerald on