McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 09, 2009, 07:18:59 PM
Want to make something up, sorry I mean a comment about the Jerry OSullivan bit?

what would you like me to say about jerry o'sullivan?

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on February 09, 2009, 10:04:07 PM
att GAA
here is what gerry o sulllivan wrote in yesterdays programne

the pedigree of our own bainisteoir gerald mccarthy is legendary and has been well documented.He along with his backroom team has experienced a difficult start to 2009 but in typical fashion he has given everything to the job(on and off the field) and continues to fulfil the task for which he was mandated.
He and his management team deserve the full support of all gaelic games followers in this most renowned of gaelic games counties.We wish him every succuess in his efforts to ensure the continuation of corks place at the top of the hurling tree.
Best wishes also to the players who have the honour and privelege of wearing the cork jersey today.

where do you make out Gaa that he supports the players
you have some sources there boy, is it a child by any chance

Given that you seem to have difficulty reading my posts i will reiterate what i said...
very clearly i said that sully is a fine chairman and does not let his personal position interfere with the office. he cannot let personal opinions come into his appointed role and very clearly must speak for all of the county board when speking for the office of chairman.
its an example some club delegates should follow - they are not mandated to give personal opinions either, but rather express the will of thir membership.

Integrity is a fast diminishing quality in the GAA as is amply demonstrated in this thread through people;'s determination to soil the personal lives and charachter of the players who, rightly or wrongly, are standing up for what they believe to be right.

realrebel

he said everybody should get behind gerald and the team
he said that not me, so your saying he says things he doesnt agree with is i
go back to your so called source who you wont name  to get proper information

RedandGreenSniper

I still think its hard to know what Jerry O'Sullivan's view is. He has to express his support in the programme.

What I'd be worried about is the 2008 players moving the goalposts. They said they would approach the chairmen of each club and try to get their support. According to Tatler, and I've no reason to doubt him, they clearly haven't done that yet. And Reillers is claiming that the march on Saturday was the only expression of support that's required. This thing has to be done via the club route and then through delegates. Often delegates would vote without a mandate because club's would not discuss county matters so it would be left to the delegates' judgement. This is to important. Each club has to have a meeting, put forward their suggestions and the delegates has to represent these views at the next meeting.
However going down the road where players and random fans, however well meaning, decide the issue is extremely, extremely dangerous for the GAA as a whole.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

realrebel

well put it this way as everyone on here says frank controls everything
do you think frank would have let gerry get elected if he knew he was against him
dont think so

Reillers

No one has as much power in the CB as the secetary.
And when you talk about O Sullivan, people talk about pressure..what most be beyond that incredibly akward and a tense situation..if you want pressure, look no further then the chairman himself and his two sons, especially Sully Og who is under the same roof. That most be beyond intense I'd say at times.

INDIANA

Gaa there are polarised opinions on this debate. soon enough you'll realise that.

Reillers

Oh and I never said, when (if) all this is finished with and if we get our normal panel back, there are a few players who have impressed, especially Barry Johnson he played well and showed a lot of confidence going up and taking that penalty.

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 10:21:35 PM
Want to make something up, sorry I mean a comment about the Jerry OSullivan bit?

GAA I just thought you might like to comment re the above . If you think it's beyond you that's fine. I wouldn't dare try to influence what you may wish to say or whether you should say anything at all. Just surprised if you didn't wish to make any comment although I understand you might not be able to answer every post if you're looking a 'get out''.

dowling

Reillers by the way I thought you might have sorted out things with that post rather than a mod doing it. Well done to the mod however.

dowling

Then again FM probably has the mods in his back pocket!

Tatler Jack

QuoteAnd you know they haven't? Again you have no proof to your allegations..yet here we are again

All I said Reilers was that they had not contacted our chairman and when I enquired from him and our CB delegate if other chairmen had been contacted they told me as far as they knew no chairman had been contacted. Thats fact Reillers and not an allegation. Will you stop this "no proof/allegation stuff that you continually you use to refute a point". And by the way the players did say they would disband as a group if they did not have the backing of clubs.

Do you think they should contact the club chairmen as they promised?

stephenite

A meeting between the 'disaffected' and the clubs is due to take place place this weekend - according to the Indo, so take that with a pinch of salt perhaps

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 10, 2009, 12:10:58 AM
Quote from: The GAA on February 09, 2009, 10:21:35 PM

GAA I just thought you might like to comment re the above . If you think it's beyond you that's fine. I wouldn't dare try to influence what you may wish to say or whether you should say anything at all. Just surprised if you didn't wish to make any comment although I understand you might not be able to answer every post if you're looking a 'get out''.

grow up and read my replies

orangeman