McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on February 08, 2009, 08:41:38 PM
i don't believe the ccb are all cowards. there are a fair sprinkling of good hurling men in there. problem is most of them are over a barrell and those who aren't, including sully, are not large enough in number.

get sully's personal opinion on the current situation and the ccb in general and most of you guys would be in for some shock!
[/quote

Is it possible to share his view here at all GAA ???

The GAA

That would be in the realm of speculation as i don't know the man on a personal basis but i know people close to him.

he's a very straight man and doesn't allow his personal views to colour the duties he's tasked with as county chairman.

Bud Wiser

QuoteOh, and despite what people who live on forums may presume, high post count does not equal high intellectual count.
:)

Nor does 7,000 or 8,000 marchers, if there were that many, equal the amount of people in the GAA who are sick and tired of Cork and this saga. The inevitable comment on another thread, that Dublin are not that great because they only won by nine points today says it all about the respect for the young lads trying to play.  The pro's were beaten by nine points in their last game by the Cat's playing the second half at half pace and after being being given a token goal with James McGarrys substitution don't forget.  They could have been beaten by 29 points.  Some of these strikers have more chance of ascending the steps up onto a 40' trailer like Saturday than they have of going up the steps of the Hogan again. 
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

realrebel

gaa
tell us what is sullys personal opinion because i know him personally
i like to hear it from you gaa

The GAA

Quote from: Bud Wiser on February 08, 2009, 08:51:07 PM
QuoteOh, and despite what people who live on forums may presume, high post count does not equal high intellectual count.

Nor does 7,000 or 8,000 marchers, if there were that many, equal the amount of people in the GAA who are sick and tired of Cork and this saga. The inevitable comment on another thread, that Dublin are not that great because they only won by nine points today says it all about the respect for the young lads trying to play.  The pro's were beaten by nine points in their last game by the Cat's playing the second half at half pace and after being being given a token goal with James McGarrys substitution don't forget.  They could have been beaten by 29 points.  Some of these strikers have more chance of ascending the steps up onto a 40' trailer like Saturday than they have of going up the steps of the Hogan again. 

Like a lot of posts on this thread, that post addresses none of the issues nor offers opinions on the difficulties.
what was the point?

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on February 08, 2009, 08:55:34 PM
gaa
tell us what is sullys personal opinion because i know him personally
i like to hear it from you gaa

well you should know it well then.

I doubt if you really know anyone's opinion judging by your posts on here. you bever seem to listen to anyone elses, preferring to blather on with sound bite rhetoric irrelevent to whatever the discussion is at the time but which you think makes a point.

realrebel

as a matter of fact i do know what he thinks
but your the one who came on here stating you knew what his opinions was
so lets hear it prove what you say
it should be interesting to say the least

The GAA

i've ansered that question already

Quote from: The GAA on February 08, 2009, 08:50:57 PM

That would be in the realm of speculation as i don't know the man on a personal basis but i know people close to him.

he's a very straight man and doesn't allow his personal views to colour the duties he's tasked with as county chairman.

i've preached to you guys often enough about speculatiion and not sourcing claims so it would be hypocritical of me to do the same.

realrebel

because you have no proof of what he thinks
PM me if you dont want to post it up here

The GAA

Quote from: realrebel on February 08, 2009, 09:09:05 PM
because you have no proof of what he thinks
PM me if you dont want to post it up here

obviously i have no proof - nor do you - how the feck would anyone pull that rabbit out of a hat?

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on February 08, 2009, 08:56:17 PM

Like a lot of posts on this thread, that post addresses none of the issues nor offers opinions on the difficulties.
what was the point?

thats just your opinion mate. You missed that point I see.

Bud Wiser

QuoteLike a lot of posts on this thread, that post addresses none of the issues nor offers opinions on the difficulties.
what was the point?

In a sentence, the point is that outside of Cork at this stage nobody gives a flying what happens or if they never come back and the second point is that some of them are not good enough, are past it, to come back anyway and from what I saw of their back lines at last years AI Semi-Final they were not at the races with Kilkenny in terms of basic man marking they should have learned at juvenile level.

Go back to your clubs and vote to change the county board - or not change it as may be the wish of the majority.

As an aside, was it the players or Gerald Mc that set out the ball training routine before the AI Semi?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

heffo

What was the turnout yesterday?

Irish Mail on Sunday claims 5k
RTE Claims 10k
Reillers claims 12k..

ExiledGael

The pro's were beaten by nine points in their last game by the Cat's playing the second half at half pace and after being being given a token goal with James McGarrys substitution don't forget.. 

I admit I have most sympathy with the players here, but a lot of the hatred on here for the strikers/stayaways/whatever comes from a hatred of all things GPA and player power without a real regard for the specifics of this case which are largely unknown still.
Presume you're talking about the All-Ireland semi-final defeat to Kilkenny last year? McGarry didn't feature at all against Cork from what I remember, he came on as a sub in the All-Ireland final against Waterford to concede a sloppy goal.
There's enough sticks to beat these guys without making stuff up.

realrebel

everyone is saying different numbers
a guard told me that they thought between 5000 and 7000
it depends on who your talking to i suppose