McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 08, 2009, 03:46:35 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 08, 2009, 03:32:35 PM
Will the strikers now walk away having failed to secure the support of either the clubs or the 'Cork hurling public'?

And how do you know they've haven't?

The strikers motion was crushed and the 'fans' were too busy worrying about the Six nations (source = Reillersland) to come out and support them

Walk away now please..

PS Reillers - are you finally admitting the players are now on strike?
The "strikers" motion wasn't crushed, unacceptable they have to go back and fix it to broad apparently.
And there was 12,000 people at the march yesterday which was a great number..that's 10,000 plus more then the people at the game now..so doesn't that mean the players have won?

dowling

Zulu, you and reillers make out the GPA is watching this from a distance like we in Ireland would watch coverage on the news of an earthquake in a far off land.

" The represent the IC players of Cork, so I'd imagine their concern is with them only and considering their remit that is entirely acceptable" you say Zulu. I presume you are referring to the 2008 panel in that so in what practical way would they be effecting their "concerns"?

Would you also be including the present hurling panel in that? But whether you are or not the same question apllies; in what practical way would they be effecting their concerns?
Cork have a number of players involved in a hurling match today, have the GPA any link at all to these IC players?

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 03:48:38 PM
Will the strikers now walk away having failed to secure the support of either the clubs or the 'Cork hurling public'?

The strikers motion was crushed and the 'fans' were too busy worrying about the Six nations (source = Reillersland) to come out and support them

Walk away now please..

The "strikers" motion wasn't crushed, unacceptable they have to go back and fix it to broad apparently.
And there was 12,000 people at the march yesterday which was a great number..that's 10,000 plus more then the people at the game now..so doesn't that mean the players have won?

There were two Cork 'fans' counted in Kiltoom last year for the NFL game between Roscommon & Cork and Dublin always outnumber Cork 'fans' in Cork so the 'fan' turnout is hardly a reliable baromoter.

heffo

Quote from: dowling on February 08, 2009, 03:50:13 PM
Zulu, you and reillers make out the GPA is watching this from a distance like we in Ireland would watch coverage on the news of an earthquake in a far off land.

" The represent the IC players of Cork, so I'd imagine their concern is with them only and considering their remit that is entirely acceptable" you say Zulu. I presume you are referring to the 2008 panel in that so in what practical way would they be effecting their "concerns"?

Would you also be including the present hurling panel in that? But whether you are or not the same question apllies; in what practical way would they be effecting their concerns?
Cork have a number of players involved in a hurling match today, have the GPA any link at all to these IC players?

I was speaking to someone senior in the GPA yesterday (In the ard comhairle section of Croker) about the dispute and he clarified that as the GPA are not recognised, they have no official role in the dispute and cannot enter it unless asked

Zulu

Heffo it wasn't 'crushed' it wasn't even voted on, it was voted out of order and can be resubmitted by Cloyne if they so wish. And considering that people have work and families, the size of Cork, the weather and other distractions I think 12,000 is an extremely big crowd. I strongly support the players but unless I was living in Cork city I wouldn't have gone, I'm sure there are many others like me.

QuoteI presume you are referring to the 2008 panel in that so in what practical way would they be effecting their "concerns"?

Sorry now but what does that mean?

You have to be a GPA member before they can represent your views, as far as I know none of the current panel are members, but I'm sure if they current panel remain as the Cork panel the GPA will be more than willing to represent them if they so wish.

The bottom line here is that the GPA aren't pulling the strings here, at least there is no evidence that they are so your attempts to drag them into it are simply ridiculous.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on February 08, 2009, 03:51:46 PM
Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 03:48:38 PM

Walk away now please..

There were two Cork 'fans' counted in Kiltoom last year for the NFL game between Roscommon & Cork and Dublin always outnumber Cork 'fans' in Cork so the 'fan' turnout is hardly a reliable baromoter.

Today was the day where pro McCarthy/09 fans to come out and have their point and voices heard..and there's about 2000 of them.
That's poor and says a lot. It was their chance to show up and they didn't.
They're loosing 4-10 to 1-11  with 6 or so to go (Cork had a penalty and Dublin had a penalty saved.) I cringe to see what'll happen agianst Tipp.

orangeman

How much were they charging into the march yesterday ??

Reillers

INDIANA

9 point win for dublin
4-14 to 1-14.

as regards strikes , marches etc who cares anymore? People are losing their jobs everyday of the week in this country at the moment, this is a hobby. The cork players would want to remember that sometime. Pathetic debates on national radio like yesterdays from all parties really bring home how silly this is. If oen of the Cork players was made unemployed tomorrow, then they would have a real problem.

Reillers

Maybe the CB should remember that as well. By your talk you'd swear it's all the players. The CB executives are paid for their job, they are a disgrace and unfit to do their job, anywhere else for any other job they'd be sacked. The players are fighting this on their own time, getting slated in the papers and still having to turn up to work. It's a lot harder for them to fight this as it is for the CB to get paid to fight it.

orangeman

Reillers - why don't you put yourself forward for one of these jobs and try and make change for the better as you see it ?

Zulu

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on February 08, 2009, 04:03:07 PM
Maybe the CB should remember that as well. By your talk you'd swear it's all the players. The CB executives are paid for their job, they are a disgrace and unfit to do their job, anywhere else for any other job they'd be sacked. The players are fighting this on their own time, getting slated in the papers and still having to turn up to work. It's a lot harder for them to fight this as it is for the CB to get paid to fight it.

sack the exectutives reillers. they signed a contract for their position. All you have to do is find where they aren't meeting their remit and sack them . the lack of will in Cork among the clubs is embarrassing. 4 lads on the team I train were made redundant on Friday. They now have to emigrate, thats the real world Reillers. You can't expect me to have any time for this ludricrous debate anymore. That debate on national radio is the most cringeworthy topic to have airtime with the country on its knees. I did this, and I did that and bla bla bla and no you didn't donal and yes you did gerald. Who the f*** cares anymore.

The GAA

Quote from: INDIANA on February 08, 2009, 04:18:18 PM

sack the exectutives reillers. they signed a contract for their position. All you have to do is find where they aren't meeting their remit and sack them . the lack of will in Cork among the clubs is embarrassing. 4 lads on the team I train were made redundant on Friday. They now have to emigrate, thats the real world Reillers. You can't expect me to have any time for this ludricrous debate anymore. That debate on national radio is the most cringeworthy topic to have airtime with the country on its knees. I did this, and I did that and bla bla bla and no you didn't donal and yes you did gerald. Who the f*** cares anymore.

well you keep posting anyway...

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on February 08, 2009, 04:18:18 PM

Sack the executives..when they signed a contract it was signed in cement. It's easy to say it, but I really don't think it's clicking with ye that it cannot be done.
It is embarrasing.
Don't lecture me on the real world and loosing jobs, people I know, members of my family and my friends have up and left to Australia, to Scotland. SO excuse me for looking for some light in this.
Who the hell do you think you are, you've no idea how any of this is affecting the rest of us and by your talk you sound no more like a D4 Dub who doesn't have time for GAA.
If you've no time for this, if you're too snobby for this, and you've no time go f**k off and do what you like. People are holding on to sport for their dear life, it's the only thing that is keeping some of us going.
People care because there's little left to hold on to and hurling is our light and always has been.
You're not the only one living in the real world Indiana so don't talk to me like I don't know, you've no idea.