McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Ok Reillers we're totally naive.

You're right - they're all thinking for themselves and no one person or group is orchestrating this campaign.

You're totally right.

And we hate the players strikers. So there you have it.

Happy ?

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on February 06, 2009, 09:52:57 AM
Ye two, I actually don't think either of ye care one bit about what's going on, about what the hurlers say, about what anyone backing them says. Ye both come on here for one reason and one reason only, to bitch and whinge and cry about the hurlers. It doesn't matter one bit what the real story is, ye just criticise them till the cows come home, ye pretend not to be biased when it's clear as day that ye both, especially OM, couldn't be more anti player.
The players have said it is not a one man ringleader or any ringleaders, ye don't believe them.
Everyone involved with the players have said the same, but do you believe them..no. Do you want to, not at all.

If the footballers just downed tools now it would have no affect really, could they have done it earlier ya, but this atleast has given the CB warning, so they can't turn around in a few weeks and go we didn't expect it.

The players said that they would disband if the FANS didn't back them, when asked how they would judge that and they said if they weren't back by the Championship basically.
They have no impact on what the footballers do and if ye try to suggest that one man has that much influence on 59 men then ye really are either that naive or that full of hatred because that's bullshit.

They all are their own men and are capable of making their own decisions.

Keep living in Reillersland mate its good for whatever walter mitty type universe you live in. I simply stated the facts that you know as well Reillers that a heavy defeat to tipp will mean a new management and that the statement by the footballers means about as much as a guarantee from Dell Trotter. As I said before I just hope the ringleaders won't be involved wwith any new squad. Thats my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You don't own monopoly of opinion here Reillers. If you want licence for that setup your own website but don't come whingeing here when others freely express their opinions. And its my opinion that I hope 5/6 of those players aren't seen in a Cork jersey again.

rrhf

I know Ive been hard on the Cork hurdles before now, and Im ready to lose interest on them,  but I think if reillers or zulu could answer me the following question Ill gladly set down my guns.
Will Donal Og insist on being carried to the soapbox in Emmet Stree tomorrow or will he walk himself? 

orangeman

If the footballers strike as well, both senior teams should be thrown out of all competitions for 2009.

If the footballers strike as well, both senior teams should be thrown out of all competitions for 2009.

Agreed, maybe thye will realise the world will keep turning without them. F*ckwits.

I would only throw the strikers out. Let the rest play and take hammerings if needed. Life must go on without them.

The GAA really need to step in and clear the panels out and county board if the find them they are guility of any wrongdoing.
They need to grab the bull by the horn and make it clear that they will not tolerate players striking or County Board officials over stepping their mark. 

The GAA

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on February 06, 2009, 10:57:46 AM

why would they?

surely the c or d teams will fulfill fixtures?

dowling

Quote from: The GAA on February 06, 2009, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 12:51:52 AM
The GPA factor has come into play.
What has th GPA got to do with this development?

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out GAA. I'm just glad someone else is asking as well now.

NAG

Are the cork footballers not a B C or D team as you look at it realistically anyway. So they could go on strike all they want for all their chances of winning an AI are anyway.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on February 06, 2009, 10:57:46 AM

Agreed, maybe thye will realise the world will keep turning without them. F*ckwits.

I would only throw the strikers out. Let the rest play and take hammerings if needed. Life must go on without them.

The GAA really need to step in and clear the panels out and county board if the find them they are guility of any wrongdoing.
They need to grab the bull by the horn and make it clear that they will not tolerate players striking or County Board officials over stepping their mark. 

These quotes aretaken from the footballing thread on the main GAA thread. Just another view to show that others actually do ho have another opinion.

dowling

I'd admit Reillers to being a sceptic but you have to weigh up all the elements. Now I've no direct evidence to show there isn't the unity that was professed by a number of the 2008 panel at the press conference but life experience, in GAA matters and otherwise, tells me that total agreement among such a large group of people is unheard of. Even in seeking agreement on the 'best idea ever' with the best of intentions there's alaways going to be at least one eejit who will disagree. The fact that Babs Keating among others doesn't believe that unity is total would strengthen the argument. Because you feel a certain loyalty to the 2008 panel prevents you from accepting things might be a liitle different to the way they're putting it across.
Take the press conerence; it must have been rehearsed and cheoreographed. And that being the case the panel must have practised what they would say in relation to what came up. There is absolutely no way people were talking off the cuff. So the press conference was as much a 'propaganda' exercise as it was to provide substance.
An individual from the panel stated there was no contact with the footballers, on radio this is, and then qualified his remark to say they did did meet and talk but not about what's going on or if the footballers might have a role in all this. Now I'm not that naive!
At the press conference the players put their destiny in the hands of the public. But now they are putting it in the hands of the footballers as well. How come?
There's no doubt the 2008 panel were caught on the hop, not so much by Gerald's refusal to go but by the fact that a new panel was assembled. Since then they have been trying to devise a strategy, one factor of which is their own training, to show how committed they are. Is the GPA involved in that strategy making?
And on the GPA, it's just blind refusal to believe that with leading members of the GPA involved in this dispute and going by the past history of the GPA that their involvement isn't greater than we know of yet. No doubt it will surface though. And in spite of their statement you have yet to acknowledge their role. But if you ever do, you need to ask yourself what the GPA would hope to achieve.
And by the way I don't believe everything from everyone. I've an opinion yes. I'd prefer not to see all this happening and while everyone may not be blameless the 2008 panel must shoulder the majority of blame for the divisions in Cork.
And what about the present panel, how do you think this is impacting on them?
So there you are, another few lines of bullshit. Can't ye just smell it?  

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 11:58:10 AM
Quote from: The GAA on February 06, 2009, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: dowling on February 06, 2009, 12:51:52 AM
The GPA factor has come into play.
What has th GPA got to do with this development?

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out GAA. I'm just glad someone else is asking as well now.

In short, you haven't a clue?

dowling

theskull1

It has his hallmarked short sarcy quip with a question mark at the end. Typical I would say.  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The GAA

ok, lets try this slowly....

you're response to learning of the cork footballers' statement and their intentions was that this was somehow the influence of the GPA ( :D)

I asked how you knew this and you said:

QuoteThat's exactly what I'm trying to find out

so you hadn't a clue really about the GPA's influence or otherwise andwere speculating wildly.

what response could be garnered other than that you hadn't a notion?

you pro frank lads are gonna have to stop making stuff up and citing pure fantasy as fact to try and keep a bit of credability here.