McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Why don't the strikers ( all of them ) and all the CB move on then ?? Get rid of them all if they're causing all the hassle.

Malone Aristocrat

Quote from: The GAA on February 03, 2009, 10:28:33 AM
Quote from: dowling on February 03, 2009, 12:19:47 AM
You're pumping maturity there GAA. What age are you?' What's so wrong with asking about regrets? Typical pro-strikers response there. If there's such unity among the 2008 panel why is all the talking being done by the GPA people? There's probably a lot of people who believe some of last year's panel - in spite of what was said at the press conference - are most definitely being influenced by others and in time might come to regret their present action. And those 2008 players' spokespersons talking of taking this issue wherever it has to go so to speak is very GPA-like and somewhat at odds with their press conference and maybe in time you'll regret doubting any GPA influence in this matter. But then no-one on this board has stated if they believe or not whether there has been GPA contact with the 2008 panel or greater involvent in this. Wouldn't be because they might regret calling it wrongly? Maybe if there was no GPA this matter would have been resolved before now.

That is possibly the most backward and irrelevent post today.

And that is saying something!

rrhf

I believe the cork hurlers and Gerald Mc Carthy  in the national league will be getting the support of all right thinking gaels throughout the land as they face down the lack of support from the bitches. 

Zulu

Quote"a pathological dislike of the IC players." ---- Fcuk sake thats a crock of shite.

Would you care to elaborate on why you think that is a crock of shite or are all your posts just nonsensical rants?

QuoteWould FM and the executive, including Jerry O'Sullivan prefer to see Cork losing ??

We can only speculate on the motives of others but if a group of players tell their CB they can't work with the last manager, if there has been a number of noteable bust ups during the year and if results are poor and you still reappoint that man without ever looking at alternatives, then yes IMO the CCB want Cork to lose. Nobody on this board has even proposed a logical alternative.

rrhf

"a pathological dislike of the IC players."
its an incorrect opinion incorrectly asserted as fact and agreed by the cheerleaders on here.  There is a few guys need to be ashamed of themselves on here. I know a guy on the CCB who has devoted his life to Cork and yet gets blackguarded with statements like that.     

theskull1

The bottom line is Zulu the players cannot be seen to win in this dispute because of the way the have conducted themselves. By that I mean mainly, the way the have collectively decided to strike rather than walk away whilst they hung around for all their demands to be met. I'll not dispute they may feel they have issues with the current structures, but the GAA cannot be seen to defer to such behaviour. From my point of view its as simple as that, regardless of the rights and wrongs in all of this. I do believe that they will have lit a fire cracker up the ass of the CCB that will stimulate them to do more thean they are to improve the way they run the GAA in Cork and that will be the legacy of this dispute. But for now the players cannot win.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Malone Aristocrat

I'd like o know what croke park are going to do about this malfunctioning and destructive cork county board. not only are they harming the image of the association (bringing it into disrepute) but they are actively discouraging participation and undermining the ideals of the GAA in cork.

FFS we're all part funding frank murphy's salary!

orangeman

There was a lovely picture of Donal Og training on Saturday in the Independent. Good to see the profile being kept up.

Zulu

Before you get too far up your ass rrhf, you have come on here and referred to the players as 'bitches', you have suggested they 'f**k off' and you have ranted about the GPA and when called on it, took it back in the very next post, which tells me you had no grounding whatsoever to post it in the first place. We all have our opinions and for the most part they are based on interpretation of the known evidence rather than based on 'facts', you don't know that FM and many CB members don't have a pathological dislike of the players anymore than I do. But when you look at the evidence, i.e. the attempt to change the right of the manager to pick his selectors and now reappointing an unsuccessful and unwanted manager, it seems to me the only logical motivation could be to get at the players.

Oh and by the way me saying that some CB members have a dislike of the players is a reasonable comment and not blackguarding in anyway, referring to players, who have also given a huge amount to the GAA, as bitches certainly is and if you want this discussion to remain a reasonable debate you might want to recognize the difference.

P.S. Malone Aristocrat brings up a very valid point, the players have been lambasted by some around here for the extra perks they get from being a GAA player, well FM actually gets paid to work for the GAA and he is clearly not doing that IMO, there are rights and wrongs on both sides but FM is the only man walking away with GAA money in his arse pocket every week that this issue drags on. In any other walk of life serious questions would be asked of this man but not, it seems, in the GAA.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on February 03, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
Before you get too far up your ass rrhf, you have come on here and referred to the players as 'bitches', you have suggested they 'f**k off' and you have ranted about the GPA and when called on it, took it back in the very next post, which tells me you had no grounding whatsoever to post it in the first place. We all have our opinions and for the most part they are based on interpretation of the known evidence rather than based on 'facts', you don't know that FM and many CB members don't have a pathological dislike of the players anymore than I do. But when you look at the evidence, i.e. the attempt to change the right of the manager to pick his selectors and now reappointing an unsuccessful and unwanted manager, it seems to me the only logical motivation could be to get at the players.

Oh and by the way me saying that some CB members have a dislike of the players is a reasonable comment and not blackguarding in anyway, referring to players, who have also given a huge amount to the GAA, as bitches certainly is and if you want this discussion to remain a reasonable debate you might want to recognize the difference.

P.S. Malone Aristocrat brings up a very valid point, the players have been lambasted by some around here for the extra perks they get from being a GAA player, well FM actually gets paid to work for the GAA and he is clearly not doing that IMO, there are rights and wrongs on both sides but FM is the only man walking away with GAA money in his arse pocket every week that this issue drags on. In any other walk of life serious questions would be asked of this man but not, it seems, in the GAA.

There was a good article by Kieran Shannon in the Tribune on Sunday where he referred to an unnamed senior county board official jumping with joy when Cloyne were beaten in the 2006 county final and Donal Og would not be captain - I assumed it to be FM - can anyone clarify? By pm if necessary..

NAG

I see this disease of 'Player Power' is spreading northwards into Offaly!

passedit

Quote from: theskull1 on February 03, 2009, 11:01:04 AM
The bottom line is Zulu the players cannot be seen to win in this dispute because of the way the have conducted themselves. By that I mean mainly, the way the have collectively decided to strike rather than walk away whilst they hung around for all their demands to be met. I'll not dispute they may feel they have issues with the current structures, but the GAA cannot be seen to defer to such behaviour. From my point of view its as simple as that, regardless of the rights and wrongs in all of this. I do believe that they will have lit a fire cracker up the ass of the CCB that will stimulate them to do more thean they are to improve the way they run the GAA in Cork and that will be the legacy of this dispute. But for now the players cannot win.

Why not Skull? What 'appalling vista' will this open up? If FM has deliberately sabotaged his county's chances of fulfilling it's potential for a generation out of petty malice, how can he be seen to win?

If the players were right in 2002 (which they were imo) they are right now and regardless of ultimate outcome of this dispute I admire them for their resolution. The fire cracker was lit in 2002 and FM slid into the long grass to wait his chance. Nothing will change if he wins here.
Don't Panic

AZOffaly

Looks like our footballers are getting in on the act now. Has anyone Sean Og's or Donal Og's number?

:D

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 03, 2009, 12:37:39 PM
Looks like our footballers are getting in on the act now. Has anyone Sean Og's or Donal Og's number?

:D

They've sent for him in Donegal - so wait your turn !!!!

rrhf

Now hold on there zulu, I havent changed my stance one bit.  Im glad to see you retract... 
you don't know that FM and many CB members don't have a pathological dislike of the players anymore than I do. -   Laughable twist in that one zulu.

Listen the players broke that seal of trust within a camp to tarnish Gerald Mc Carthy and leave him as the sacrificial lamb to get at Frank Murphy.  They have been bitching about Mc Carthy for much of the past few weeks and its because they want the head of Frank Murphy true or false.
Heres one for you - now please answer straight.... At what actual point do you deem a county hurling panellist to have risen above their remit, when do you deem them to be out of order?