McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

I originally asked the question about the"cork hurling public" as i didn't know who the feck they were and wanted those on the other side who were claiming them to define the description.

i haven't a clue who they are, nor apparently do those who claim that the hurlers have lost them

stephenite

Fair enough - but the hurlers claim they will disband if it is the wish of the Cork Hurling public. Now, to me, that's like saying we'll disband if the Mayo football public cure World hunger. It's an impossibility to quantify the public, if they had said we'll disband at the wishes of the Cork GAA membersip - then fine, take a vote of the whole shagging lot of them and move on.

Slithering sly wording in my view (and they accuse the CB and McCarthy of manipulating the public through the media) as it can't be quantified ergo they'll never have to disband as they've banked on HQ sorting it out before the championship.

stephenite

Actually not fair enough - who has claimed the hurlers have lost them? And even if there are some who have, what does that matter, the general public don't get to say what happens. Members of the GAA get to say what happens.

I couldn't give a f**k if 90,000 people march in favour of the former players, if 51% of them happen to be GAA members then they have the power to sort it all out.

Reillers

Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 30, 2009, 08:34:12 AM
reillers, back on page 160 I deleted a post I made based on newspaper reports that I had read.  Can you please delete yoiur reply.

Is that an apology so Bud? So you want me to delete a post where you viciuously attacked me without checking your facts again without a please thank your or sorry because it makes you look like a plank?..Good luck. ;) ;)

theskull1

Keane or Country?

I was with Keane.........but I was sooo much younger then  ;)

Re: The question about who the Cork hurling public are? Youre right GAA, nobody really has a clue who they are. So one wonders why the players "made it clear" to us that the would walk away if they didn't have their support?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Reillers on January 30, 2009, 12:47:57 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 30, 2009, 08:34:12 AM
reillers, back on page 160 I deleted a post I made based on newspaper reports that I had read.  Can you please delete yoiur reply.

Is that an apology so Bud? So you want me to delete a post where you viciuously attacked me without checking your facts again without a please thank your or sorry because it makes you look like a plank?..Good luck. ;) ;)

It'd be better if you took it down Reillers. The board could get in trouble for that kind of stuff and discussion could be suspended altogether. Leave whatever personal disagreements you and BudWiser have aside
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The GAA

Quote from: stephenite on January 30, 2009, 12:43:09 PM
Actually not fair enough - who has claimed the hurlers have lost them? And even if there are some who have, what does that matter, the general public don't get to say what happens. Members of the GAA get to say what happens.

I couldn't give a f**k if 90,000 people march in favour of the former players, if 51% of them happen to be GAA members then they have the power to sort it all out.

several anti hurlers posters have referred to the public being sick of them, not supporting them, etc. the most recent i quoted on the previous page:

Quote from: The GAA on January 30, 2009, 11:15:33 AM
Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 11:01:39 AM
1) In response to question 1 - who are the 'Cork hurling public' and why should the opinions of non-members of a membership based organisation like the GAA, matter a damn?

These people apparently:

Quote from: INDIANA on January 29, 2009, 10:50:31 PM
Its called due process Reillers and they decided to go on strike again rather than even explore the option of going through the clubs. A strike should be a last resort, not a first one. No-one on this messageboard alienated the players from the public, they did that by themselves. Thats the bottom line.

2) You don't know until you try - meet the officers in advance and do like a I suggested yesterday..

And you believe that has never been done?

sorry to be pedantic but

your maths doesn't add up

passedit

That's just bollox stephenite, there is only one man who has the power in Cork GAA and the reason he has it is because he has had over 35 years to consolidate it. People bleating about democratic process need to take their heads out of their holes. Cork GAA is a dictatorship that won't be changed by 'democratic means'.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Don't Panic

orangeman

Quote from: passedit on January 30, 2009, 01:31:27 PM

That's just bollox stephenite, there is only one man who has the power in Cork GAA and the reason he has it is because he has had over 35 years to consolidate it. People bleating about democratic process need to take their heads out of their holes. Cork GAA is a dictatorship that won't be changed by 'democratic means'.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

So would you advocate a coup d'etat or something similar in order to remove the dictator ?

INDIANA

Quote from: stephenite on January 30, 2009, 12:18:42 PM
1) In response to question 1 - who are the 'Cork hurling public' and why should the opinions of non-members of a membership based organisation like the GAA, matter a damn?

These people apparently:

Its called due process Reillers and they decided to go on strike again rather than even explore the option of going through the clubs. A strike should be a last resort, not a first one. No-one on this messageboard alienated the players from the public, they did that by themselves. Thats the bottom line.

Cop out - answer the question if you want an answer to your original question, who are the 'Cork Hurling public'?

cop-out on what exactly? I didn't ask the original question if you read the thread.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2009, 02:21:49 PM

These people apparently:

Cop out - answer the question if you want an answer to your original question, who are the 'Cork Hurling public'?

cop-out on what exactly? I didn't ask the original question if you read the thread.

'The GAA' started out being very pedantic but now he keeps getting the two of us mixed up..

theskull1

Bump

Re: The question about who the Cork hurling public are? Youre right GAA, nobody really has a clue who they are. So one wonders why the players "made it clear" to us that they would walk away if they didn't have their support? Strange isn't it?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on January 30, 2009, 02:24:49 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 30, 2009, 02:21:49 PM

These people apparently:

'The GAA' started out being very pedantic but now he keeps getting the two of us mixed up..

Eh, yu're mixing my good self and stephenite up...

The GAA

Quote from: theskull1 on January 30, 2009, 02:28:49 PM
Bump

Re: The question about who the Cork hurling public are? Youre right GAA, nobody really has a clue who they are. So one wonders why the players "made it clear" to us that they would walk away if they didn't have their support? Strange isn't it?

Indeed it is

orangeman

You'se are nearly as crooked as the strikers - but not quite !  ;)