McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Jesus ...what a gamble GAA. Club executives would always be very wary of pandering to player demands so how the players reckoned that clubs would/will weigh in behind their militant undemocratic behaviour is just crazy. They will be more concious of following the rules of the orginisation rather than worrying about the success of the county team. Those in charge of running the GAA throughout Cork will not pander to what will be seen as temper tantrums. If they cannot do their business in a respectful manner then they will always recieve short shrift from administrators of the game, independant of how convincing their arguments may or may not be

Their strategy is very reminiscent of the american invasion of iraq
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The GAA

Quote from: theskull1 on January 29, 2009, 03:33:50 PM
Jesus ...what a gamble GAA. Club executives would always be very wary of pandering to player demands so how the players reckoned that clubs would/will weigh in behind their militant undemocratic behaviour is just crazy. They will be more concious of following the rules of the orginisation rather than worrying about the success of the county team. Those in charge of running the GAA throughout Cork will not pander to what will be seen as temper tantrums. If they cannot do their business in a respectful manner then they will always recieve short shrift from administrators of the game, independant of how convincing their arguments may or may not be

what is undemocratic about their behaviour?

are they not doing what they believe to be for the good of cork GAA - leaving aside your hysterics for a minute.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 03:42:48 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on January 29, 2009, 03:33:50 PM

what is undemocratic about their behaviour?

They are on strike to effect change and reverse a decision that was reached democratically twice - once by the Cork mgt committee/Executive inclusive of players and again by the clubs of Cork.

I'd say that's pretty undemocratic...

The GAA

It cannot be "undemocratic" to decide not to volunteer to play a game

INDIANA

If they want to effect change GAA, do it by the correct channels. Similar to every other county. Had they attempted to do so 4 months ago, they'd be a lot further down the road and they wouldn't have pissed off the public as much as they have.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 03:46:11 PM

Have they made themselves unavailable for selection or are they on strike to reverse a democratic decision?

If it's the former why do they want to meet the officers of Cork GAA clubs?

passedit

Don't Panic

theskull1

100% agree. What has that got to do with all of this? If they'd have done that then no one would have any problem with their decision.

If everybody responded in the same way as the players, then the GAA would have ceased to exist a long time ago. Do the extrapolation yourself to understand the anarchy that would reign when such juvenile reactions are allowed to become part of the way of doing business.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

I'd agree with that assumption but then why bother going in front of the press with a tale of woe and a list of issues that the clubs in Cork need to sort out before you return.

You are either going to play under the democratically elected manager or you are not!

You can argue about the validity of that democracy or spirit of process until you are blue in the face but each individual player needs to make their own mind up and get on with it.

Frank may be a ****, Ger might be crap but that's what's on offer so it's make your mind up time IMO?

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 03:49:22 PM

Have they made themselves unavailable for selection or are they on strike to reverse a democratic decision?

They're still members of the association so surely are entitled to meet whoever will meet them.

noone has to play. you are nitpicking over a form of words that does not matter.

from what i can see they (and their predecessors) have been trying to address these issues through normal channels for ten years or more and have gotten nowhere.

The GAA

Quote from: theskull1 on January 29, 2009, 03:57:18 PM

100% agree. What has that got to do with all of this? If they'd have done that then no one would have any problem with their decision.

i answered a direct question with that. to find out why that is relevent you may ask the questioner sir.

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 03:57:51 PM

They're still members of the association so surely are entitled to meet whoever will meet them.

noone has to play. you are nitpicking over a form of words that does not matter.

from what i can see they (and their predecessors) have been trying to address these issues through normal channels for ten years or more and have gotten nowhere.

I don't anyone is nitpicking, but you're trying to flip-flop out of your assertion that their actions are in line with democracy and that they aren't on strike to effect change.

The GAA

Quote from: johnneycool on January 29, 2009, 03:57:31 PM

I'd agree with that assumption but then why bother going in front of the press with a tale of woe

Surely they were entitled to respond to the previous press release from the CCB directed at them and the one in which they were attacked by McCarthy? or maybe they shouldn't be allowed defend themselves?

why bother going in front of the press with a list of issues that the clubs in Cork need to sort out before you return.

I must have missed that bit - post the detail up there...

You are either going to play under the democratically elected manager or you are not!

i thought we were all in agreement that they are not... what's your point?

You can argue about the validity of that democracy or spirit of process until you are blue in the face but each individual player needs to make their own mind up and get on with it.

Frank may be a ****, Ger might be crap but that's what's on offer so it's make your mind up time IMO?

where's the ambiguity?

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 04:01:26 PM

I don't anyone is nitpicking, but you're trying to flip-flop out of your assertion that their actions are in line with democracy and that they aren't on strike to effect change.

notat all, but that does the word strike mean in an amateur organisation? nothing.

they play or they don't - cal it what you like

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 04:01:26 PM

notat all, but that does the word strike mean in an amateur organisation? nothing.

they play or they don't - cal it what you like

ok answer me this so:

Are they trying to effect change to reverse a democratic decision?

We won't use the word 'strike'..