McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dowling

heffo

Quote from: passedit on January 29, 2009, 11:53:48 AM
Quote10. You give back your sponsored car and the sponsorship launches dry up, but you've had a good innings.

That says all I need to Know about you.

Of course if anyone implied financial motives for others in this dispute there'd be outrage.

What you are alluding to has already been posted.

Did you read my post in full? What part don't you agree with?

The GAA

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 12:21:46 PM
Ok, why did you ask it in the first place?

because, despite your insinuations, anyone who thinks the GPA have anything whatsoever to do with this hasn't a clue about the the nature of the dispute.

i asked the question to establish as fact that you were a complete spoofer.

The GAA

Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 12:22:21 PM
Quote10. You give back your sponsored car and the sponsorship launches dry up, but you've had a good innings.

Of course if anyone implied financial motives for others in this dispute there'd be outrage.

In fairness Heffo, alluding to financial incentives on either side is scurrilous and inaccurate in this debate.

dowling

I never mentioned the word strongarm. Like you I'm asking questions, maybe there's a slight implication in them but instead of calling me a spoofer why not show how illogical they are?

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 12:31:44 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 29, 2009, 12:22:21 PM

In fairness Heffo, alluding to financial incentives on either side is scurrilous and inaccurate in this debate.

I didn't refer to the current packages that some senior members of the panel are on as an incentive, but it's an undeniable fact that it will diminish if they retire from ICCork hurling.

I'm sure that the finance side of things is not a motive for any of the players - but it still has to be commented on..

The GAA

The GAA

No dowling, you were making a statement

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 10:43:34 AM
So rather than just brushing remarks away give some logic as to why there would be no GPA influence here in spite of leading GPA members being involved. The players might be speaking with one voice now but  it's questionable if they are all of one mind.
What is hard to question though is that the path the players took last year and this mirrors threatened action of strikes and disruption of the GPA and the personalised attacks made on individuals who spoke out against that group.

But turned it into "questions" when you were challenged.

the problem with your "questions" are that the manner is about as far from a statement as if i asked...

"You're not seriously telling me Gerald McCarthy is fit to coach the Cork senior hurling team?"

If you have an agenda and wish to argue a line then make the argument and back it up with facts. If not, then stop trying to influence with innuendo. shite or get off the pot

johnneycool

if financial motives are what drives the 2008 group of players then surely the current course of action they've taken may well jeopardise that.
Surely they'd then have been better off sitting back and going with the flow for another year.

I don't think the issue of profile and any monetary gain or perks accruing from that is part of this issue.

dowling

Back to the insulting remarks and 'you don't know what you're talking about'. You're the one who implied I used a remark which I didn't and bore no comparison to any term I used. Have I to start doing this quote thing? What I wrote was,
"GAA I'm pointing out similarities between the players actions and behaviour with that of the GPA and asking how the GPA couldn't be involved in some way in the present dispute."
Now I have implied how the GPA might have an involvement in all this and I'm asking to be shown in some way how it isn't. Saying you're talking shite doesn't really count.
But even take a lesser view so to speak.
Do you believe there has been no contact between the players or the leaders of the group with the GPA from the beginning of this dispute?
Now I have to throw my hands up and say I'll occasionally use a word that isn't absolutely correct where it's being used so if you can bring yourself to overlook that and see the meaning intended in my posts it would be much appreciated.

The GAA

So you don't believe that the following post was implying GPA involvement in this saga?

Quote from: dowling on January 29, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
Who was the first player to decide 'McCarthy's not for us boys'?
And did everyone else then together say 'that's what I was thinking'?
Or did some have to have it pointed out to them and be convinced?
Did everyone turn up together at the same place at the same time coincidentally and all say the same thing or did one or some of the players arrange a meeting and an agenda?
Did everyone decide at the same time 'let's stop playing' or did one or more players propose this course of action and convince others to go along with it?
Should we believe the players just act like a shoal of fish or are there one or two leaders among them?
And if there are leaders who are they?
Were they at the front of the press conference or on the edges or at the back?
If it was the latter two was that to give the impression there were no leaders, just a group?
And if there are leaders among the players would they also be leaders in the GPA?
And if that were to be so are we to believe then that there is no GPA influence in this dispute?
Are we even expected to believe there's been no comunication between the GPA and the 2008 panel?

I'm staggered.

Why would anyone have to prove there was no involvement by the GPA?

By you logic, if there is a crime in a community it would be incumbant upon every member of that community to prove that they didn't do it!!

I blame Bertie. Is there any evidence that Bertie isn't behind all of this?

cornafean

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 12:30:09 PM
anyone who thinks the GPA have anything whatsoever to do with this hasn't a clue about the the nature of the dispute.

::)
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

passedit

Quote from: johnneycool on January 29, 2009, 01:16:04 PM

if financial motives are what drives the 2008 group of players then surely the current course of action they've taken may well jeopardise that.
Surely they'd then have been better off sitting back and going with the flow for another year.

I don't think the issue of profile and any monetary gain or perks accruing from that is part of this issue.

Exactly my point JC but this hasn't stopped the snide innuendo (see heffo's post). It appears the debate about who benefits financially from their association with Cork GAA extends only to the players.
Don't Panic

heffo

Quote from: The GAA on January 29, 2009, 12:43:47 PM

by "packages" do you mean sponsorship deals?

Package = overall financial incentive net sum involved in being a high profile successful player for a leading/high profile county (not confined to Cork) - Sponsored car, commercial sponsorships, all star trips with daily unvouched expenses, promotions in work where your job involves sales/meeting customers

dowling

Take it you would have a bit of difficulty answering then GAA.
Read what I wrote where I stated my questions implied possible involvement.