McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

realrebel

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 06:10:38 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2009, 05:33:41 PM
Haven't been following this Cork strike thing as I find it all a bit dull to be honest but reading the Indo today I read the story on the Cork players press conference.

Jesus that was some character assassination they did on Gerald McCarthy. Just about called him a senile old b**tard.

You would know if you had been following it that he has ripped the players down, lied about them, made up rumours leaked a document to make them look two faced..etc. The list goes on.
He's not as innocent as the papers made on and people are beggining to see this now.
Most of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

Like I said if you'd been involved in this for the start you'd know, and you'd also know that the press conference went over extremely well with the Cork fans, who many say afterwards have never been so proud of them, reminded why they're heroes, not men but giants..etc.

I thought it was pretty poor form to be honest. Revealing private discussions like that and as I said a real character assassination that only had one purpose. To paint him in as bad a light as possible.

Reillers

Reillers

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2009, 06:53:23 PM
Haven't been following this Cork strike thing as I find it all a bit dull to be honest but reading the Indo today I read the story on the Cork players press conference.

Jesus that was some character assassination they did on Gerald McCarthy. Just about called him a senile old b**tard.

You would know if you had been following it that he has ripped the players down, lied about them, made up rumours leaked a document to make them look two faced..etc. The list goes on.
He's not as innocent as the papers made on and people are beggining to see this now.
Most of the public are now behind the players in Cork. 90% voted in favour today on Neil Prendeville show.

Like I said if you'd been involved in this for the start you'd know, and you'd also know that the press conference went over extremely well with the Cork fans, who many say afterwards have never been so proud of them, reminded why they're heroes, not men but giants..etc.

I thought it was pretty poor form to be honest. Revealing private discussions like that and as I said a real character assassination that only had one purpose. To paint him in as bad a light as possible.

Poor form revealing private discussions like..Gerald did?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Reillers on January 28, 2009, 06:57:03 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 28, 2009, 06:53:23 PM

Poor form revealing private discussions like..Gerald did?

I don't know what he did but what I read in the paper today was pretty distasteful stuff either way.

realrebel

reillers
the fact is both sides have done wrong and you know it
so please stop coming on here and keep bringing up the trust factor
because its a fact the players lies too so its not all one sided

realrebel

galwaybayboy
what reillers is trying to say is that gerald said the players were been pressured by the older players not to play
the players came out the other night and said this did not happen
as the players said then reillers thinks it must be true and because gerald said otherwise hes a liar
i will leave you to make your own mind up bout that

heffo

Be damned with the clubs and the GAA members - lets let the listeners of the Neil Prendeville show decide GAA policy in Cork..

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 28, 2009, 07:06:06 PM
galwaybayboy
what reillers is trying to say is that gerald said the players were been pressured by the older players not to play
the players came out the other night and said this did not happen
as the players said then reillers thinks it must be true and because gerald said otherwise hes a liar
i will leave you to make your own mind up bout that

Well what Gerald says is rock solid when it comes to you so don't talk to me about being one sided.

realrebel

did anyone see the comments kevin canty made about gerald about him been in hospital
what a laugh  ;D ;D ;D

Kerry Mike

just started reading the full statement there. But reading this bit turned me off
Quotewe as the leading County in the G.A.A.

how does this line up with the facts.

Kerry - 35 Senior Football All Irelands
Cork - 6 :D Senior Football All Irelands - last Won in 1990  :D  :D 

Football National league last won in 1999
Minor fooball All Ireland last won in 2000
U21 Football All Ireland last won in 2007

Kilkenny - 31 Senior Hurling All Irelands
Cork - 30 Senior Hurling All Irelands - last won in 2005

Hurling National league last won in 1998
Minor Hurling All Ireland last won in 2001
U21 Hurling All Ireland last won in 1998

Or maybe road bowling, talking shite about how great they are/were, and going on striike all count as real sports on leeside in the real capital like.

You gotta laugh at those Langers, they provide so much fun to us all but yerra its shortens the winter.

Anyone notice all the 2008 panel lined up t'other night in matching official gear, with sponsored o2 logos on, now if I was on strike I would not be promoting the organisation I was on strike with or their main sponsors, it looked stupid. I'm sure there must be some agreement about the use of official gear.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 28, 2009, 08:54:07 PM
just started reading the full statement there. But reading this bit turned me off
Quotewe as the leading County in the G.A.A.

how does this line up with the facts.

I imagine they are probably counting all U-21's, minors, intermediate, junior and cumann na bunscoil titles as well. ;D

But yeah that bit did make me laugh when I read it. Those lads have high opinions of themselves.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 28, 2009, 08:47:55 PM
did anyone see the comments kevin canty made about gerald about him been in hospital
what a laugh  ;D ;D ;D

The fact that it took Gerald a while to realise Canty was missing is what pissed me off.

And all of that adding up together with the rest of what the players said, what was the man doing exactly, did he know his team at all, did he even try....by the sounds of it..

Eoghan Mag

The land mass of Cork is bigger than any other county therefore they must be the leading GAA county! ;)