McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Didn't really learn anything new, to effect change they need to go to the clubs something they should have realised long ago. They won't beat kilkenny sitting at home, playing careers are short enough .why waste a year? From their point of view their stance has achieved absolutely nothing. At least in 2002 it did, this time they badly miscalculated things.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on January 26, 2009, 10:18:18 PM
Didn't really learn anything new, to effect change they need to go to the clubs something they should have realised long ago. They won't beat kilkenny sitting at home, playing careers are short enough .why waste a year? From their point of view their stance has achieved absolutely nothing. At least in 2002 it did, this time they badly miscalculated things.

If they'd been reading this thread for the last few months they could've had all this sorted by now - they could've brought a motion to the CCB convention and not lose a years hurling..

orangeman

I was waiting on this for a few days, thinking that we'd have new revelations - but truthfully we got nothing only a 10 page litany of how sick the CB are, how powerful Frank is and how they don't rate Mc Carthy.

I was waiting for them to disprove the CB / Mc Carthy and to give a legitimate reason why the CB / Mc Carthy shouls have held on for that meeting - it has now left me thinking that the CB / Mc Carthy were in fact dead right to move on as clearly the 2008 panel had never any intention of meeting and were trying to run Kelleher and everybody around.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on January 26, 2009, 10:16:24 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 10:14:55 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 26, 2009, 10:05:58 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 09:59:17 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 26, 2009, 09:56:42 PM
QuoteSully has been training with Highfield for months.  Cummins balls which a lot of teams play with

Cummins Balls are not legal/accepted/within the rules/ whatever way you like to put it, in intercounty championship matches.  You know that (if you don't you should) and I know that, but most importantly Cusack knew that and yet, on several occasions during important games Cork tried to switch balls.  By the time ye win another All-Ireland after the trouble this team has caused ye will be looking to play with aluminium hurls with laser guidance beams on them to be accepted.

They were when they used them, Babs threw a fit at one of the matches, but they were legal up to last season.

That's 100% bullshit.

There was an independent sliothar exercise carried out in 2003 by DCU (commisioned by Croke park) and it was decided that only O'Neills sliothars were to be used in championship games.

That is fact.

Stuffing an illegal ball down your shorts to gain an unfair advantage is not what the 2008 panel would refer to as 'the spirit of the agreement'..

they were providing Cummins sliotars in 06 match, a bag of O Neills and a bag of Cummins for each goals.

Who was providing these?

They were the official balls, a bag of O Neills and a bag of Cummins in each goal.

realrebel

did ye see the photos of them all lined a lot of the young fellas had their heads down
what does that say?
reillers seanie tonight when asked about the pressure of the younger fellas did not deny it was going on
what do u make of that then
more lies i suppose
donal og showed everyone what he is really like tonight didnt do himself any favours he did not compose himself at all

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2009, 10:35:20 PM

I was waiting on this for a few days, thinking that we'd have new revelations - but truthfully we got nothing only a 10 page litany of how sick the CB are, how powerful Frank is and how they don't rate Mc Carthy.

I was waiting for them to disprove the CB / Mc Carthy and to give a legitimate reason why the CB / Mc Carthy shouls have held on for that meeting - it has now left me thinking that the CB / Mc Carthy were in fact dead right to move on as clearly the 2008 panel had never any intention of meeting and were trying to run Kelleher and everybody around.

I think it doesn't mean much to ye, but to every person I know, every Cork man I've talked to tonight have said they were proud to be Corkmen, the players handled themselves well tonight and were dead right in what they said. It was a good, clear, honest statement.

Remember what ye might find annoying remember this was targeted to Cork fans and most of them (with the exception of one or two like RealRebel) have massive sympathy for these players and they spoke the truth, the hard cold honest truth that most Cork fans know and aknowledge, well the ones who have half a clue anyway, and some of the stuff they said in these statements was powerful stuff.

It was Cork public listening to the Cork players, the heroes who have given us so much gave a very good speech, in which they said that if they didn't have our backing they would disband. They are counting on us and the clubs to act. There are plans to boycott the League games and there's something rumbling down the footballers way. The Cb have their first meeting tomorrow, what has said shouldn't be ignored (though no doubt the response will probably be that it all was elected in a democratical way..etc..bullshit basically.)
Times need changing and the players made it clear tonight that they want the best of us, for hurling, and that Cork wants, needs the change.

Well done players, I was proud to be a Corkman tonight.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 26, 2009, 10:56:28 PM
did ye see the photos of them all lined a lot of the young fellas had their heads down
what does that say?
reillers seanie tonight when asked about the pressure of the younger fellas did not deny it was going on
what do u make of that then
more lies i suppose
donal og showed everyone what he is really like tonight didnt do himself any favours he did not compose himself at all

I give up Realrebel I really do, are you part of the CB or something?
Heads down, in one photo..wow.
They said, actually Naughton said that no pressure was being put on the young lads and that they found it insulting that people think they''re being led by a few players.
What did he to make you hate him more now. FFS. Are you on the CB because looking at your view on it all it now seems more and more likely that you could be, your attitude shaddows them.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 10:59:15 PM

I think it doesn't mean much to ye, but to every person I know, every Cork man I've talked to tonight have said they were proud to be Corkmen, the players handled themselves well tonight and were dead right in what they said. It was a good, clear, honest statement.

Remember what ye might find annoying remember this was targeted to Cork fans and most of them (with the exception of one or two like RealRebel) have massive sympathy for these players and they spoke the truth, the hard cold honest truth that most Cork fans know and aknowledge, well the ones who have half a clue anyway, and some of the stuff they said in these statements was powerful stuff.

It was Cork public listening to the Cork players, the heroes who have given us so much gave a very good speech, in which they said that if they didn't have our backing they would disband. They are counting on us and the clubs to act. There are plans to boycott the League games and there's something rumbling down the footballers way. The Cb have their first meeting tomorrow, what has said shouldn't be ignored (though no doubt the response will probably be that it all was elected in a democratical way..etc..bullshit basically.)
Times need changing and the players made it clear tonight that they want the best of us, for hurling, and that Cork wants, needs the change.

That's very Obamaesque Reillers - YES CORK CAN !!

One question Reillers and one observation :

Question : Why BOYCOTT the National League matches ? Why ?

OBSERVATION : Had the striking players tonight taken the opportunity to tell the Cork public to go out and support the young lads, I think their cause would have been advanced more in this one small statement than all of the statements / goings on as past 3 months. The Cork GAA public would have given them huge respect for this gesture and it would have shown that the young lads who are the future, do well.

realrebel

reillers
i can say the same thing for you are you on the panel
just because naughton says it does not mean its true they have been well rehearshed of what to say
and no im not on the ccb if i was i would ban the lot of them from playing for cork for life
they are a disgrace to our county

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 26, 2009, 11:11:40 PM
reillers
i can say the same thing for you are you on the panel
just because naughton says it does not mean its true they have been well rehearshed of what to say
and no im not on the ccb if i was i would ban the lot of them from playing for cork for life
they are a disgrace to our county

I share the same view that a lot of Cork people do. You you don't, you have the views of the CB, which makes me question a few things. It's a fossil view, like the CB's.

So what would you need to hear to believe that they're not being pressured. The players have said it, including the younger ones and people who are involved with the players have said the same. The only people who have been saying otherwise are the CB/McCarthy who seem to enjoy stirring crap.
So what do you need to hear before you believe it?

They are a disgrace??..
And Frank Murphy isn't? The man is a disgrace to everything that is Cork GAA. His petty disputes, all the strikes, everything, at the root of the problem is home. THe players hit home some truths tonight and they were dead right. The players are doing what they think are right, Murphy and co are doing whatever the hell they want to get revenge. A feckin disgrace if ever I've seen one.

And you will be on your own (if you go to Cork matches) with maybe a few dozen because fans will be voting with their feets and will stay away.

orangeman

REILLERS :

OBSERVATION : Had the striking players tonight taken the opportunity to tell the Cork public to go out and support the young lads, I think their cause would have been advanced more in this one small statement than all of the statements / goings on as past 3 months. The Cork GAA public would have given them huge respect for this gesture and it would have shown that the young lads who are the future, do well.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2009, 11:09:42 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 26, 2009, 10:59:15 PM

That's very Obamaesque Reillers - YES CORK CAN !!

One question Reillers and one observation :

Boycott. People are staying they'll stay away from the matches if Gerald is still involved. The fans can make their point with their feet. Silence in the stands a deadly weapon.
The Cork players said that they don't hold it against anyone who plays in the 09 squad or if players go back.
And they've said that they will disband if the public wont back them..that alone gets a lot of respect.
A lot of what they've said is excellent, well planed and well written and the players came across very well.

orangeman

Saying that they won't hold it against them is one thing - had they gone further and said that they would actively support the young lads would have won over a lot of people who are sitting on the fence in my opinion.

Boycotting the young lads is wrong - surely they need your support instead of an empty stand ?

INDIANA

So you're finally admitting those of us who suggested the club route months ago have been right all along? Makes the whole look like something in the West End really on that basis.

cicfada

The clubs decided to try the mediation process in the convention. As a delegate I did not vote for it but I accepted it becasue the majority of the club delegates wanted to try it! The players did not engage in this process  however giving excuses, Mc Carthy, then teddy etc etc! So they didn't accept the will of the democratic wishes of the clubs that night so what evidence is there to believe that they will do so now? no mention of this process at all in the statement!   It really looks like that the players would only be happy if they were in the majority in a voting situation or at least have the same amount of votes as board members judging by this part of the statement:

"In good faith, our representatives took part in a number of meetings on behalf of the panel, until it became clear that there was no process really involved. The Board executive clearly viewed it as a vote, in which they would always have a majority. This was obviously not a "process" by any interpretation of the word."

Again why did the players not offer alternatives and why did they not raise objections to Mc Carthy in the first meeting and have it on the record straight away?  It was inevitable  that there would be a vote at the end of the meetings process, that's the chance they took when when they signed up to the arbitration process! As ga said himself they are to blame as well! Very depressing time to be involved in coaching of young lads in Cork.