McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 10:20:03 AM

What do the players want? start back at page one in this thread.

my understanding is that the players wanted a transparent interview and appointment process for a new manager - for there was no manager in place from the end of last season. the players did not want mccarthy back, voted overwhelmingly to this effect and communicated this to the county board through their reps at the preliminary meeting to start the process of appointing a new manager. the ccb proceeded to ignore those representations along with pleas for a process of nomination and investigation into candidates before deciding upon who was the best man for the job. they simply reappointed McCarthy.

i'm sure everyone is aware of this as its months old info.

The players did not want McCarthy back. With this group of players are you saying that we should assume that all the problems/difficulties/defeats were all down to the manager? Others will have the opinion that the ego inflated, overly opinionated  players never allowed the manager who knows his own mind, the opertunity to get the best from a group of players as he would want to. There are different ways of interpreting where the problems lay. Obviously the CCB thought that the players were to blame for the way that relations between the manager and themselves went sour during the season and as a result G McC didn't get a fair crack of the whip.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The GAA

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2009, 10:47:57 AM
And don't you bother your arse posting if you all you can do is assume something !!!

what in the good lord's name does that mean?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 11:37:11 AM
Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2009, 10:47:57 AM
And don't you bother your arse posting if you all you can do is assume something !!!

what in the good lord's name does that mean?

Read the posts.

The GAA

That the sort of nonsense post that gives you the status on this board that you have

The GAA

Quote from: johnneycool on January 07, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 10:47:09 AM

Start on page one johnny. its been one to death at this stage

don't worry GAA, i've been on this topic from the start and asides from complaints about slow trainig drills, Timmy McCarthy's club name, the wrong sandwiches at a waterford crystal game and the biggie, giving off to Donal O'g for using a short puck out which resulted in a point for the opposition I haven't heard of any other disturbing stories which if only half true would scare you.

Can you bullet point them for me please?

P.S. I'd like to believe the players are doing it for the right reasons but I don't think any of the above is suffice to justify what has happened since.

The stories of poor management are well documented Johnny. i haven't the time for reading through everything unfortunately.

What is undeniable is that the players regard McCarthy as a very poor manager and a worse trainer. Whether thats true or not - and i suspect it is as not a single current or past player has come out to say otherewise during all of this - the players believe that and have always done so. they considered moving on it early last year but thought it would be more disruptive than it'd be worth.

If you are a player at that level of sport and feel that poor management, leadership and direction is holding you back and achieving your best then you owe it to yourself to act, do you not?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 11:48:15 AM

That the sort of nonsense post that gives you the status on this board that you have

;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 11:51:07 AM

Quote from: johnneycool on January 07, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 10:47:09 AM

Start on page one johnny. its been one to death at this stage

don't worry GAA, i've been on this topic from the start and asides from complaints about slow trainig drills, Timmy McCarthy's club name, the wrong sandwiches at a waterford crystal game and the biggie, giving off to Donal O'g for using a short puck out which resulted in a point for the opposition I haven't heard of any other disturbing stories which if only half true would scare you.

Can you bullet point them for me please?

P.S. I'd like to believe the players are doing it for the right reasons but I don't think any of the above is suffice to justify what has happened since.

The stories of poor management are well documented Johnny. i haven't the time for reading through everything unfortunately.

What is undeniable is that the players regard McCarthy as a very poor manager and a worse trainer. Whether thats true or not - and i suspect it is as not a single current or past player has come out to say otherewise during all of this - the players believe that and have always done so. they considered moving on it early last year but thought it would be more disruptive than it'd be worth.

If you are a player at that level of sport and feel that poor management, leadership and direction is holding you back and achieving your best then you owe it to yourself to act, do you not?

The stories of poor management are NOT well documented - show me where they're at.

Secondly not all players feel the same way - some players now want to go back but arebeing prevented from doing so as the leaders have said that they MUST stick together and cannot break rank. What about the O'Sullivans ?

The GAA

Are you that much of an empty vessel that you can't remember the newspaper articles that yourself and skull dismissed as biased by humphreys et al documenting examples of mixing his own players and clubs up, poor training sessions, poor man management, etc?

Intercounty players of the highest calibre are convinced that McCarthy is substandard. Orangeman doesn't thik so. i know who i believe.

Just out of interest, how do you know that players are being prevented from returning to the panel?

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 12:02:22 PM

Are you that much of an empty vessel that you can't remember the newspaper articles that yourself and skull dismissed as biased by humphreys et al documenting examples of mixing his own players and clubs up, poor training sessions, poor man management, etc?

Intercounty players of the highest calibre are convinced that McCarthy is substandard. Orangeman doesn't thik so. i know who i believe.

Just out of interest, how do you know that players are being prevented from returning to the panel?

How did Humphreys know what the training was like ? Who was taking the training ?

Intercounty players pf the highest calibre last year fired a man who never even got to take a training session to see whether he was any good or not.

I think you'll concede that there's more to the strike than their opinion of the manager.

I'm told by sources down there and Reillers has previously alluded to this, that there are players who would like to have returned or who would like to return at various different at different times. Pro player posters have said there is 100% agreement to remain on strike but that isn't true. In all disputes, there are different sides who have different opinions. You know that players will say one thing on a room as a group and go outside and say something completely different - that's just human nature.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on January 07, 2009, 12:14:37 PM

How did Humphreys know what the training was like ? Who was taking the training ?

Intercounty players pf the highest calibre last year fired a man who never even got to take a training session to see whether he was any good or not.

I think you'll concede that there's more to the strike than their opinion of the manager.

I'm told by sources down there and Reillers has previously alluded to this, that there are players who would like to have returned or who would like to return at various different at different times.

I was told on Saturday by a senior Waterford hurler who would be friendly with some of the Cork panel that this is true.

The GAA

You'd need to ask Humphreys.

They knew he was no good by doing their research (ccb didn't bother their hole doing this) and some of them had played under him before

There is more baggage but thats obviously what has started the dispute

i wouldn't condone preventing lads returning if they wanted but ihaven't seen any evidence of it

Reillers

I'm told by sources down there and Reillers has previously alluded to this, that there are players who would like to have returned or who would like to return at various different at different times. Pro player posters have said there is 100% agreement to remain on strike but that isn't true. In all disputes, there are different sides who have different opinions. You know that players will say one thing on a room as a group and go outside and say something completely different - that's just human nature.

Why the hell do you continue to ask questions like how did Humphreys know, how the hell are we supposed to know how Humphreys no.
I'm sorry but your "source" has to be the biggest bullshit story on here. You come out with the most random ridiculous things that can't be true, that we know aren't true. ANd you know nothing of the players, career wise or anything really.
You ask questions about stupid things that have been hashed and rehashed here, questions that any so called "well informed" person would know. Questions why they didn't want to be outnumbered by in the meeting. Which is blatantly obvious why to anyone with half a brain, not to mention someone who like I said was supposedly "well informed."
Cut the bull.
And McCarthy lost and I have this on pretty much 100% fact, that the players, especially the younger lads who weren't sure, he lost them the second he leaked the document.
In this Cork team, it might be hard to understand but they are that close that when they go for something they do it together.

And I can see that Cork players who are apparently friendly with the Waterford players would tell them and no one else.  :-\  ::)

orangeman

Quote from: The GAA on January 07, 2009, 12:25:51 PM
You'd need to ask Humphreys.

They knew he was no good by doing their research (ccb didn't bother their hole doing this) and some of them had played under him before

There is more baggage but thats obviously what has started the dispute

i wouldn't condone preventing lads returning if they wanted but ihaven't seen any evidence of it

Like you I can't say that it's 100% but I could quote a newpaper article to back up my claims - but as I say it's not 100%.

Reillers seems to think that pretty much 100% = 100% - Reillers it doesn't and anything I say on here can't be taken as gospel just like your claims can't be taken as 100% either much as you would like to think that you are 100% on everything.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on January 07, 2009, 12:45:42 PM

Why the hell do you continue to ask questions like how did Humphreys know, how the hell are we supposed to know how Humphreys no.
I'm sorry but your "source" has to be the biggest bullshit story on here. You come out with the most random ridiculous things that can't be true, that we know aren't true. ANd you know nothing of the players, career wise or anything really.
You ask questions about stupid things that have been hashed and rehashed here, questions that any so called "well informed" person would know. Questions why they didn't want to be outnumbered by in the meeting. Which is blatantly obvious why to anyone with half a brain, not to mention someone who like I said was supposedly "well informed."
Cut the bull.
And McCarthy lost and I have this on pretty much 100% fact, that the players, especially the younger lads who weren't sure, he lost them the second he leaked the document.
In this Cork team, it might be hard to understand but they are that close that when they go for something they do it together.

And I can see that Cork players who are apparently friendly with the Waterford players would tell them and no one else.  :-\  ::)

Jesus Reillers - I'd love to live in Reillersland  - everything would be so, so simple - so black and white where every citizen tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and all outsiders are liars and their claims simply can't be true.

Reillers

How about you reply instead of trying to belittle me. Stop ignoring the post for once. And yet again who ignore a whole post and highlight it and like I said blabber on and on and on.