McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 04, 2009, 10:11:17 PM
why do u keep quoting other peoples lines can u not think of anything to say yourself
well if ur him who are ya coz ur not under reillers that means ur under a different name so u are lying

I'm not him for the 100th time and I'd be the first to admit that people can phrase things better then me. I see something I agree with.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Reillers on January 04, 2009, 09:20:47 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 04, 2009, 08:50:37 PM
QuoteOf course it was, a PR stunt, the only thing that the CB are good at.

This was a motion from the floor and it was clear  the executive were not that anxious to put it to the covention. It was carried by a large majority. Cannot see how it was meant as a PR stunt. I saw on delegate voting for it who earlier had been very critical of the executive.

Oh they knew full well that the players wouldn't agree to it, why waste their time.

Your amazing Reillers. First you constantly challenge posters to produce facts and then when facts are produced you dismiss them or question the motives of people. How you can come to the conclusion that the people who voted for this motion knew full well that the players would not agree is baffling - though in Reillersland any logic that suits the argument prevails. And how come the CB executuve voted against the motion. I am really confused Reillers. Now did you ever consider for a moment that the person who proposed this motion and those that supported it (about 2/3) of the delegates might have been trying to do something to solve the problem. The people who voted for this motion were representatives of al clubs in Cork who are just as passionate about Cork teams as you are Reillers - time you dismounted this high horse of morality you are on.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 04, 2009, 10:30:43 PM

2 from the players, 2 from the board and 2 neutrals maybe? I'd suggest O Grady and Cunnignham but I know full well they despise the board as much as any Cork man who has been in the job.
I don't know, but 2-2 could work, stalement maybe but it's equal power.

2 neutrals and u pick o grady and cunnignham are u for real what world are u living in reillers to call them neutral
if and when it comes down to 2v2 whats to say ger mac is part of the 2
are the players not going to agree to this are they going to tell the ccb who they can bring
[/quote]

I'd suggest BUT, BUT. There's no chance in hell they'd be there, like I said if you bothered ro finish reading it, they wouldn't be neutrals

Let me see your posts are similar to OM....So are you OM??
Oh you most be so I'll just ignore you telling me otherwise and just keep saying it.

realrebel

reillers u havent answered my question
if ur stfrancis then who are u because ur not there as reillers that means ur under a different name
tell me why is this?
plonker now im om is it hes from the six counties im from cork how do u make that out
answer my question

Reillers

Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 04, 2009, 10:37:45 PM
Quote from: Reillers on January 04, 2009, 09:20:47 PM
Quote from: Tatler Jack on January 04, 2009, 08:50:37 PM

This was a motion from the floor and it was clear  the executive were not that anxious to put it to the covention. It was carried by a large majority. Cannot see how it was meant as a PR stunt. I saw on delegate voting for it who earlier had been very critical of the executive.

Oh they knew full well that the players wouldn't agree to it, why waste their time.

Your amazing Reillers. First you constantly challenge posters to produce facts and then when facts are produced you dismiss them or question the motives of people. How you can come to the conclusion that the people who voted for this motion knew full well that the players would not agree is baffling - though in Reillersland any logic that suits the argument prevails. And how come the CB executuve voted against the motion. I am really confused Reillers. Now did you ever consider for a moment that the person who proposed this motion and those that supported it (about 2/3) of the delegates might have been trying to do something to solve the problem. The people who voted for this motion were representatives of al clubs in Cork who are just as passionate about Cork teams as you are Reillers - time you dismounted this high horse of morality you are on.

I'm not saying the set the thing up I'm just saying it's how it came across and genious I wasn't the one who suggested it, maybe in Tatlerland you see what you want, but maybe you could read all the posts fully before you have a go at me..again.

Reillers

Quote from: realrebel on January 04, 2009, 10:42:43 PM
reillers u havent answered my question
if ur stfrancis then who are u because ur not there as reillers that means ur under a different name
tell me why is this?
plonker now im om is it hes from the six counties im from cork how do u make that out
answer my question

Does it matter who I am, why should I tell you. You reply to all my posts with crap like plonker and shite like that, so why should I let you know who I am there.
Well I'm only using the logic you're using saying I'm Stfrancis, now on a few occasion your attitude has been similar to his, and apparently one or two of mine have been similar to his. So by your logic you're OM.
And I'll do what you continue to do, accuse you of being him and ignore you saying that you're not.

Tatler Jack

- post by Reillers

QuoteI'm not saying the set the thing up I'm just saying it's how it came across and genious I wasn't the one who suggested it,
- Reillers 30 mins later

????

In Tatlerland we try to be logical!!!

Reillers

It was a PR stunt, it ended up being a PR stunt, God knows they've done it before.

I didn't bring it up, go attack someone else for a while ffs.

Tatler Jack

QuoteIt was a PR stunt, it ended up being a PR stunt

It was you who called it a PR stunt Reillers - a PR stunt by whom?   I am defending the integrity of thost who proposed and supported the motion. Constantly on this thread you have undermined some of your defence of the players by attacking the integrity, motives and sincerity of CB and convention delegates. This is why I am refuting what you have said. If you showed more respect for people who do not agree with you and accept that people often support motions for perfectly valid reasons then you might find that more people will listen to you. You could start by accepting you are wrong about this being a PR stunt since the"facts" clearly show it was not.

Reillers

Tatler Jack.

I wasn't the first person to bring it up was I, not like it matters.

Besides a handful of the CCB, they are a disgrace to the GAA, but does anyone care that they're not doing their job..not at all. Why would they, it's the GAA, if it's shite we'll just ignore it.

There are good lads in there I just have little faith in some of these people

"Such moral weakness may prevail in other bodies, particularly those which can vote almost unanimously, in diametrically opposing ways, with just four days between each vote, like the Cork County Board."

(From the players statement from a while ago)

I question them because they are influenced overwhelmingly by Frank Murphy, the vote last year if anything proves that. So do I trust them to make the right decision..no I don't think anyone in Cork really does, no matter what side they are on, I think most knowledgeable fans no full well that the CB is the biggest heap of shit and that everything that comes out of there can't be taken at face value.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 12:00:52 AM
Tatler Jack.

I wasn't the first person to bring it up was I, not like it matters.

Besides a handful of the CCB, they are a disgrace to the GAA, but does anyone care that they're not doing their job..not at all. Why would they, it's the GAA, if it's shite we'll just ignore it.

There are good lads in there I just have little faith in some of these people

"Such moral weakness may prevail in other bodies, particularly those which can vote almost unanimously, in diametrically opposing ways, with just four days between each vote, like the Cork County Board."

(From the players statement from a while ago)

I question them because they are influenced overwhelmingly by Frank Murphy, the vote last year if anything proves that. So do I trust them to make the right decision..no I don't think anyone in Cork really does, no matter what side they are on, I think most knowledgeable fans no full well that the CB is the biggest heap of shit and that everything that comes out of there can't be taken at face value.

Are you saying the county board is at fault so?

Reillers

The players will meet but they will only meet if there is an equal number of representivies.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on January 05, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
The players will meet but they will only meet if there is an equal number of representivies.

Do you think McCarthy should step down?

INDIANA

yeah but reillers who gets to decide when the players aren't doing their job on the field of play?
The players.
I thought so.

Reillers

The manager, he selects the team.
Donal Og insists on having two keepers at the match as well as him, he insists that the two other keepers train with him to make him better. He knows full well that they could surpase him any day and I'm telling ya they were coming pretty close to it. Does having the two of them there come with a risk, of course it does, but it makes him better or take his place, but it's better for Cork.
The players kept questioning why Naughton wasn't starting because he was flying in training.
They don't decide who gets to play, they don't want to, they don't want to have anything to do with having a say with the manager, they didn't even want to be on the board of picking a manager. They would rather be able to trust the CB.
They just want to play the game. THey just want to get back to the hurling. Nothing would make them happier if they never had to use the word strike again. They would give anything to have a CB that they could trust to do their job.

But it's not that perfect, it never will be even remotely ok. They don't have it as easy as the likes of KK players where everyone works for one goal, winning the AI. But in Cork, no no, instead the players have to worry about the CB throwing blades at them in the dark. 

The players want to be just that, players. They want to just play the game.
Ye've got this twisted idea about them that was built over the years of fighting with the board, that they want power, but all they've ever wanted and all the stuggles have been about wanting the best for Cork hurling, wanting to be able to play.