McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

I'll repost this since it seems to be ignored by those who support the CCB

QuoteHow many of us complain about the club championship being held up for all summer yet how many CB's are brought to task for this by the club delegates. If clubs don't demand heads when their own clubs are fucked around I wouldn't expect them to do much for the county team, the lack of uproar over the club fixture issue is evidence of the nature of club delegates IMO.

So tell me id club delegates are so proactive why isn't there war at county conventions over the treatment of club championships?

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 30, 2008, 07:48:52 PM
Oh sweet mother of God.

First..Would people who randomely come by, which I've no problem with, read posts in the thread before making posts like this, it would save us a lot of time, not rehasihing the same argument and posts over an over again..more so then we are doing all ready.

True we probably wouldn't have beaten KK this year, no matter who we were under, I don't think anyone has said otherwise....BUT..

It's NOT ABOUT LOOSING TO KILKENNY!!

It's about the losses alone. Please read the posts that were all ready put up if you don't know what's going on.

We've had 5 bad days in 2 years with McCarthy. Under O Grady and Allen we lost 3 championship matches in 4 years.

Look at the difference between the styles of play under O Grady and Allen.

The handpassing game is gone completley, Donal Og is instructed to puck the ball long, (giving one short puck out in a game got him dropped), a tactic that played its part in losing to KK, we have one player who's comfortable winning the ball in the air, everyone else seemed to get bullied off the ball.

Look, the fact of the matter is that the players are unhappy with Gerald's training and tactics, the way he treats them, the tatics that they've used and have not been successful with. If players went to any other coach in any other sport, there would have been change. But in the GAA, in Cork, not at all, too much status quo.
If it is obviously not working, like it hasn't been in Cork, there needs to be change. But God forbid no, not in this county, the players couldn't be right at all, not with this CB.

Gerald's record in the last 2 years speaks for itself. The job should be performance based, not politically based like it was and still is in Cork. But welcome to Cork GAA. They CB would have it no other way.

And the difference between O Grady and McCarthy

I think it's only a matter of time before we have a new manager, I don't know who, but I think it's only a matter of time, Gerald though, most definately, can't stay as he is.
I'd much prefer to see Gerald step down now, than later when his reputation will be in tatters, being forced to step down. I think we should make him the full time coach of the development squad, that apparently is being set up, leave him pass on his years of experience to those just coming up the ranks.
The players and Gerald have the respect of all Cork fans, some may respect one more than the other, or many only respect one, but still. There are the pro Gerald or pro players, it's wrong, we should all be pro Cork hurling, it should all be about what's best for Cork hurling.

Without question, the Cork hurlers will work and train harder this season, nobody works harder then them, especially if they've a point to proove and their backs are against the wall, if they come back to the right manager, because they will want to repay the faith shown by the fans, like 02 and proove everyone else, all their critics, wrong.

But that said I don't think Gerald should be forced out of the job, he should just leave. He just shouldn't have been reappointed in the first place. I think he should resign, and he knows that, he should have left way back when, truely great managers leave when they know that time is up, like Justin did in Waterford, Gerald should have recognised that and sadly I think part of him did, but there was too much ego involved for him to give in. Too much pride.

Is his the most ridiculous, hypocritical and ironic post of the past 98 pages ??.

Just think about it Reillers before you come back and tell me I know f--k all !  ;) ;)

INDIANA

You can't create special exemptions for Cork Zulu, it just creates precedent for potential anarchy everywhere else. I don't buy the argument the 200 clubs are all sheep. THe problme in cork is that the players have disconnected themselves to the extent I'd say the clubs are happy enough to look after their members interests and consider the players as a seperate entity at this stage. The cork county championships in comaprison to say dublin are run on time. We often go 4-5 months without a championship game up here. We can't have players removing county board officials regardless. The dublin hurlers went on strike 4 years ago but had to wait 6 months to get rid of bailey when the clubs did it for them. But no-one gave a monkeys because it was the dublin hurlers

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 30, 2008, 11:04:48 PM
Oh sweet mother of God.

First..Would people who randomely come by, which I've no problem with, read posts in the thread before making posts like this, it would save us a lot of time, not rehasihing the same argument and posts over an over again..more so then we are doing all ready.

True we probably wouldn't have beaten KK this year, no matter who we were under, I don't think anyone has said otherwise....BUT..

It's about the losses alone. Please read the posts that were all ready put up if you don't know what's going on.

We've had 5 bad days in 2 years with McCarthy. Under O Grady and Allen we lost 3 championship matches in 4 years.

The handpassing game is gone completley, Donal Og is instructed to puck the ball long, (giving one short puck out in a game got him dropped), a tactic that played its part in losing to KK, we have one player who's comfortable winning the ball in the air, everyone else seemed to get bullied off the ball.

Look, the fact of the matter is that the players are unhappy with Gerald's training and tactics, the way he treats them, the tatics that they've used and have not been successful with. If players went to any other coach in any other sport, there would have been change. But in the GAA, in Cork, not at all, too much status quo.
If it is obviously not working, like it hasn't been in Cork, there needs to be change. But God forbid no, not in this county, the players couldn't be right at all, not with this CB.

Gerald's record in the last 2 years speaks for itself. The job should be performance based, not politically based like it was and still is in Cork. But welcome to Cork GAA. They CB would have it no other way.

I think it's only a matter of time before we have a new manager, I don't know who, but I think it's only a matter of time, Gerald though, most definately, can't stay as he is.
I'd much prefer to see Gerald step down now, than later when his reputation will be in tatters, being forced to step down. I think we should make him the full time coach of the development squad, that apparently is being set up, leave him pass on his years of experience to those just coming up the ranks.
The players and Gerald have the respect of all Cork fans, some may respect one more than the other, or many only respect one, but still. There are the pro Gerald or pro players, it's wrong, we should all be pro Cork hurling, it should all be about what's best for Cork hurling.

Without question, the Cork hurlers will work and train harder this season, nobody works harder then them, especially if they've a point to proove and their backs are against the wall, if they come back to the right manager, because they will want to repay the faith shown by the fans, like 02 and proove everyone else, all their critics, wrong.

But that said I don't think Gerald should be forced out of the job, he should just leave. He just shouldn't have been reappointed in the first place. I think he should resign, and he knows that, he should have left way back when, truely great managers leave when they know that time is up, like Justin did in Waterford, Gerald should have recognised that and sadly I think part of him did, but there was too much ego involved for him to give in. Too much pride.

Is his the most ridiculous, hypocritical and ironic post of the past 98 pages ??.

Just think about it Reillers before you come back and tell me I know f--k all !  ;) ;)

Are you kidding me. Seriously, he can't ever work with those players again, he wont want to, either will they. He's going to be gone as manager one way or another, but why should we waste his years of experience. He would be a good addition to it, atleast be a part of it. Just because he's not a good manager now doesn't mean that he doesn't know his hurling, him, Justin McCarthy would be great as well if he wasn't busy, lol, and Donal Og as well lol.

Zulu

Indiana I'm not suggesting we make an exception for Cork, I'm merely pointing out that the players are entitled to take the stance thay have because of the actions of the CCB. Supporters of the CCB have come on here saying the club delegates voted for this or that and therefore democracy is at work and we must accept it. Yet I have pointed out that club delegates fail to take their CB's to task over the disgraceful treatment of their own clubs so I would suggest that they are unlikely to kick up a fuss over the county team, especially one so closely associated with the dreaded GPA. And the only reason Cork get their championships finished on time is because they rush through games with unseemly haste at the end of the year, not because they are running games all through the summer.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on December 30, 2008, 11:42:46 PM
You can't create special exemptions for Cork Zulu, it just creates precedent for potential anarchy everywhere else. I don't buy the argument the 200 clubs are all sheep. THe problme in cork is that the players have disconnected themselves to the extent I'd say the clubs are happy enough to look after their members interests and consider the players as a seperate entity at this stage. The cork county championships in comaprison to say dublin are run on time. We often go 4-5 months without a championship game up here. We can't have players removing county board officials regardless. The dublin hurlers went on strike 4 years ago but had to wait 6 months to get rid of bailey when the clubs did it for them. But no-one gave a monkeys because it was the dublin hurlers

News to me.  ;D ;D Not one of the CB's best traits in Cork, organising fixtures.
Sitting on their arse all season and then rushing them in all together at the end, very eh..packed and if you're a county player, you're fecked.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 30, 2008, 11:48:41 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 30, 2008, 11:04:48 PM
Oh sweet mother of God.

Are you kidding me. Seriously, he can't ever work with those players again, he wont want to, either will they. He's going to be gone as manager one way or another, but why should we waste his years of experience. He would be a good addition to it, atleast be a part of it. Just because he's not a good manager now doesn't mean that he doesn't know his hurling, him, Justin McCarthy would be great as well if he wasn't busy, lol, and Donal Og as well lol.

Imagine - for 98 pages you've contended that Mc Carthy should never have been reappointed, that he's a bad manager, Cork have had nothing but horrible defeats because of Mc Carthy, that the CB and him are inextricably linked ala SF / IRA, that he's insulted all and sundry, that he has leaked sensitive, confidential information, that he is not to be trusted, that he would do anything just to have his own way, that he is manipulative, engages in PR stunts, he doesn't even know the names of the players or what clubs they're from, you've scorned his Cork hurling academy, Mc Carthy is egotistical unlike the players, has behaved disgracefully throughout, is only there to do the CB's bidding, his training methods are shit, is tactically rubbish and above all else is a liar. This list is not exhaustive by the way.

But yet, you see fit to appoint him to oversee the future of Cork hurling.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reillers

No for 98 pages I've said that McCarthy is a bad manager..of this team. That he is a yes man and is being used by the CB. For 98 pages you've just ignored and half read my posts.
I think that he should have some involvement in it, because of his massive experience. He of course should be in there with younger men like Donal Og and the likes then of Justin McCarthy.
Like I said, just because you're not a good manager of a certain team doesn't mean you don't know your hurling, you just don't know what's best for that team. He should by no means be the sole person encharge of Cork's future by any means of the imagination.

If it was, we'd be doing long puck outs till the cows come home. But he should be able to pass on his hurling knowledge and experience, not leave it go to waste.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 31, 2008, 12:07:37 AM
No for 98 pages I've said that McCarthy is a bad manager..of this team. That he is a yes man and is being used by the CB. For 98 pages you've just ignored and half read my posts.
I think that he should have some involvement in it, because of his massive experience. He of course should be in there with younger men like Donal Og and the likes then of Justin McCarthy.
Like I said, just because you're not a good manager of a certain team doesn't mean you don't know your hurling, you just don't know what's best for that team. He should by no means be the sole person encharge of Cork's future by any means of the imagination.

If it was, we'd be doing long puck outs till the cows come home. But he should be able to pass on his hurling knowledge and experience, not leave it go to waste.

Are you kidding me. Seriously, he can't ever work with those players again, he wont want to, either will they  Your post 5 minutes ago  - so now you're going to put Donal Og and Mc Carthy together again. This just gets sillier and sillier.

Mc Carthy has been lambasted by you for 98 pages - you've called him for everything and now you want to put him in charge of future generations of Cork hurling !!

If that's not the most ridiculous, most ironic and hypocritical thing ever I don't know.

I smell a big dirty rat here.

So what you're dreamed up now is to get rid of Mc Carthy and put him out to graze as director if development sqauds. Director of hurling if you like. You lads are watching too much soccer. But then living in Reillersland, anything is possible.

I've heard it mentioned that a director of hurling job is what the players want to offer to Mc Carthy for him resigning, but somehow I can't see the man turning. You've insulted him too much - you've criticsed him as a person and as a coach. I can't believe how you're recommending him to lead Cork hurling into the future.

But then again, you're only the spokeperson.

Zulu

QuoteI've heard it mentioned that a director of hurling job is what the players want to offer to Mc Carthy for him resigning, but somehow I can't see the man turning.

The players never suggested this.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 31, 2008, 12:33:47 AM
QuoteI've heard it mentioned that a director of hurling job is what the players want to offer to Mc Carthy for him resigning, but somehow I can't see the man turning.

Who did then if anyone ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2008, 12:21:16 AM

Are you kidding me. Seriously, he can't ever work with those players again, he wont want to, either will they  Your post 5 minutes ago  - so now you're going to put Donal Og and Mc Carthy together again. This just gets sillier and sillier.

Mc Carthy has been lambasted by you for 98 pages - you've called him for everything and now you want to put him in charge of future generations of Cork hurling !!

If that's not the most ridiculous, most ironic and hypocritical thing ever I don't know.

So what you're dreamed up now is to get rid of Mc Carthy and put him out to graze as director if development sqauds. Director of hurling if you like. You lads are watching too much soccer. But then living in Reillersland, anything is possible.

I've heard it mentioned that a director of hurling job is what the players want to offer to Mc Carthy for him resigning, but somehow I can't see the man turning. You've insulted him too much - you've criticsed him as a person and as a coach. I can't believe how you're recommending him to lead Cork hurling into the future.

OMG. Are you special, really are you that special. I would like to see these men, especially Donal Og working with the future of Cork GAA. I don't mean all of them I mean I'd like to see the likes of McCarthy, J.McCarthy, Donal Og etc working.
Why do you have to take every single little thing so literally.

Do you read anyones posts totally. I mean REALLY??

I have said that he is not a good manager of this team, as proof, not like it's in short supply, that you don't actually read the posts, I've said in my very last post there, that he is not a good manager. Maybe at a different time he may have done well, but who knows. I'VE SAID THAT!!!!!!

I've explained it to you in my last post, but surprise surprise you've ignored it.

I don't want him in charge of the future of Cork hurling, he just should have a position where he can share his years of experience. Again I've said ALL of that about 5 seconds ago.

And I've not criticised him as a person, I've said he was a liar when he lied, that was about it, and ya I've criticised him as a coach because he wasn't doing his job properally.
Is there something wrong with that??

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2008, 12:35:57 AM
Quote from: Zulu on December 31, 2008, 12:33:47 AM

Who did then if anyone ?

It was proposed by a club delegate at the recent CB convention.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 31, 2008, 12:38:47 AM
Quote from: orangeman on December 31, 2008, 12:21:16 AM

OMG. Are you special, really are you that special. I would like to see these men, especially Donal Og working with the future of Cork GAA. I don't mean all of them I mean I'd like to see the likes of McCarthy, J.McCarthy, Donal Og etc working.
Why do you have to take every single little thing so literally.

Do you read anyones posts totally. I mean REALLY??

I have said that he is not a good manager of this team, as proof, not like it's in short supply, that you don't actually read the posts, I've said in my very last post there, that he is not a good manager. Maybe at a different time he may have done well, but who knows. I'VE SAID THAT!!!!!!

I've explained it to you in my last post, but surprise surprise you've ignored it.

I don't want him in charge of the future of Cork hurling, he just should have a position where he can share his years of experience. Again I've said ALL of that about 5 seconds ago.

And I've not criticised him as a person, I've said he was a liar when he lied, that was about it, and ya I've criticised him as a coach because he wasn't doing his job properally.
Is there something wrong with that??

Rellers - you can try and wriggle all you like but you've tripped up big time here in your personal, over the top unfair, criticism of a true legend of Cork hurling.

Reillers