McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Peace, love and an end to all industrial action !  ;)

orangeman

On this day 1914: An informal ceasefire is called between British and German troops in areas along the Western Front

stevetharlear

Quote from: orangeman on December 25, 2008, 05:56:12 PM
On this day 1914: An informal ceasefire is called between British and German troops in areas along the Western Front

Never! Never! Never!

orangeman

Quote from: stevetharlear on December 26, 2008, 12:24:06 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 25, 2008, 05:56:12 PM

Never! Never! Never!

;)  With the beret on or off ???  ;)

Reillers

Well if they could find peace, for atleast one day, then maybe there could be some light at the end of this after all....(but with the cb involved, lets pray it's not an oncoming train.)

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 26, 2008, 02:00:32 PM
Well if they could find peace, for atleast one day, then maybe there could be some light at the end of this after all....(but with the cb involved, lets pray it's not an oncoming train.)

Don't always be so pesimistic.

Reillers

Please..dealing with the CB..you expect the worse and they live up to your expectations.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 26, 2008, 04:23:22 PM
Please..dealing with the CB..you expect the worse and they live up to your expectations.

Any New year's resolutions ?

orangeman

Bud Wiser

Dessie, Don't forget the Ladies.

Re: Unwanted GAA Christmas Presents !! What have you got ?
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:33:18 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cork footballers got a set of medals for winning the Munster Final but they sent a letter to the Cork County Board on Christmas Eve to say that they were refusing to turn up at the arranged function to accept them.

They say this refusal is a show of solidarity with the hurlers.   Show of stupidity more like it, not alone have they degraded the Hurling, now they are saying to young lads that a Munster Final medal is not worth turning up for.  Talk about bringing the game into disrepute !!  Both the hurlers and the footballers should get a three year ban from all gaa games in senior football and hurling and that would sort the f**kers out.  Where is the respect for the county board now?  As far as I am concerned the GPA are up to their tits in this.

orangeman

Bud Wiser

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:58:41 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/gaelic-football/cork-footballers-to-boycott-medal-ceremony-1584455.html

When I read this the first thing I thought was, why, if the footballers are not going to accept their awards in support of the hurlers, did the hurlers themselves turn up for the GPA awards at City West just a few weeks earlier to accept their nominations and in the case of Ben O'Connor, an award from the GPA?  Am I on my own here now in thinking that these boyos are saying, it is allright to accept awards from the GPA and not from the GAA??  Or has the brandy got me again??

orangeman

Interesting interpretation of unwanted Christmas gifts.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on December 27, 2008, 03:17:10 PM
Bud Wiser

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:58:41 PM »   

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/gaelic-football/cork-footballers-to-boycott-medal-ceremony-1584455.html

When I read this the first thing I thought was, why, if the footballers are not going to accept their awards in support of the hurlers, did the hurlers themselves turn up for the GPA awards at City West just a few weeks earlier to accept their nominations and in the case of Ben O'Connor, an award from the GPA?  Am I on my own here now in thinking that these boyos are saying, it is allright to accept awards from the GPA and not from the GAA??  Or has the brandy got me again??

You can get a free car at the GPA awards - all you get at a medal ceremony in Cork are lousy Munster medals - sure you can't make any money from going to that

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 27, 2008, 03:14:19 PM
Bud Wiser

The Cork footballers got a set of medals for winning the Munster Final but they sent a letter to the Cork County Board on Christmas Eve to say that they were refusing to turn up at the arranged function to accept them.

They say this refusal is a show of solidarity with the hurlers.   Show of stupidity more like it, not alone have they degraded the Hurling, now they are saying to young lads that a Munster Final medal is not worth turning up for.  Talk about bringing the game into disrepute !!  Both the hurlers and the footballers should get a three year ban from all gaa games in senior football and hurling and that would sort the f**kers out.  Where is the respect for the county board now?  As far as I am concerned the GPA are up to their tits in this.

What in the  name of God are you on about. You really have no clue at all do ya..I mean REALLY, not even the foggiest.

INDIANA

in fairness its a pretty pathetic attempt by the cork footballers to be seen to be doing something. even if the UN were brought in all parties still wouldn't sit down ,but the players refusal to even sit down isn't helping matters either.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 27, 2008, 06:52:54 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 27, 2008, 03:14:19 PM
Bud Wiser

What in the  name of God are you on about. You really have no clue at all do ya..I mean REALLY, not even the foggiest.

Typical response Reillers. When somebody says something negative which usually is the truth about the players, you get the standard Reillers nonsene repsonse - you know F--K ALL, you haven't a clue !!!!!!!  ;D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D  Pure class - please Reillers, think a wee bit - use your brain - and come up with something a wee bit different than this !!   ;) ;) :D