McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Sweet Jesus OM just answer the question, I ask you a question and you reply by going back 3 or 4 posts, it's like talking to a wall. Can you or can you not justify your position?

Oh and where did I say there was something wrong at every level in Cork, read my posts man, but yes there is much wrong in Cork GAA.

Just read your last post OM

QuoteI've already attempted to by pointing out to you that there was an AGM down there on Sunday.

Frank or the top table didn't have to fight off a vote of no confidence. There might have been heated debate - we had our AGM last night and there was plenty of debate, sometimes heated, but everybody went home happy, conident in the ability of the top table who were mostly all returned.

There wasn't a successful vote of no confidence in the CCB, that is your justification, is it? Now I'll ignore the fact you've been posting your opinion on this long before the AGM so it can't be your reason but even if it was so what? The AGM clearly showed a number of club delegates are unhappy at how the county board handles this and a delegate who expressed this opinion got a sustained round of applause.

Realrebel I know quite a few of the footballers too and while i haven't spoken to any of them recently the last time i did they definately supported the hurlers stance and why they were doing it. Now they are, for obvious reasons wary of getting involved but they definately support the hurlers (at least the ones I've spoken to).

orangeman

Quote from: theskull1 on December 16, 2008, 11:03:04 PM
Anything specifically mentioned at the debate with the CB along with the Corks delegates which made you define it as heated Zulu?

Surely someone had the balls to demand that FM should resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?
Did anyone suggest that Ger Mac resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?

Surely a fair number would have been up in arms? If not, what makes you think that you have the support of people who do the work in Cork GAA. Clubs up and down the county must be raising a right old rumpous if a lot of people agree with your perspective
?

I seriously don't know the answers to any of those questions? I would love to know how many are behind you lads where it counts?

Oh yes passedit.....the answer is I don't know

That's what I was thinking but sure I know nothing about it !!! I haven't the proof to be able to justify my position ?  ;) ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2008, 11:04:20 PM
Sweet Jesus OM just answer the question, I ask you a question and you reply by going back 3 or 4 posts, it's like talking to a wall. Can you or can you not justify your position?

Oh and where did I say there was something wrong at every level in Cork, read my posts man, but yes there is much wrong in Cork GAA.

Just read your last post OM

QuoteI've already attempted to by pointing out to you that there was an AGM down there on Sunday.

Frank or the top table didn't have to fight off a vote of no confidence. There might have been heated debate - we had our AGM last night and there was plenty of debate, sometimes heated, but everybody went home happy, conident in the ability of the top table who were mostly all returned.

There wasn't a successful vote of no confidence in the CCB, that is your justification, is it? Now I'll ignore the fact you've been posting your opinion on this long before the AGM so it can't be your reason but even if it was so what? The AGM clearly showed a number of club delegates are unhappy at how the county board handles this and a delegate who expressed this opinion got a sustained round of applause.
Realrebel I know quite a few of the footballers too and while i haven't spoken to any of them recently the last time i did they definately supported the hurlers stance and why they were doing it. Now they are, for obvious reasons wary of getting involved but they definately support the hurlers (at least the ones I've spoken to).

Clearly showed a number of club delegates are unhappy ??? How many ?? 2 ? 3 ? 10 ? 20 ? 40 ? 200 ?

And wippee he got a SUSTAINED round of applause ????????? That's funny I have to admit -  :D :D :D :D :D

So what happened the vote of no confidence in Frank ?? The top table etc etc ? In Mc Carthy ???

It didn't happen. Why ?

Zulu

And still no answer ::) ::). I'm begining to think someone told you what to think but forgot to tell you why.

Quote[Surely someone had the balls to demand that FM should resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?
Did anyone suggest that Ger Mac resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?
/quote]

A number of delegates told the top table that they were responsible for the mess and that they expected more action from them to deal with the situation. I can only speculate as to why delegates won't stand up to FM but a fromer Cork hurling selector told me there wasn't any of them man enough. Others will tell you that Frank controls the money, fixtures, pitches, refs (which as secretary he does) and if you go against him your club can pay a hefty price. My own feeling is that most Cork GAA folk think FM is a bollocks but his our bollocks. He is a powerful man in the GAA and they mightn't like everything he does but they know he can do a lot for Cork at national level. Besides he is a paid offical so I'm not sure they have any mechanism through which to get rid of him.

Bob Ryan said the McCarhty wouldn't be fired so I guess it was pointless looking for that and anyway he isn't the issue so why bring him stand up an ddemand he be fired. If i were there and holding the opinion I do I still wouldn't have called for this head either.

QuoteSurely a fair number would have been up in arms? If not, what makes you think that you have the support of people who do the work in Cork GAA. Clubs up and down the county must be raising a right old rumpous if a lot of people agree with your perspective?

A fair number were up in arms but views were expressed largely civilly, I'm basing my view that Cork opinion is divided on speaking with people on the ground in Cork, last year lads here said the same thing that there were votes held and the majority supported the CB. But that often doesn't reflect what goes on on the ground and it's the same hear. From my contacts opinion is divided and I have seen nothing or heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2008, 11:27:34 PM
And still no answer ::) ::). I'm begining to think someone told you what to think but forgot to tell you why.

Quote[Surely someone had the balls to demand that FM should resign? If not why not? If so what was the reaction of the delegates?
/quote]

A number of delegates told the top table that they were responsible for the mess and that they expected more action from them to deal with the situation. I can only speculate as to why delegates won't stand up to FM but a fromer Cork hurling selector told me there wasn't any of them man enough. Others will tell you that Frank controls the money, fixtures, pitches, refs (which as secretary he does) and if you go against him your club can pay a hefty price. My own feeling is that most Cork GAA folk think FM is a bollocks but his our bollocks. He is a powerful man in the GAA and they mightn't like everything he does but they know he can do a lot for Cork at national level. Besides he is a paid offical so I'm not sure they have any mechanism through which to get rid of him.

Bob Ryan said the McCarhty wouldn't be fired so I guess it was pointless looking for that and anyway he isn't the issue so why bring him stand up an ddemand he be fired. If i were there and holding the opinion I do I still wouldn't have called for this head either.

QuoteSurely a fair number would have been up in arms? If not, what makes you think that you have the support of people who do the work in Cork GAA. Clubs up and down the county must be raising a right old rumpous if a lot of people agree with your perspective?

A fair number were up in arms but views were expressed largely civilly, I'm basing my view that Cork opinion is divided on speaking with people on the ground in Cork, last year lads here said the same thing that there were votes held and the majority supported the CB. But that often doesn't reflect what goes on on the ground and it's the same hear. From my contacts opinion is divided and I have seen nothing or heard nothing to suggest otherwise.

There mustn't be too many big men in Cork if that's the case but somehow I suspect that's a load of shite. If a majority of clubs wanted FM out, he'd be out on his ear. Simpe as.

Frank isn't a Don Corleone type figure.

Now what was it you wanted me to say ?

You come across as being perpexed at my responses, but believe me, the feeling is mutual. I'm scratching my head as well at some of yours.

Is it a case that we're both missing out on something major ?

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on December 16, 2008, 10:53:50 PM
Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2008, 10:46:46 PM
OM it is pointless discussing this with you, you can't even justify your opinion when directly asked to do so. But to prevent you from deflecting from the issue anymore I'll concede that i don't have proof that opinion is divided, in fact  I'll agree that Cork opinion is against the players. So will you now justify your opinion?

I've already attempted to by pointing out to you that there was an AGM down there on Sunday.

If there were such division and if there were such strife, there be more goings on - but there's not.

Croke Park don't want to get involved. They can;t get 2 people acceptable to the hurlers in order for to meet them.

It's like we've been talking to a brick wall for 70 plus pages.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2008, 11:43:08 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 16, 2008, 10:53:50 PM
Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2008, 10:46:46 PM
OM it is pointless discussing this with you, you can't even justify your opinion when directly asked to do so. But to prevent you from deflecting from the issue anymore I'll concede that i don't have proof that opinion is divided, in fact  I'll agree that Cork opinion is against the players. So will you now justify your opinion?

I've already attempted to by pointing out to you that there was an AGM down there on Sunday.

If there were such division and if there were such strife, there be more goings on - but there's not.

Croke Park don't want to get involved. They can;t get 2 people acceptable to the hurlers in order for to meet them.

It's like we've been talking to a brick wall for 70 plus pages.

That's right - all of us !

Zulu

Is there something you don't understand Skull?

OM I've posted what a former county selector told me, believe what you want. Now unlike you I'm willing to clarify any part of my posts you don't understand, so fire away if want.

orangeman

I'm not convinced that there is that much that is fundamentally wrong with Cork GAA. In my own naive mind, I see the hurlers as simply not being happy with Mc Carthy as manager - they blame Frank for engineering his reappointment - so they go on strike -

The whole thing about Cork GAA going down the tubes, is in my eyes merely trying to justify the players' strike -

Why didn't they go on strike during the summer ? Why does this always happen in November / December ?

Reillers

Oh sweet lord give me strength.

Why do we even bother.

Ya sure they just go on strike just cause of McCarthy, nothing to do with Frank at all....Gerald wasn't around in 2002 yet they went on strike. The reappointment was done wrongly and I couldn't be arsed explaining it to you AGAIN because you REFUSE to listen.

Ya, the Cork Gaa going down the tube, the pathetic underage set up, the problems with the clubs..etc. All done to the players strike.

They didn't go on strike during the summer (for the millionth time) because they gave him a chance, they waited, they presumed, like we all did that there was no way at all that he would get reappointed. That is why.

Now what other questions that you've asked 100 times that have been answered, would you like to ask again??

Zulu

They didn't go on strike in the summer because they were in the middle of a championship and took the position of trying to do as well as possible in the situation. That isn't an unusual position to take, what is unusual is that when 7 people meet to discuss a new manager and 2 of them tell the other 5 that there is no working relationship with the team and players, the other 5 say f**k it we'll stick with him anyway cause we think that's the best way to win AI's.

And OM I don't know if you know anything about the goings on in Cork but if you think all is well down there you are sadly mistaken. Now i'm still waiting on my posts you need clarification on.

Reillers

You'll be waiting....I'm still waiiting on about 20 pages ago.

theskull1

Wasn't able to comprehend it thats all Zulu. Didn't know who you were refering to at the top of it.

Reillers you would almost think from your last post that every question posted normally gets answered. Come on. I'd say 25% do.

How many laps have we done now lads. Hope none of you boys are county players. You shouldn't be training at this time of year? .......Oh just remembered  :P :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2008, 12:37:18 AM
Poor old Gerald, a great man, being dragged through the muck by these eternal 'disrespectful malcontents'.

You're not allowed to say that HS ! They're honourable men who tell only the truth - they're martyrs for the cause - they only want what is best for Cork hurling - Frank has wrecked and destroyed Cork GAA from top to bottom and he needs to be got rid of. That's all the players want.

Does that sound reasonalbe to you ?