Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 01:02:46 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:57:45 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:38:27 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:22:04 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 10:42:16 PM
Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

These diversionary arguments are what they are.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
Ger is not all innocent in this.
The CB are almost 90% responsible for the situation.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

And I can't explain it any more then that.

You've made some outrageous claims in the past 41 pages but this takes the biscuit - you're starting to become delusional !

Cork GAA will die, I promose you that ????   ;) ;) :D :D :D
You said you've some knowledge of the running of Cork Gaa..then you should know that it's dying now. It's falling on it's feet. Christ like, Sean Og just basically said it this morning.

Did someone not say on here a couple of days ago that Cork under 21s have a savage team and are favourites for the AI this year ????????

Surely Cork has a way to go before sending for the doctor to certify the death ?  ;)

Ya, this year as well, as well as last year. We have the players all right. This year I'd put a spare few bob on them like, but when it comes down to it, like we say in the season just gone, the structure isn't there.
The Clare U21 game, the day after the senior match, a good 6 (I think) were involved in the panel, and grant it, that wasn't ideal, but it's no excuse. The attitude of the players was appauling. They should have hammered Clare..all due respect to Clare, but they should have. We have the players, just not the set up. When it comes down to it, you can only get so far with talent alone. The best coached will go the furthest. That is why Cork strugle to win Minors (should have been in the final in the last season there, but again, stupidly, lost to Galway, who we should have beat and beat well) and U21s for many years to come until we get the right structures in there..we'll never be as succesful as we can be (and that includes at senior level as well) while the structure is shity and coaching is just as bad. Skill and talent only get you so far.

Who was over the 21s last year - still the same men this year ?

Na a few minors have moved up, it's a really, really strong team.
Sure the minors were (unofficially anyway) favs to get to the AI final last year. They won the Munster, they should have been in the final, they would have beaten that KK side.
I'm looking forward to the minors as well, there's a few Sars lads who should make the team (U21s/minors) some fierce talent there all right.

U21s..the players there..

Matty Collins                           

Jack herlihy                 John o callaghan     Cornor O Driscoll
     Lorcán McGloughlin    Stephen White          Tomas Murray

Mannix                       Dan o Callaghan

Patrick Horgan             Brain Corry       Gould / Eoin cronin             

Steven Corcoran          Paudie  Sullivan        Ryan Clifford

OR..

Darren McCarthy
John O Callaghan    Alwyn Kearney            Conor O Driscoll
  Stephen White        Jack Herlihy            Tomas Murray
                     Lee Desmond     Aidan Walsh
Padraig  Gould         Ciaran Sheehan         Robert White
  Paudie  Sullivan        Brian Corry            Patrick  Horgan

Subs..  Matthew Collins, Sean O Riordan, Adrian Mannix, Chris O Donovan, Michael O Mahony, Ryan Clifford, Luke Farrell, Cian McCarthy, and Danny O Callaghan.

Two options of teams that you could play. A lot of players are missing, they're just two teams I copied and pasted from Rebel GAA cause I'm too tired to come up with my own. But they're the general idea of it..the second team I think has come some fierce potential.

There's a few Glen and Sars players there as well that I haven't mentioned..there are a lot I haven't mentioned tbh. LOL!!

But some serious talent there, just no structure.

theskull1

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:58:02 AM
They, in general they. If THEY have it that bad, as bad or apparently worse then what the lads down in Cork have it, then why don't they do something about it. The teams I mean. Stand up to the board.
They shouldn't have to put up or shut up.
You never answered me that, in this day and age, with all the effort and sacrifice put in by players who don't get anything (money wise) out of it, should they have to put up or shut up??

And if this was me living in an ideal world I wouldn't be on here trying to explain in the most dumbed down way possible the situation in Cork, and ye still don't get it, yet here we are.

Fcuk off with the cheek Reillers. The number of cork people supporting McCarthy's position in the discussion forums far outweighs people like yourself.

Back to the points...re Should they put up or shut up if "things" are "that bad"
What is "that bad"? Who decides that it is "that bad"? Who is asking "are we part of the problem"? What should they threaten to do if they don't get their way? DO you think every team should have the same militant attitude that Cork hurlers have if they want to get their way?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 01:22:05 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 01:02:46 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:57:45 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 15, 2008, 12:38:27 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 15, 2008, 12:22:04 AM
Quote from: Reillers on November 14, 2008, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 14, 2008, 10:42:16 PM
Reillers, (you and) the players are so stuck in their own self importance, it's almost impossible for them to comprehend that they aren't the center of the GAA.

These diversionary arguments are what they are.

I think people who have been part of the GAA all their lives have had it pandering to militant young men who think they know it all when they obviously do not yet are all to quick to tell everybody else of their failings. These men are only now showing their character and in the long run the whole GAA will be a stronger orginisation for the stance that Ger McCarthy in particular is taking

Self importance..SELF IMPORTANCE..are you taking the piss. If it was about that, they'd have walked away long ago. KNOW IT ALL..they are trying to save Cork GAA..but no, no..you..you're ignorance is almost insulting. I've said it, the papers have said it, the players have said it.
Ger is not all innocent in this.
The CB are almost 90% responsible for the situation.
The players are being vilified but they, shockingly, not like ye'll read/believe me but they are the ones who are doing this with the best intentions.

IF Gerald wins this, if the GAA will be stronger if Gerald win it-ie the board. Then Cork GAA will die and I promise you that. That is how bad it is. If the hurlers, and it's a real shame they don't have the public backing, a weaker group of lads would have given in, but people don't realise and wont till it's too late, that if Cork players loose this, Cork GAA will die.

Clubs, at county level, underage structure, grounds, money, pitches..are all falling on their arse and will continue to spiral down. If the board win this fight they will go mad, they will have no one to fight them. The players are the only ones with the balls to take them on, and we'll have no one. The board will have complete control.
No success but control, which is THE most important thing to them. Clubs will drown, underage structures will collapse completley..and so on and so forth, and no one will stop them.

This entire team could go, but the problems will remane no matter what team is in place, it'll just be a question of if they'll, like the lads in front of them, will stand up and fight this cancer that is rotting Cork from the inside.

And I can't explain it any more then that.

You've made some outrageous claims in the past 41 pages but this takes the biscuit - you're starting to become delusional !

Cork GAA will die, I promose you that ????   ;) ;) :D :D :D
You said you've some knowledge of the running of Cork Gaa..then you should know that it's dying now. It's falling on it's feet. Christ like, Sean Og just basically said it this morning.

Did someone not say on here a couple of days ago that Cork under 21s have a savage team and are favourites for the AI this year ????????

Surely Cork has a way to go before sending for the doctor to certify the death ?  ;)

Ya, this year as well, as well as last year. We have the players all right. This year I'd put a spare few bob on them like, but when it comes down to it, like we say in the season just gone, the structure isn't there.
The Clare U21 game, the day after the senior match, a good 6 (I think) were involved in the panel, and grant it, that wasn't ideal, but it's no excuse. The attitude of the players was appauling. They should have hammered Clare..all due respect to Clare, but they should have. We have the players, just not the set up. When it comes down to it, you can only get so far with talent alone. The best coached will go the furthest. That is why Cork strugle to win Minors (should have been in the final in the last season there, but again, stupidly, lost to Galway, who we should have beat and beat well) and U21s for many years to come until we get the right structures in there..we'll never be as succesful as we can be (and that includes at senior level as well) while the structure is shity and coaching is just as bad. Skill and talent only get you so far.

Who was over the 21s last year - still the same men this year ?

Na a few minors have moved up, it's a really, really strong team.
Sure the minors were (unofficially anyway) favs to get to the AI final last year. They won the Munster, they should have been in the final, they would have beaten that KK side.
I'm looking forward to the minors as well, there's a few Sars lads who should make the team (U21s/minors) some fierce talent there all right.

U21s..the players there..

Matty Collins                           

Jack herlihy                 John o callaghan     Cornor O Driscoll
     Lorcán McGloughlin    Stephen White          Tomas Murray

Mannix                       Dan o Callaghan

Patrick Horgan             Brain Corry       Gould / Eoin cronin             

Steven Corcoran          Paudie  Sullivan        Ryan Clifford

OR..

Darren McCarthy
John O Callaghan    Alwyn Kearney            Conor O Driscoll
  Stephen White        Jack Herlihy            Tomas Murray
                     Lee Desmond     Aidan Walsh
Padraig  Gould         Ciaran Sheehan         Robert White
  Paudie  Sullivan        Brian Corry            Patrick  Horgan

Subs..  Matthew Collins, Sean O Riordan, Adrian Mannix, Chris O Donovan, Michael O Mahony, Ryan Clifford, Luke Farrell, Cian McCarthy, and Danny O Callaghan.

Two options of teams that you could play. A lot of players are missing, they're just two teams I copied and pasted from Rebel GAA cause I'm too tired to come up with my own. But they're the general idea of it..the second team I think has come some fierce potential.

There's a few Glen and Sars players there as well that I haven't mentioned..there are a lot I haven't mentioned tbh. LOL!!

But some serious talent there, just no structure.

You didn't tell me who manages them ??????

witnof

Good to see McCarhty up the pressure by saying he is going to field a team for the St. Colman's match as it seems on again due to a re-classification of the match.

Since Cork Hurlers seem to think they are more important than all Cork GAA then maybe this is the right way to go.

Cue indignant response from Reilliers.

Uladh

Canavan and Carney fairly nailed their olours to the mast and hammered frank murphy on the last word last night

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Uladh

Canavan put the case that the players were arguing for the best possible conditions to prepare and compete, including the coaching they receive. he pointed out that if cork hurling were a business and workers were continually kicking up over conditions then sooner rather than later the company management (co board) would get the road.

carney went to town on murphy. much more critical than i'd ever expect him to be on any subject. he claimed there were 4/5 individuals in positions of power in the county board who were hell bent on getting individual players back for embarrassing them in 2002. he intimated this is much higher on their agenda than the good of cork hurling an football.

the Deel Rover

don't know did ye lads see this interview in todays indo , mc carthy in for the long haul by the looks of it

Saturday November 15 2008

I had hoped that we might have seen an end to media statements/interviews on the Cork hurling issues. However, Sean Og O hAilpin's comments this morning represent a serious escalation of the dispute.

Would the real Sean Og please stand up? In his comments this morning, I am a hopeless coach. Nothing is right. The whole thing is a shambles. Yet on two occasions during the past season, he made a particular point of seeking out the media to loudly praise my coaching skills, particularly in an interview with Colm Keys in the Irish Independent.

I accept that Sean Og has a very busy life. His substantial commercial interests arising from his Cork hurling career, dealing with his agent, his membership of the GPA, his job with Ulster Bank and his on-off role with Cork, must make it difficult to find time to reflect. If he did find time, then perhaps he wouldn't be flip flopping around the place and changing his mind about my abilities as a coach, to suit the agenda of the day.

I am glad he accepted the fact that the player representatives did not put forward any name during the appointment process.

He is right about one other matter. We have been living something of a lie in the Cork camp. Selectors, fitness coaches, and all the background team, fantastic people all, always operated in good faith, with one objective only: to train and prepare a Cork hurling team in the best way possible. We have been less than honest in one important respect. We have been tiptoeing around a small number of personalities as they tried to turn training and sport into some kind of industrial relations contest of a bygone age.

Myth

But the great myth emanating from this small group of players is that this issue is all about the pursuit of excellence and a 'professional' approach. Cork supporters are entitled to wonder whether a failure to co-operate fully with a nutritionist brought in by me was professional. Only 13 players from 30 responded to a questionnaire prepared by her. Whether failure to attend recovery sessions put on for them after games was professional. Was trying to get a vital fitness team member replaced before he even started work for the season professional?

These players have, rightly, been afforded every facility. They were the first Cork hurling team -- and at my recommendation -- to have a full week's residential training abroad, in La Manga. It exposed them to a full professional training regime and was a great success for everyone involved, as was accepted by Donal Og Cusack in a recent interview. Every single item that I asked Cork County Board for this team was given and rightly so. So for Sean Og to turn around now and describe the coaching regime as "Mickey Mouse" is dishonest and outrageous.

I applaud the efforts of those who have tried in the past week, with my full blessing and co-operation, to sort this out. I can understand why in the wake of Sean Og's comments, two highly respected former Cork players who had opened dialogue with the dispute leaders, have now despaired of them and have informed me they have walked away.

I am now going to get on with the job that I was appointed to and which the overwhelming majority of Cork supporters want me to. I am delighted that the Fermoy game is back on and we will have a Cork team there. In the coming weeks, I will be announcing the Cork panel for the coming season, will be announcing the full backroom team and finalising a winter training programme for all players who are on the panel.

I will be calling a forum of club and underage coaches, to propose moving forward the tremendous work on the development squads which has been ongoing, on to the establishment of a full hurling academy. I am really delighted at the offers to participate in this from former Cork players, great hurlers and the toughest of men who managed to be winners without ever being arrogant.

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Zulu

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but maybe the supporters of the CB could answer a few questions for me, I've posed some, if not all of them before but I don't think any of you have answered them.

1. Do you think the CCB is doing a good job for Cork GAA and why?

2. Do you think there was an honest and thorough search for a new Cork hurling manager and why?

3. Given that there were 2 player representitives on the 7 man panel do you think their opinion of the current manager should weigh heavily with respect to his application and why?

Uladh

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 15, 2008, 03:07:28 PM

I accept that Sean Og has a very busy life. His substantial commercial interests arising from his Cork hurling career, dealing with his agent, his membership of the GPA, his job with Ulster Bank and his on-off role with Cork, must make it difficult to find time to reflect. If he did find time, then perhaps he wouldn't be flip flopping around the place and changing his mind about my abilities as a coach, to suit the agenda of the day.

Jesus - that's very bitchy and personal altogether

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Uladh on November 15, 2008, 03:26:46 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 15, 2008, 03:07:28 PM

Jesus - that's very bitchy and personal altogether

he seems to have tore in to sean og allright definitely can't see those two boys in the same dressing room again
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Uladh

i'm not really interested in getting into the whole debate here. to me, there is a world of difference on o'hAilpin commenting on McCarthy's coaching capabilities (harsh as they were) and McCarthy dragging o'hAilpin's personal life and how he earns a living into things. very childish and unprofessional imho.

INDIANA

i agree but would you not also accept that sean og asking mc carthy "why would he want to train the cork team at his age" was also highly personalised and insulting. for me both are as bad as each other in the insults.

Tatler Jack

Quote from: Zulu on November 15, 2008, 03:24:20 PM
I haven't read all the posts in this thread but maybe the supporters of the CB could answer a few questions for me, I've posed some, if not all of them before but I don't think any of you have answered them.

1. Do you think the CCB is doing a good job for Cork GAA and why? Not relevant to this dispute. If clubs in Cork are unhappy with the CB there is a process to change things - long and tedious though it may be. Those bringing up CB shprtcomings are scraping the barrell at this stage in trying to justify the players actions

2. Do you think there was an honest and thorough search for a new Cork hurling manager and why? - A process was put in place Zuu and obviously the people who were involved in selecting a manager felt that Gerald should be given a chance. They may well have been aware of the fact that he did not receive full co-operation from the panel for the past 2 years and may have felt that he would try and make a fresh start with some of the more obvious non-cooperators retired/dropped.

3. Given that there were 2 player representitives on the 7 man panel do you think their opinion of the current manager should weigh heavily with respect to his application and why? I do not believe the two players views should weigh any more or less heavier than any other member. You like the players seem to feel they should have a veto. In fact if the players had any cop they would not be involved at all - as in all other counties

orangeman

I don't approve of the way Mc Carhty tore into Sean Og publicly - it was as Uladh says bitchy to say the least  -

BUT Sean Og described his coaching as Mickey House - Mc Carthy was entitled to reply  - I'm sorry he had such a go at him -

Bit I do understand that Mc Carhty feels that he has been personally insulted by Sean Og amongst others.

It is and will be a sad and unfortunate turn of events to see Sean Og et al sign off -

But when you play with fire, you stand a chance of getting burnt.