McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Ok then forget about he journalists cos they're unreliable then ? So are their sources ? Their motives all have to be questioned ? They all tell lies ?

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on November 09, 2008, 10:49:25 PM
You've obviously never studied the media at any great length. The Examiner need player interviews to sell newspapers, they don;t need county board officials , they aren't going to bite the hand that sells newspapers. Thats called basic economics, Adam Smith devised  it in the 16th century. Same way Tom needs Sean Og for interviews or that autiobiography down the line. Or that Colm Keyes needs gerald Mc Carthy for an interview later on next year. They'll take sides with their contacts same as any businessman.
So I wouldn't put great faith in the content of the nation's journalists , but If I was the Cork hurlers I would very concerned that more of them favour the other side of the debate than theirs which doesn't do anything for their PR. They must have pissed off a lot of them in the last few years. Some side has to crack soon otherwise Cork are finished as a hurling force for the next couple of years.

They can get interview from both sides. It's ridiculous to say that oh well they're biased towards the players because..but the other papers manage to have an oppinion, do they not without interviews from the boards??  What you're doing now, twisting it like that, that is bias. That the Examinier is biased for the same reason the others aren't. "they aren't going to bite the hand that sells newspapers."...but you're saying that most of them back them, make up your mind.

Some of the papers that are against the players aren't biased for the same reason the other papers in your view, are.m If they wanted to the Examiner or Humphries and Co. that back the players could easily manage to sell papers just fine like the other papers who are against them. You can't have it both ways. What you're saying is ridiculous.
It's called basics economics when it comes to the Times selling papers but the other papers manage just fine, so why is it that they are biased??

You're contradicting yourself.

It's like, oh the papers that are against the players are unbiased and reliable and such, but the papers that are backing the players are biased and have to be like that to seel papers. It's bull.
The Indo, Times, the Tribune, the Examiner..I've read plenty from all that are in full backing of the players. On that day, were they deseperate for sales, most have been because God forbid that they come out and support them..that's not possible at all..they were just following simple economics.

And it's one thing to have "sources" it's another to be in with it, to hear the rumours, to watch it unfold. SOmething that someone up in Dublin can't experience simply because he's in Dublin.

There is not a single person who knows what's going on that backs the board. Not one.

orangeman

Quote from: Reillers on November 09, 2008, 11:23:08 PM
You've obviously never studied the media at any great length. The Examiner need player interviews to sell newspapers, they don;t need county board officials , they aren't going to bite the hand that sells newspapers. Thats called basic economics, Adam Smith devised  it in the 16th century. Same way Tom needs Sean Og for interviews or that autiobiography down the line. Or that Colm Keyes needs gerald Mc Carthy for an interview later on next year. They'll take sides with their contacts same as any businessman.
So I wouldn't put great faith in the content of the nation's journalists , but If I was the Cork hurlers I would very concerned that more of them favour the other side of the debate than theirs which doesn't do anything for their PR. They must have pissed off a lot of them in the last few years. Some side has to crack soon otherwise Cork are finished as a hurling force for the next couple of years.

They can get interview from both sides. It's ridiculous to say that oh well they're biased towards the players because..but the other papers manage to have an oppinion, do they not without interviews from the boards??  What you're doing now, twisting it like that, that is bias. That the Examinier is biased for the same reason the others aren't. "they aren't going to bite the hand that sells newspapers."...but you're saying that most of them back them, make up your mind.

Some of the papers that are against the players aren't biased for the same reason the other papers in your view, are.m If they wanted to the Examiner or Humphries and Co. that back the players could easily manage to sell papers just fine like the other papers who are against them. You can't have it both ways. What you're saying is ridiculous.
It's called basics economics when it comes to the Times selling papers but the other papers manage just fine, so why is it that they are biased??

It's like, oh the papers that are against the players are unbiased and reliable and such, but the papers that are backing the players are biased and have to be like that to seel papers. It's bull.
The Indo, Times, the Tribune, the Examiner..I've read plenty from all that are in full backing of the players. On that day, were they deseperate for sales, most have been because God forbid that they come out and support them..that's not possible at all..they were just following simple economics.

And it's one thing to have "sources" it's another to be in with it, to hear the rumours, to watch it unfold. SOmething that someone up in Dublin can't experience simply because he's in Dublin.

There is not a single person who knows what's going on that backs the board. Not one.

Keep telling yourself that !

theskull1

He's been repeating himself that much I almost believe him myself  :)

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

INDIANA

Reillers i read the independent every day at lunch, not once has colm keyes said a good thing about them, in fact he rubbished 7 of their 13 point manifesto last week. I'll post the article if you want. Denis Walsh today in the times, speaks up for Mc Carthy. You're kidding yourself mate.

Reillers

Quote from: orangeman on November 09, 2008, 11:53:40 PM
Quote from: Reillers on November 09, 2008, 11:23:08 PM

Keep telling yourself that !

Show me otherwise. Besides people saying oh that's not true, no ones actually shown me otherwise.

And Indo, not every journalist from the paper is going to say them same thing. Same way not every journo knows what's going on. What about you're twisted theory you were saying, simple economics isn't that what you were saying.
And I do have read the Indo and Times and I've read it plenty of times when both have backed the players.

orangeman

Second GAA club damaged by fire 

There has been a fire at GAA premises in Cookstown in County Tyrone.

It appears extensive damage has been caused to the building on Convent Road in the town. Police are treating the fire as suspicious.

It was the second time over the weekend GAA premises in the county were found on fire.

On Saturday morning a blaze was discovered at St Malachy's GAA club in Edendork. Police are also treating that fire as suspicious.

The blaze at St Malachy's destroyed the roof, and the walls were later declared unsafe.

Tommy Gallagher, SDLP Fermanagh-South Tyrone assembly member, said that extensive damage had been done to the Edendork club.

"I just hope police now will continue their investigation and that the public will co-operate with them," he said.

"Because we do need to establish clearly the reasons behind this."

AND ALL YOU HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IS FRANK !

bottlethrower7

Quote from: the green man on November 08, 2008, 12:20:25 AM
Is Reillers not a Cork man? Would he not know more about it than us?

Even if he he calls you a c**k or a p***k or a ****. At the end of the day like, he knows more about it than you or me.

are you 12?

how the hell do you know what everyone knows about this?

what has being from Cork got to do with anything?

this is the one of the most insular and plainly incorrect things said on here.

bottlethrower7

it seems this debate is going around in circles now.

I'd have to commend Reilliers for his steadfastness. Its been enlightening to read his views.

I made up my mind quite a while ago though and nothing here, or anywhere else, has changed it.

at this stage I'm content to sit back and see how it plays itself out. And, for the sake of Cork, Cork hurling, and hurling in general, I hope it gets resolved satisfactorily, and hope it gets resolved soon. If it goes on and on until next year, Cork will give themselves little chance of being competitive in 2008. There are few enough top level hurling teams. It will be a huge blow to hurling if they were to lose one of the ones that are there.

orangeman

Reillers just doesn't want to see or admit 2 things :

1. This is about the players sticking their chests out and demnding more - the players now realise that they were sold a pig in a poke by the labour relations man last year and the county board are well aware of the bum deal.

2. The Cork team is on the wane. No shame in that - they gave great service and are legends of the game. However they now risk their status ( or else they don't care ).

johnneycool

I wouldn't mind knowing about this 'inside knowledge'.

Why don't the players divulge it so that we can all make a more informed judgement?

Reillers,
can you enlighten us on this?

theskull1

Reillers is clutching onto a very same argument/excuses used by George W when they invaded iraq

"If you knew what I know, you would do the same thing that we have done. The rest of you who are totally against what we have done don't know all the facts, therefore your opinions are not valid"  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

billy the kid

Quote from: Reillers on November 09, 2008, 01:35:04 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on November 09, 2008, 01:30:51 AM
Reillers I have said there may well be wrongs on both sides but I don't share your view that the players are the victims in all of this. You know you and I are never going to agree, so I wouldn't try too hard. I've made my mind up.

But you wont even look at it, that's what annoys me so much that you and Billy and co. wont even look at the facts and the truth, ye just side against the players, ye hate them that much and no matter what they do, it still wont be right.
Don't try to wash it down saying you've said that both sides are wrong because it's always come with a..but the playres are more wrong..atleast have the balls to admit that instead of trying to water it down, because some of ye, most of ye, aren't open for debate on this, because no matter what, no matter what they do, the players are wrong, and that's that..atleast have the balls to admit that.

Reillers, me an you are never going to agree on this topic and to be honest I can easily live with that, I can even live with your constant name calling, but to come on here and say that I "hate" the Cork players is a step to far as it is complete lies.  

If you actually bothered to read other peoples posts you will see I have stated many times in this thread that I view many of the Cork players as living legends and that they were a great team and almost everyone has posted similar sentiments at some point in this discussion that you are struggling in.

Are these the words I would use if I hated them?

Name call all you want as that appears to be the emotional and mental level you are at, but stop with the lies.

Ps Im leaving this thread as I can no longer be bothered reading Reillers Lies and name calling as he abuses anyone who has the cheek to hold a different opinion than him.
I find it comical that all his opinio9ns are facts (without explaining how or providing any evidence) whereas everyone else is stupid and if a journo agrees with the players they are well informed but anyone who doesnt doesnt know the facts. Reillers you are a character but a very immature one. Good day to you.

If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

heffo

Don't forget that Kieran Shannon ghosted Brian Corcoran's book and as you put it, is not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

If Reiller's really believes that the GAA journalists don't fully discuss all of this amongst each other then he's kidding himself...I wouldn't say there is a single GAA correspondent in the country who hasn't been fully briefed as to whats going on..

orangeman

This is all a smokescreen  - the Cork players have tested the water, thought it was ok, jumped in and have got burnt  scalded - now it's smokescreen time and time to deflect attention onto others.