Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2009, 10:59:05 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2009, 10:52:11 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2009, 10:39:42 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2009, 05:25:24 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2009, 05:21:29 PM
Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2009, 01:07:20 PM
Seeing as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else, you'd think it would have been, but apparently not..and seeing here is where it was all "discussed" I thought it'd be appropriate to post it here.

The convention was on there a few days ago, and the result was incredible. The montions that Frank had alowed go through to the convention, the ones he hadn't ruled out of order (which was a joke to begin with) the ones he thought would be put down were passed, barely passed, but passed, and as I've been told, the look on his face and the face of the men on the top table, when they went against them was almost worth all those months. When it came to the last motion, you'd all the top table holding their voting cards high looking down on the people, almost pleading for votes to defeat the motion and they didn't come..the look on Franks face when the motion was passed (it needed a 2/3rds by 4 votes.) was priceless, apparently worth all those months during the strike that seemed never ending.

That's where the club forum came from, it was formed when the clubs simply had enough of the CCB's actions. They've done some incredible work.
Excellent work has been done by the club forum. Massive credit should go to them, the work they've put in, despite the CCB trying and failing time and time again to put them down, to tarnish their good work and reputations. They deserve all the credit and plaudits that they've recieved since.

Hopefully now it'll be the start of something new, of somethng different.

Were you there yourself or did you read it on rebelgaa/PROC?

And you wonder why I was surprised at the lack of discussion about this here, clearly all people are interested in is the bitter petty disputes. Never mind what's really going on.
Between you and OM..never really can grasp a sense of anything can ye.

Does it matter a damn where I got it like ffs. And here was me thinking that I could actully get a discussion out it..should have known better by now.

I'm simply trying to put your post in context - you describe the facial expressions of the elected Board officer, describe the physical manner in which the same guys dared to vote - looking 'down' on the 'people' - even though every county executive in the country sits on an elevated stage.

You describe how 'priceless' the look on Frank's face was.

Can you describe what other 'incredible' work the club form has done?

How did the CCB try to tarnish the reputations of these people since they formed the club forum?

I'm also curious why these 'momentous' events weren't covered in the national media outside of the Cork Examiner.

As per my original question, I'm curious as to your detailed information - facial expressions etc, if you weren't there?

I said I was told that the look on his face was priceless. This really says it all about you though. You'd rather talk about this than actually discuss what happened..says everything really.

If you need to have the work that the forum has done described to you than again that says even more.

At the end of the day you'd rather make petty bitter little comments off topic, instead of discussing it.
As I said, your post was incredibly reflective of you. No surprise there.

Your post exactly:

"When it came to the last motion, you'd all the top table holding their voting cards high looking down on the people, almost pleading for votes to defeat the motion and they didn't come..the look on Franks face when the motion was passed (it needed a 2/3rds by 4 votes.) was priceless,"

Can't you point out which part of that post where you heard the look on his face was priceless?

I do indeed need to have the 'incredible' work of the forum described to me - are they out feeding the poor at Christmas?? Please humour me..

Leaving out the "as I've been told" part I see. And this is exactly what I mean, several posts later, and you still have no comment to make on what happened, instead you're just trying to have a go with me, and too interested in the little bitter parts.

And then, something that annoys me more than your childish remarks, is you state first that you've no idea, that you're clueless on the work of the forum, and then you go and put them down. You know nothing about what they've done. Which is a joke. I mean, who the hell do you think you are?

And like I said, it's incredibly typical of you. It says it all really.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2009, 11:02:01 PM
Seeing as it hasn't been mentioned anywhere else, you'd think it would have been, but apparently not..and seeing here is where it was all "discussed" I thought it'd be appropriate to post it here.

The convention was on there a few days ago, and the result was incredible. The montions that Frank had alowed go through to the convention, the ones he hadn't ruled out of order (which was a joke to begin with) the ones he thought would be put down were passed, barely passed, but passed, and as I've been told, the look on his face and the face of the men on the top table, when they went against them was almost worth all those months. When it came to the last motion, you'd all the top table holding their voting cards high looking down on the people, almost pleading for votes to defeat the motion and they didn't come..the look on Franks face when the motion was passed (it needed a 2/3rds by 4 votes.) was priceless, apparently worth all those months during the strike that seemed never ending.

That's where the club forum came from, it was formed when the clubs simply had enough of the CCB's actions. They've done some incredible work.
Excellent work has been done by the club forum. Massive credit should go to them, the work they've put in, despite the CCB trying and failing time and time again to put them down, to tarnish their good work and reputations. They deserve all the credit and plaudits that they've recieved since.

And you wonder why I was surprised at the lack of discussion about this here, clearly all people are interested in is the bitter petty disputes. Never mind what's really going on.

Does it matter a damn where I got it like ffs. And here was me thinking that I could actully get a discussion out it..should have known better by now.

I'm simply trying to put your post in context - you describe the facial expressions of the elected Board officer, describe the physical manner in which the same guys dared to vote - looking 'down' on the 'people' - even though every county executive in the country sits on an elevated stage.

How did the CCB try to tarnish the reputations of these people since they formed the club forum?

I'm also curious why these 'momentous' events weren't covered in the national media outside of the Cork Examiner.

As per my original question, I'm curious as to your detailed information - facial expressions etc, if you weren't there?

I said I was told that the look on his face was priceless. This really says it all about you though. You'd rather talk about this than actually discuss what happened..says everything really.

If you need to have the work that the forum has done described to you than again that says even more.

At the end of the day you'd rather make petty bitter little comments off topic, instead of discussing it.

Your post exactly:

"When it came to the last motion, you'd all the top table holding their voting cards high looking down on the people, almost pleading for votes to defeat the motion and they didn't come..the look on Franks face when the motion was passed (it needed a 2/3rds by 4 votes.) was priceless,"

Can't you point out which part of that post where you heard the look on his face was priceless?

I do indeed need to have the 'incredible' work of the forum described to me - are they out feeding the poor at Christmas?? Please humour me..

Leaving out the "as I've been told" part I see. And this is exactly what I mean, several posts later, and you still have no comment to make on what happened, instead you're just trying to have a go with me, and too interested in the little bitter parts.

And then, something that annoys me more than your childish remarks, is you state first that you've no idea, that you're clueless on the work of the forum, and then you go and put them down. Which is a joke..

I copied and pasted your exact post - specifically where in relation to Frank's face did I omit some of your post?

I didn't put anyone involved in the forum down - I asked you to give some specific examples of the 'incredible' work they do - you keep talking in broad strokes.

Goddamn it Reillers, I haven't seen you this worked up since you were swooning about Ben O'Connors manly thighs when the strikers were training alone.

Reillers

Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2009, 11:07:31 PM

Your post exactly:

And then, something that annoys me more than your childish remarks, is you state first that you've no idea, that you're clueless on the work of the forum, and then you go and put them down. Which is a joke..

I copied and pasted your exact post - specifically where in relation to Frank's face did I omit some of your post?

I didn't put anyone involved in the forum down - I asked you to give some specific examples of the 'incredible' work they do - you keep talking in broad strokes.

Goddamn it Reillers, I haven't seen you this worked up since you were swooning about Ben O'Connors manly thighs when the strikers were training alone.

You just forgot to copy the part where I said I was told what he looked like, but this is what I mean, you've more interest in trying to wind me up and act like a child then discussing GAA. Important issues at that.

You're  a joke, you'll insult people no end but you have no clue of real GAA issues and you're replies to these posts just confirm that..when anyone is interested in actually discussing what happened fine..but to this type..

longrunsthefox

'Babs' blames Rebels for hurling rows

Writing in the Irish Sun, the Tipperary legend claims Gerald McCarthy's resignation as Cork manager last March paved the way for the disputes which have rocked the Mid-West in recent months.
"The present hurling problems are a result of the Cork strike at the start of this year," he said.
"When Gerald McCarthy resigned, floodgates were seemingly opened for Limerick, Clare and others to have a go. There will be other counties along the way - no one is immune. And Cork let McCarthy down.
"Kilkenny's set-up is perfect - a county board from the lowest club to the top man at board level that is right behind boss Brian Cody. Two areas that have a huge impact are the strength of a county board's support for a manager and the number of players on an inter-county panel.

Agree with Babs here-just a pity someone else didn't say it with his track record for talking shite  :-\

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on December 16, 2009, 11:12:09 PM
Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2009, 11:07:31 PM

Your post exactly:

You just forgot to copy the part where I said I was told what he looked like, but this is what I mean, you've more interest in trying to wind me up and act like a child then discussing GAA. Important issues at that.

You're  a joke, you'll insult people no end but you have no clue of real GAA issues and you're replies to these posts just confirm that..when anyone is interested in actually discussing what happened fine..but to this type..

I do want to talk about GAA issues. 'Important GAA' issues.

I simply want you to put some flesh on the bones as it were to give some detail on the alleged 'incredible' work that the forum have done - if we have some information - we can discuss it.

INDIANA

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 17, 2009, 11:40:58 AM

Writing in the Irish Sun, the Tipperary legend claims Gerald McCarthy's resignation as Cork manager last March paved the way for the disputes which have rocked the Mid-West in recent months.
"The present hurling problems are a result of the Cork strike at the start of this year," he said.
"When Gerald McCarthy resigned, floodgates were seemingly opened for Limerick, Clare and others to have a go. There will be other counties along the way - no one is immune. And Cork let McCarthy down.
"Kilkenny's set-up is perfect - a county board from the lowest club to the top man at board level that is right behind boss Brian Cody. Two areas that have a huge impact are the strength of a county board's support for a manager and the number of players on an inter-county panel.

Agree with Babs here-just a pity someone else didn't say it with his track record for talking shite  :-\

Unfortunately in the 2nd half of the article Babs reverts to type.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: INDIANA on December 17, 2009, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 17, 2009, 11:40:58 AM

Unfortunately in the 2nd half of the article Babs reverts to type.

I know  :D I deleted that. He is a tool.

dowling

Nothing paricularly groundbreaking in those proposals Reillers although to yourself and others it may seem so because it's a 'challange' in your eyes to the CB. Everthing is well and good in theory but in practice, well that's another matter.
How many more delegates will there now be? What speaking time will be allocated? How long might meetings now go on?
Delegates to consult? Let's see what happens when a few clubs are looking to feather their own nest regardless of the impact on others.
No more secret ballots? That's an obvious one. Recriminations? Most likely.
Minutes and agendas? So can nothing be brought up on the night? And if it can then is it discussion among delegates and then back to clubs? More time consumption.
Voting for officers? Does that not happen?
Executive terms? Does that not happen?
I'm not putting down the theory behind all this but in such a large county I don't think some of these proposals are practical and others are nothing new.
Were there no proposals on playing, the gpa, managers or the treatment of them?

And no proposals on how to avoid future strikes?

dowling

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

I wonder what hindsight folk will bring to this old chestnut after that lesson today ?

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

orangeman

Quote from: theskull1 on August 08, 2010, 11:31:15 PM
I wonder what hindsight folk will bring to this old chestnut after that lesson today ?

I was waiting on that one.

So now that you've brought it up, I may as well comment :

In 2008  Gerald took the team to a semi final with KK and to be honest gave a decent account of themselves against a KK team that was rampant ( and still is to be fair ). Cork put it up to them that day for longer than the 15-20 minute spell that they did today. To be honest, the Cork fans could have went home at half time today.

What was all that bullshit about in the winter of 2008 / spring of 2009 ?

I speculated at the time that folk would reflect on the strike and ask "what was it all about ?" and "was it worth it ?".

After today, it's hard to find answers / excuses to those questions. I still struggle with the "The night democaracy won " thing. It didn't count for much today.

Zulu

Go away out of it ffs! Are ye actually suggesting that if Gerald remained in charge that the beating they took today wouldn't have happened? Much of what ye said back then lack rational logic but this takes the biscuit.

dowling

No one was saying that. In fact it was the opposite, that regarless of who was managing Cork the problem was the players. It was disingenuous of the players to claim otherwise. And posters were quite clear in that. Maybe if you stopped trying to defend the indefensible you could understand better what people are saying.  ;)

AZOffaly

I agree with Zulu here. This is pointless and cheap. It's all moot because the main players now have 2 years more on the clock as well, whereas Kilkenny seem to be getting better nearly.

I suppose the one point that may be reinforced to the Cork players is how far off Kilkenny they are *now*. I don't think they ever really appreciated that.