girlfriend - help

Started by youngfella, October 23, 2008, 11:46:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youngfella

Hello, recently the girlfriend and meself have being arguing over silly things, nothing serious. She is a bit older that me and has just finished uni and starting a new job, i still have two years at uni. We were visiting some of her friends at the weekend all seem to have or be having babies. I was strangely quiet and almost anti-social with her friends which I regret, they were all lovely. So on the way home she says that she doesnt think were right for each other cause she feels that we want different things from each other. I dunno what to think or do, we've being two years and Im closer to her than to anyone else. But I dunno what to do really confused, help anyone?
Pull hard and early

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

brokencrossbar1

You need farneyboy 11 to sort this one out!!! Where are you???

Dinny Breen

It's run it's course move on...
#newbridgeornowhere

youngfella

Pull hard and early

amigo

Put a pup in her!! That will keep her quiet ;)

Mentalman

Quote from: youngfella on October 23, 2008, 11:46:02 AM
I dunno what to think or do, we've being two years and Im closer to her than to anyone else.

I think you need to be telling her that, not the rest of the board mate.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Orior

I've a few problems myself, as does the whole country with the fecking price of everything. Where the feck is farneyboy when you need him  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Maximus Marillius

Youngfella....Ask what her aspirations are for the future. Does she see herdelf getting married and having kids...perhaps she doesn't. If she is saying she thinks that you want different things you need to establish the common ground and hopefully the common ground will allow you to move forward. If you dont have a plan of where the two of you are going to, it is no wonder both of you are puzzled. Its good to talk

saffron sam2

Hello, recently the girlfriend and meself have being arguing over silly things, nothing serious. She is a bit older that me and has just finished uni and starting a new job, i still have two years at uni. We were visiting some of her friends at the weekend all seem to have or be having babies. I was strangely quiet and almost anti-social with her friends which I regret, they were all lovely. So on the way home she says that she doesnt think were right for each other cause she feels that we want different things from each other. I dunno what to think or do, we've being two years and Im closer to her than to anyone else. But I dunno what to do really confused, help anyone?

Any photos?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Dinny Breen

Ok time for some pop-psychology

- You are still in Uni she is not, she probably feels this will hold you back as a couple and one less thing you have in common

- You have already made reference to the age difference, it's oviously under-lying issue..

- You transferred your anger with your girlfirend onto her friends and obviously feel they play a part in your relationship demise (Again they sound older than you)

- She has already iniatiated the break-up...

- You probably are more afraid that you meet anyone else and are reluctant to let go...

Basically it's not going to be easy, I wouldn't even remain friends, where there is friendship there can be false hope....just get back in saddle and move on...
#newbridgeornowhere

The Gs Man

QuoteAny photos?

As Saffron Sam says (and football 365)......Rule One her!!!
Keep 'er lit

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Mentalman on October 23, 2008, 12:03:33 PM
I dunno what to think or do, we've being two years and Im closer to her than to anyone else.

I think you need to be telling her that, not the rest of the board mate.
I still think this is a wind up but ,

while not the best person to be dishing out advice on women

i'd say , ditch her, or get her to ditch you
yer too young to get hooked by a woman. Go out chase women, shag women, get rejected by women, play football, drink, chase more women, go to america in the summers and work, drink, play football , chase and shag yankee girls

wait until you have a career , car, lump of cash in the bank before you get too cosy with some woman who you may or may not eventually settle down with.

most fellas I know might regret not putting more into football and maybe regret drinking a bit too much because they got less women because of it. I dont know any man who now regrets going off with too many women or drinking etc when he was younger !

go out there and live life and dont be getting all middle aged when yer still a young lad !

Main Street

This is a popular thread.

Dear Youngfella,
You were probably quiet and anti social because the signs are ramming on the door of your conscious.
The situation looks irretrievable.
Everybody else can see that.
Time to get out with some dignity intact.
Send her some flowers, pink carnations  :-*), along with a nice simple short note of appreciation to her for all the close times you had together which you will always treasure and wishing her success.

FermGael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 23, 2008, 12:06:53 PM
Ok time for some pop-psychology

- You are still in Uni she is not, she probably feels this will hold you back as a couple and one less thing you have in common

- You have already made reference to the age difference, it's oviously under-lying issue..

- You transferred your anger with your girlfirend onto her friends and obviously feel they play a part in your relationship demise (Again they sound older than you)

- She has already iniatiated the break-up...

- You probably are more afraid that you meet anyone else and are reluctant to let go...

Basically it's not going to be easy, I wouldn't even remain friends, where there is friendship there can be false hope....just get back in saddle and move on...

Dinny great stuff. You should be working on This Morning.
If you both want different things, then move on.
Do not stay friends because it only messes things up even more.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered