The Wire (tv drama)

Started by Main Street, October 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Class of 99

I recently had series one box set forced upon me with the promise that this was the best TV show of all time.
I have now watched the first 6 episodes and am still waiting for the magic to begin.
It is watchable, but nothing more I am going to stick with it and hope to be proved wrong but to put this show on the same level as The Sopprano's to me is crazy

mountainboii

Quote from: Class of 99 on October 04, 2009, 08:17:46 AM
I recently had series one box set forced upon me with the promise that this was the best TV show of all time.
I have now watched the first 6 episodes and am still waiting for the magic to begin.
It is watchable, but nothing more I am going to stick with it and hope to be proved wrong but to put this show on the same level as The Sopprano's to me is crazy

Blasphemy!

mc_grens

Keep watching fella, keep watching.

By the way, I'm on my phone so I can't (be arsed) to post photos, but does anybody else think that Omar Little and Randy Moss of the New England Patriots were separated at birth?

Minder

I am also on my phone Mc Grens but here goes........

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mountainboii

Looks more like Cutty to me.

mc_grens

Maybe you're right. You can see it Better when he's beardless. Also when he's playing he has that same hang-dog expression that Omar has above.

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on October 04, 2009, 11:12:14 AM
Maybe you're right. You can see it Better when he's beardless. Also when he's playing he has that same hang-dog expression that Omar has above.

Aye it's probably not the best photo but all the rest he had a helmet on!

mc_grens

Of course. I can hardly complain about that Minder, bearing in mind I didn't bother posting any!

Minder

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on October 13, 2009, 09:43:27 PM
Transcript from David Simons new book, "The Wire, truth be told"

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article6872920.ece
Know what to buy you for Xmas! Five series box set is onsale for less than 70 quid now.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Class of 99 on October 04, 2009, 08:17:46 AM

This is some show alright - just finshing watching series 3, with Series 4 bought on DVD and series 5 taped from BBC2. Class of 99, it is a bit of slow burner at the very start- but definately well worth sticking with!
That was never a square ball!!

Cúig huaire

Got the box set last week and managed to watch the first few episodes over the last couple of days. Series 1 is excellent so far, getting to see some of the characters that I heard about on this thread. Its weird having watched series 4 and 5, knowing what happens to some of the characters, but it is definitely one of my favourite shows ever (if not the favourite).
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

BennyHarp

Just completed watching all 5 series of the show - great stuff!

Did anyone else notice Rawls in the gay bar in series 3 when some people where looking for Omar? I've been waiting to see if this came back on him but was never mentioned or was i seeing things?
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 03, 2009, 07:56:24 PM
Just completed watching all 5 series of the show - great stuff!

Did anyone else notice Rawls in the gay bar in series 3 when some people where looking for Omar? I've been waiting to see if this came back on him but was never mentioned or was i seeing things?
Aye I posted something about this a while back as I also thought it was a hook for a later story but it never materialised. Just a wee glimpse into his life. I think at one point in a later series he mentions something about taking it in the ass or something similar.

Cúig huaire

Is it just me or is series 2 a bit of a let down after series 1? The first seres was excellent, some of the best TV I have ever watched.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.