AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

I have a spare ticket for the Gig in punchestown. Face Value. PM me if interested but try do it today so I can sort ye out in time.

ludermor

I still have 3 tickets myself if anyone is interested. Will take below cost just to get rid of them! ( not trying to Gazump Myles!!! well ok i am..)

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Maguire01

Punchestown is a disaster to get in and out of. Allow plenty of time. Having already seen them in April, the venue this time put me off going - if it had been in Croker or the RDS, i'd be there.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 25, 2009, 01:12:33 PM
Punchestown is a disaster to get in and out of. Allow plenty of time. Having already seen them in April, the venue this time put me off going - if it had been in Croker or the RDS, i'd be there.

Allowing for Traffic would you say about an hour from the airport?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Maguire01

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 25, 2009, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 25, 2009, 01:12:33 PM

Allowing for Traffic would you say about an hour from the airport?
Probably more. Depending on what time you're heading at.

The Iceman

Going to see them in Giants Stadium in July - can't wait.

Thunder!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

TORGAEL

What a show that was yesterday......Angus is a legend !!!

thejuice

Yeah, sounded deadly, a number of non AC/DC fans went along and i bet none left dissappointed. Wembley was class as well, lucky to get home at all though. Thank GOd for delayed trains. Read an article in the Times there, it seems AC/DC have as much a grip on rural Ireland as the GAA if the journo is to be believed.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/weekend/2009/0627/1224249636218.html

Rumours of them touring next year playing all of Back In Black. Would be sweet.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Santino

been to many gigs over the last 10 yrs and that was one of the best!

thebandit

I was at the gig yesterday, wouldn't be a big fan, but it was a good concert. It was an absolute joke trying to get in and out though - nowhere else in Europe would that infrastructure be deemed acceptable.

mylestheslasher

Was at the show. It was tremendous. However, the organisation to let people out was a disgrace and I am surprised no one got hurt. People were knocking barriers and storming towards buses.

under the bar

I've seen a lot of concerts over the past 25 years and that ranks with any.  Simply superb.  Angus Young has the energy of a 20 year old.

Before anyone starts whining about the traffic/buses etc.  remember Punchestown is in the middle of nowhere.  Waht did you expect, a train service??

I parked in Naas and walked in and was back in the car an hour after the gig and straight home, no probs.

Armamike

Fantastic show. I'm not an ACDC fan but went along to this out of interest - always heard they were great live.

I'm not a prude, and like my pint as much as the next man but the amount of piss heads (and i use the word piss deliberately) there would put me off an outdoor concert like this again. Too many people out of their heads acting like low life. A lot of people in this country can't handle their drink. But the band themselves were unreal - especially oul Angus. He can play guitar.

That's just, like your opinion man.