AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

More tickets went up on Ticketmaster yesterday.  I was hoping The Answer would still be opening.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

ludermor

i have got a couple of spare tickets if anyone is looking.

thejuice

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 24, 2009, 08:46:01 AM
Thin Lizzy have had to pull out due to drummer breaking his collarbone in Bike Accident!!!
Disappointing, they have been replaced by the Blizzards! Strange one I would have thought, their indie pop tunes are nice to listen to on the radio and sing along to, they have some good tunes and are prefect for the summer festival scene...... But, I would have my doubts as to how they will be suited to supporting AC/DC!

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 17, 2009, 09:34:07 PM
The double live album in 92 had some songs from the Dublin gig, Sin City was one and pretty certain Thunderstruck has to be from Dublin with the ole,ole. Here is the question I have (I'm expecting the juice at least to know the answer) how many other songs from the album are from the Dublin gig???

Anyone  ???

Sorry was away in France there, I dont know if there are anymore from Dublin than the 2 you mention. Theres a few from Donnington as well.

Sadly I cant make Punchestown anymore, will just have to make do with Wembley Stadium on friday. Gutted about Lizzy but I dont think I'd be able to catch any of the support groups anyway, might even miss the start of AC/DC which would be a crime.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Quote from: Chrisowc on June 24, 2009, 10:20:07 AM
I was hoping The Answer would still be opening.
Are they not?

lfdown2

well not quite opening

Blizzards
The Answer
ACDC

Louth Exile

Quote from: lfdown2 on June 24, 2009, 11:41:21 AM
well not quite opening

Blizzards
The Answer
ACDC

No, the answer are still first on stage, with the Blizzards coming in as a straight replacement for Lizzy
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

thejuice

Glyder would have been a better replacement than the Blizzards. I'd imagine there'll be a scrum at the bar during their set.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

lynchbhoy

Louth Exile

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

quit yo jibbajabba

fellow rockers :)

1.  got tickets for this gig just at weekend off an associate; it has the name of the original purchaser along the end; will this cause problems on the day  (not a regular to these sorts of things!)

2.  additionally, it says on tickets that gates open at 4; roughly what time would acdc be expected on stage; and what time would these other bands you mention be starting it;

coming down from NI, just need an indication of what time to set sail at etc; dont want to go completely mad; as i need to be in some sort of nick for doin a bit of work come monday :-\

Louth Exile

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 24, 2009, 04:22:51 PM
fellow rockers :)

1.  got tickets for this gig just at weekend off an associate; it has the name of the original purchaser along the end; will this cause problems on the day  (not a regular to these sorts of things!)

2.  additionally, it says on tickets that gates open at 4; roughly what time would acdc be expected on stage; and what time would these other bands you mention be starting it;

coming down from NI, just need an indication of what time to set sail at etc; dont want to go completely mad; as i need to be in some sort of nick for doin a bit of work come monday :-\

1. Once the associate is reliable and hasn't printed it ten times with the intention of walking in the gate himself at 4pm then I don't think thats a problem

Car Parks 2pm, Gates 4pm, The Answer 5pm, The Blizzards 6.30pm, AC/DC 8.30

From Dundalk, down the M1, M50, N7 would take just over an hour with a clear run. But you won't get a clear run, so add at least an hour on to that I'd say

Full details on www.mcd.ie

quit yo jibbajabba

Louth Exile - never met the guy before in me life, but he looked honest enough, lol;
ah, twas through a friend of a friend, so dont expect shenanigans;

cheers for directions also; but may be staying with a friend in dublin rather than goin straight there;
you seem a knowledgeable sort ;) should i anticiapte much hassle going from dublin (dunno what part!) to punchestown? 
If said friend were to drive us, would it take him an age or would it not be so bad?

Louth Exile

How longs a piece of string  :D

Depends what part of Dublin, what time of day (the derby is on up the road in the curragh), what car park ye are heading for, and how fast your mate drives  :D