AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Do they play any/many pre Back in Black songs in their concerts?

I have to say that I hate Brian Johnson voice and post Back in Black their songs do not seem to have the humour and tongue in cheek that was prevalent in Bon Scott's delivery.

If you like Bon Scott, try the 1998 album "Bon Scott Rarities".  Brilliant and so unfortunate that he died when he did.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Louth Exile

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 17, 2008, 04:38:09 PM
Quote from: Louth Exile on October 17, 2008, 04:05:58 PM
I was at the gig in the point and I am certain that it was earlier than 96.

Well given that this was released in 92 and had tracks from the gig on it them I had to be

there were two gigs in the point - I was at both (brother who was with me wants me to get two tickets for this new gig).
the 'Razors edge tour' could have been 92 alright (I still have two of the 'Angus Dollar bills that' came down in the 'moneytalks' song) and the 'ballbreaker' tour in 96

I stand corrected LB and I have to say I am disgusted with myself!! Me thinking that I was the big fan with all the albums, the t-shirts, the posters and patch covered Denim and I don't remember anything about a 96 gig (which I obviously wasn't at)  :-[

Most have been so wrapped up the club's run to victory that season that in the words of mettalica "nothing else mattered"  :D

To answer you Denn, Yes they do, check out AC/DC live to see
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

thejuice

When I saw them in 2000 they played mostly Bon SCott era songs. Only Back in Black songs, For those about to rock, thunderstruck and stiff upper lip were played from johnson era.

memory serves me correct they played

problem child
hell aint a bad place to be
bad boy boogie
up to my neck in you
dirty deeds
whole lotta rosie
highway to hell
let there be rock
shot down in flames
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Daily Star has quoted a spokesperson for the band that more dates will be added.

some amount of wankers have tickets on e-bay for as much as a grand
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Quote from: thejuice on October 18, 2008, 06:08:53 PM
some amount of w**kers have tickets on e-bay for as much as a grand

Has anyone else every considered opening false ebay accounts just to bid stupid amounts against such tickets just to mess up these auctions?

Stalin

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2008, 10:16:17 PM

Has anyone else every considered opening false ebay accounts just to bid stupid amounts against such tickets just to mess up these auctions?

That would be a shocking cunty thing to do. Used to have awful problems with that.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Maguire01

Quote from: Stalin on October 18, 2008, 10:28:04 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2008, 10:16:17 PM

That would be a shocking cunty thing to do. Used to have awful problems with that.
Whereas taking tickets away from genuine fans, just so that you can make a mint is a good thing?
It's not something i've ever done myself, but touting is sickening (and a concert is no different that tickets for the AI final) and i wouldn't lose any sleep if such people were inconvenienced.

Stalin

It's a good thing for the seller yeah. It just economics. Obviously fans are going to be aggrieved. The onus is on Ticketmaster et al to practice measures to prevent this, and they seem to have taken positive steps in this regard over the past few years.

Maguire01

Quote from: Stalin on October 18, 2008, 11:08:07 PM
It's a good thing for the seller yeah. It just economics. Obviously fans are going to be aggrieved. The onus is on Ticketmaster et al to practice measures to prevent this, and they seem to have taken positive steps in this regard over the past few years.

Yes, ticketmaster are definitely on top of this one...
http://shop.ebay.ie/items/_W0QQ_nkwZacQ5cdcQ20dublinQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

And i assume you think it's just economics when All Ireland final tickets go up on ebay?

Oh, and drug dealing is good for the seller. And it's just economics. But it's not right.

Stalin

I didn't say they were on top of it, I said they had taken measures in the last few years  :-\

Yes, it's economics at work. Again, I'll emphasise that it's annoying for the average fan when these 3rd parties intervene.

I never said it was 'right.' I wouldn't call it 'wrong' either though.

thebuzz

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 17, 2008, 04:54:56 PM
Do they play any/many pre Back in Black songs in their concerts?

I have to say that I hate Brian Johnson voice and post Back in Black their songs do not seem to have the humour and tongue in cheek that was prevalent in Bon Scott's delivery.

If you like Bon Scott, try the 1998 album "Bon Scott Rarities".  Brilliant and so unfortunate that he died when he did.

I don't hate Brian Johnson's voice but I loved Bon Scott's. I was heartbroken when he died. Luckily I got to see them on the "Highway To Hell" tour in the Ulster Hall in 79. Got to see them with Johnson in 81 and 85 at Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock. Saw them in Dublin sometime after that but I must be gettin oul now as I've lost interest. I'm half deaf as well.

Maguire01

Quote from: Stalin on October 18, 2008, 11:38:51 PM
I didn't say they were on top of it, I said they had taken measures in the last few years  :-\
What have they done?

Stalin

google is your friend here

Maguire01

Does that mean you don't know?

Anyway, i googled it...
http://www.ticketsnow.com/
Ticketmaster bought up a company that resold tickets, so that they could do it themselves... you're right - definitely a positive step in tackling this issue.   ::)

Stalin

Na it didnt mean I dont know. Im sure if you look harder you will find more steps taken. Or did you just ignore them to further whatever point it is you're trying to make?

But anyway, im finished with this debate now.