AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

The only logical reason that they haven't played Slane or Croker is that this isn't a stadium tour and all the venues seem to be smaller arenas, therefore the type of sound system, acoustics etc would be very different. 

One plus point abut it being an indoor gig is that it should be louder!

redboots

When I rang Ticketmaster this morning the pre recorded message tickets didn't go on sale untill 10 which was 10 minutes ago
Red Boots

thejuice

Got a ticket for Birmingham now as well, wa-hey,

Another factor I think AC/DC are playing a small venue, they came in 96 and could only half fill the Point and had to cancel a show in the Odyssey with poor sales. How things change (yet AC/DC stay the same  ;) )

Gerry Ryan announced more dates to be added just a few minutes ago, stay tuned

*****2nd show in London was announced and was sold out in minutes*****
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

billy the kid

will there be any more in Ireland lad
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

thejuice

well they play Dublin on the 18th, then Manchester on the 21st so a date on the 19th might just be possible. but since they already announced London perhaps not sadly. but fingers crossed.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Maguire01

Got 2 first thing. Don't even know if they're seating or standing - just left it as 'best available' so as to waste as little time as possible. Roll on next April!

Quote from: thejuice on October 17, 2008, 10:19:03 AM
Another factor I think AC/DC are playing a small venue, they came in 96 and could only half fill the Point and had to cancel a show in the Odyssey with poor sales. How things change (yet AC/DC stay the same  ;) )

Well they would have had very poor sales for the Odyssey in 1996, saying as it Belfast's Millenium project and wasn't even built!

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Maguire01

Tue 14/04/09
The O2, London

Thu 16/04/09
The O2, London

Sat 18/04/09
The O2, Dublin

Tue 21/04/09
M.E.N. Arena Manchester

Thu 23/04/09
LG Arena Birmingham

Looking at those dates, two things appear clear:
They need 1 clear day to travel between cities - especially likely on either side of the Dublin date, given the overseas element.
They don't appear to want to play 2 nights in a row, given that the second London date isn't directly before or after the first one.

This probably makes the chance of a second Irish date unlikely.

thejuice

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 17, 2008, 01:16:48 PM
Got 2 first thing. Don't even know if they're seating or standing - just left it as 'best available' so as to waste as little time as possible. Roll on next April!

Well they would have had very poor sales for the Odyssey in 1996, saying as it Belfast's Millenium project and wasn't even built!

Well whatever belfast venue it was.

lynchbhoy

I was at that 96 gig (26th june - same night as Germany beat england on penalties) and it was fairly full and loud from what I thought !
Great gig.

Louth Exile

I was at the gig in the point and I am certain that it was earlier than 96.

Well given that this was released in 92 and had tracks from the gig on it them I had to be

St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: under the bar on October 17, 2008, 10:07:43 AM
The only logical reason that they haven't played Slane or Croker is that this isn't a stadium tour and all the venues seem to be smaller arenas, therefore the type of sound system, acoustics etc would be very different. 

They are only playing one venue over 20,000 seats in their North American tour as well - here, twice - once in November and once in January

thejuice

Well I wasnt at those gigs but I was told that they played in the Point in 96 and that it was nowhere near full. But if you were there, I cant really argue.

They would have been on the Ballbreaker tour in 96. In 92 it would have been the Razors-edge tour. They didnt bother with us in 2000 for the Stiff Upper Lip tour, which would suggest there wasnt much interest then. but who knows

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 17, 2008, 04:05:58 PM
I was at the gig in the point and I am certain that it was earlier than 96.

Well given that this was released in 92 and had tracks from the gig on it them I had to be

there were two gigs in the point - I was at both (brother who was with me wants me to get two tickets for this new gig).
the 'Razors edge tour' could have been 92 alright (I still have two of the 'Angus Dollar bills that' came down in the 'moneytalks' song) and the 'ballbreaker' tour in 96