AC/DC in Dublin

Started by Stalin, October 14, 2008, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 12, 2014, 09:20:04 AM
Back in Dublin July 1st Aviva stadium.

As a mate of mine says....I'd rather listen to a kango.
The Aristocrat Years

Boycey

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 12, 2014, 10:40:38 AM

You and your mate have no taste  ;D

Showing my age here but it'll be almost 33 years since I first saw them in Dublin by the time time this gig comes around  :o. I'd prefer they were doing somewhere like the 3Arena but this will have to do..

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2014, 10:59:20 AM

Showing my age here but it'll be almost 33 years since I first saw them in Dublin by the time time this gig comes around  :o. I'd prefer they were doing somewhere like the 3Arena but this will have to do..
the Razors Edge tour??
was excellent gig !
I still have at least one of the Angus Dollar bills!

Boycey

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 12, 2014, 12:15:02 PM

Showing my age here but it'll be almost 33 years since I first saw them in Dublin by the time this gig comes around  :o. I'd prefer they were doing somewhere like the 3Arena but this will have to do..
the Razors Edge tour??
was excellent gig !

Razors Edge would have been 91ish??? with the excellent Kings X supporting them. 82 would have been the For those about to Rock tour. I was a very excitable 14 year old on his first trip out into the big bad world. Christ I'm getting old

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2014, 01:22:31 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 12, 2014, 12:15:02 PM

Showing my age here but it'll be almost 33 years since I first saw them in Dublin by the time this gig comes around  :o. I'd prefer they were doing somewhere like the 3Arena but this will have to do..
the Razors Edge tour??
was excellent gig !

Razors Edge would have been 91ish??? with the excellent Kings X supporting them. 82 would have been the For those about to Rock tour. I was a very excitable 14 year old on his first trip out into the big bad world. Christ I'm getting old

How the feck did you get let go to that at your age, I'm a year older and wasn't let go, the brother went. We have 7 definitely wanting to go in my family, aged 14 to 52, it will be hard to get tickets.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

charlieTully

€87.50   it's a bit steep. Seen them in Kings hall early 90s and punchestown. Two brilliant gigs but couldn't justify paying that for a one off day.

Maguire01

That's a ridiculous price alright, especially when you factor in all the other costs.

Boycey

Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2014, 03:59:10 PM
€87.50   it's a bit steep. Seen them in Kings hall early 90s and punchestown. Two brilliant gigs but couldn't justify paying that for a one off day.

Fairly run of the mill price I'd say? I took a notion the other day I wanted to go to Fleetwood Mac. The tickets when I went to my local ticketmaster outlet were €135 EACH, I passed on them...

One thing that makes me slightly cross is the date. July 1st is just after the longest day, Id say we'll not get the full effect of their lightshow.

charlieTully

Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2014, 04:26:23 PM

Fairly run of the mill price I'd say? I took a notion the other day I wanted to go to Fleetwood Mac. The tickets when I went to my local ticketmaster outlet were €135 EACH, I passed on them...

One thing that makes me slightly cross is the date. July 1st is just after the longest day, Id say we'll not get the full effect of their lightshow.

The last three gigs I was at were therapy in mandela hall £13 biffy Clyro at belsonic £30 and electric picnic  €170 approx which is numerous bands over three days. I couldn't afford 87.50 and all the other costs the go with it. Wish I could it will  be a brilliant  day.

Boycey

Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2014, 04:37:28 PM
Quote from: Boycey on December 12, 2014, 04:26:23 PM

The last three gigs I was at were therapy in mandela hall £13 biffy Clyro at belsonic £30 and electric picnic  €170 approx which is numerous bands over three days. I couldn't afford 87.50 and all the other costs the go with it. Wish I could it will  be a brilliant  day.

Yeah mate I hear what you are saying, my point was just that the size of a band they are and what their peers are charging I wasn't one bit surprised at what the price is.

Hopefully Santa will be good to you and you get a ticket  ;)

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Boycey

Quote from: gerrykeegan on December 17, 2014, 09:10:41 AM
5 on the pitch. Yehaaaa

Good man, bagged 4 for the pitch myself... Looks like there'll be plenty of us golden oldies there going by the others I know who have also been lucky...

Heres a wee tune to warm you up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XYEeD1A1U

clarshack

got 2 tickets myself. never seen them in concert before so looking forward to it :)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: clarshack on December 17, 2014, 03:53:00 PM
got 2 tickets myself. never seen them in concert before so looking forward to it :)
Despite Malcolm young missing you will enjoy it - they always put on a hell of a show!!

Don't think I will go to this one.
The razors edge and ballbreaker shows will never be topped!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 17, 2014, 07:14:36 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 17, 2014, 03:53:00 PM
Despite Malcolm young missing you will enjoy it - they always put on a hell of a show!!

Don't think I will go to this one.
The razors edge and ballbreaker shows will never be topped!

Two great shows, but this would have been the way to see them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj56AySck9E