Club in Belfast to join

Started by Longshanks, October 12, 2008, 12:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on October 19, 2008, 06:22:54 PM
Although a theoretical argument, I believe that were St Gall's placed in Down Div1 (or Div 2), they would struggle. 

ITOB that's a pretty big jump you've made from AI finalists to struggling in Down division 2.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Longshanks

Although a theoretical argument, I believe that were St Gall's placed in Down Div1 (or Div 2), they would struggle. 

Down football is at an all time low at present whereas Antrim is probably at its zenith.  Still the Down Champs (who have never displayed any Ulster ambition) can hold to just two points Antrim's Champs (a team that gets outa Antrim easy and who strongly aspire for wider recognition).  You will not be surprised, therefore, that I cannot accept your argument.

Returning to the question posed in this thread I would summarise by saying:
any footballing newcomer to Belfast who is top class may have a chance at St Galls but will have to compete with the headbangers that are revered by that club and face playing, for the most part, crap games week in week out. 

Whereas playing in Down offers a chance to play in a Co with a proven GAA pedigree, a rich GAA heritage where the game comes first and no culchie v city faction exists to marr things.  Also, compare the number of AI Club championship titles Antrim and Down clubs have won?

To be honest I just want to get a team where Il enjoy the craic get in a few matches, I'm not great but enjoy playing.. probably the thirds bench would do me but you never know, I could just be a rough diamond!! :P

imtommygunn

ITOB it's a ridiculous statement that st galls would struggle in down division 1 or division 2.

Antrim football may be poor but st galls would survive in division 1 in any county in ireland. They have beat the best you have to offer a number of times on the ulster stage now and the best you have to offer has dominated your county. I would guess with that statement you're clearly on the wind up.

imtommygunn

The south antrim board is rubbish which incorporates the city.

North and south west antrim boards are not.

In south belfast you should join bedagh or st brigids. They each have a few teams to cater for ability.

full back

A complete rocket & has to be a WUM :D

Guillem2

Quote from: full back on October 20, 2008, 12:25:34 PM

Correct. That ones a clown and always has been. Look back at his posts.

Having said that, and given where the lad lives, he should join Bredagh. I know some of them and they aren't as daft as Onion Bag.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

dodgy umpire

Quote from: imagine on October 20, 2008, 10:05:23 AM

Fair play to St Galls,thriving amongst this sh.t. but Longshanks should make up an address and join St Pauls(he can use my address)
and Doohicky join the foreign legion at Bredagh although St Galls have a lot of immigrants also.

a silly wee snipe at a club successfully promoting the GAA in south belfast
The Boys in Red and Black are back

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: full back on October 20, 2008, 12:25:34 PM

What a WUM? Is this Sth Antrim Ulster Scots

Square Ball

I was just looking back at this, and well there was no conclusion arrived at... so who did you all join?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid