Pat Gilroy new manager - Poll for Dub fans Only Please

Started by under the bar, October 10, 2008, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with Pat Gilroy's appointment as manager?

Yes - good appointment
23 (41.1%)
No - bad appointment
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Billys Boots

Quote3 for crokes

Is Brian Kavanagh starting for Crokes?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 14, 2008, 09:17:34 AM
Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2008, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 13, 2008, 11:12:26 AM
and I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy or vincents club members
Ahem, normal speak = I actually don't have a clue.
Yes, best not to disclose any 'info' in case they track you down.
yep, you actually dont have a clue so rather than trot out your best bully boy lines
how about you stick to what you know in the safe yet futureless classroom (some day you might even make principal!)

as for Gilroys shrewdness, well its been noted around Dublin eminating from his clubmates, plus he's pulled a few nifty deals in the business world - but you know even less about that kind of thing so I'll spare you that too  :D

You always know a man's well beaten when he's using emoticons to back himself up. 'pulled a few nifty deals in the business world ' - one of the most ridiculos arguments for being a county manager I've ever heard.
'
Fair enough I'll stand back and not bully you any more. As someone pointed out, it's not fair.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Uladh

This strikes me as the first "director of football" type of appointment and could possibly work ok. i'm assuming gilroy will be an overseer making sure all of the pieces are in place and conditions are maximised for team and coaching staff to work in.

This worked well in armagh with kernan in that type of role, grimley taking care of the coaching and tactics and McCloskey taking care of fitness.

A genuine question Lynchboy -

I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy

Are there players who have played under gilroy and if so, where?

ONeill

Surely someone can attempt to define Gilroy's approach to the game. Kernan, Harte, Coleman, Boylan, OMahony, McGrath etc all have a clearly defined methodology. Is he a diciplinarian, fitness/strength fan, workrate centred etc etc? Or is this a Ryan/McGeeney appointment in that it's a shot-in-the-dark? Or is he there as an overseer of Team Dublin?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Uladh on October 14, 2008, 10:53:53 AM

This strikes me as the first "director of football" type of appointment and could possibly work ok. i'm assuming gilroy will be an overseer making sure all of the pieces are in place and conditions are maximised for team and coaching staff to work in.

This worked well in armagh with kernan in that type of role, grimley taking care of the coaching and tactics and McCloskey taking care of fitness.

A genuine question Lynchboy -

I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy

Are there players who have played under gilroy and if so, where?
coached /managed teams in Vincents
and yes, he will be the front man with whelan (who he has worked with prev) concentrating on the football coaching and style of play.
Obv at a guess and we dont know what the men have agreed.

as for oneill's attempts to claim some kind of victory - well its obvious that you are as ignorant about the real world as much as you are about making a decent wage and football outside of tyrone!
and  :)

Uladh

What sort of coaching LB? reserves? minors? underage?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Uladh on October 14, 2008, 11:48:20 AM
What sort of coaching LB? reserves? minors? underage?
coaching/mgt of all of those and some adult teams too I believe.
while impressive he may have been for some of the nepotic vincents club members that were telling me
it still doesnt qualify him as an intercounty manager.
However his role is that of diplomatic front man , and as he has worked along wih whelan already, its a partnership they know that works.
Whelan was not allowed take the title role for Dublin. Theres always politics behind such moves, and no - I wont be disclosing  this.

Uladh

well on this ooccasion i know the story with whelan. he's not the man for the dublin job.

the reason i'm interested in gilroy is because i'm wondering if he'd get shot of whelan in a years time or if he'd have the authority to.

Obviously gilroy was a payer under whelan but where did they wor together?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Uladh on October 14, 2008, 11:59:36 AM

well on this ooccasion i know the story with whelan. he's not the man for the dublin job.

the reason i'm interested in gilroy is because i'm wondering if he'd get shot of whelan in a years time or if he'd have the authority to.

vincents

Gold

Quote from: Billys Boots on October 14, 2008, 09:18:47 AM
Quote3 for crokes

Is Brian Kavanagh starting for Crokes?

yeah played whole game at No. 13--was useless, no points from play or frees--not strong enough--ran round in circles and got ball turned over--won one free
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Billys Boots

He's been like that for Longford too - all since he got the smell of himself.   ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Uladh

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 14, 2008, 12:42:39 PM

vincents

I'm aware of that, i'm wondering at what level within vincents he has coached given he hasn't coached the senior team?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Uladh on October 14, 2008, 04:46:24 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 14, 2008, 12:42:39 PM

vincents

I'm aware of that, i'm wondering at what level within vincents he has coached given he hasn't coached the senior team?
from what the lads tell me , he had a bit to do with a lot of teams up to and inc the senior side.

ONeill

The hilarity of LB's supposed knowledge on Gilroy is brightening up my day.

Keep er lit old man.

Main Street

Not one of the 56 ;D Dubs have dared to challenge Lynchboy's inside wisdom on this matter.