Pat Gilroy new manager - Poll for Dub fans Only Please

Started by under the bar, October 10, 2008, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with Pat Gilroy's appointment as manager?

Yes - good appointment
23 (41.1%)
No - bad appointment
33 (58.9%)

Total Members Voted: 56

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on October 12, 2008, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 12, 2008, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 12, 2008, 01:48:04 PM
Ok, when beaten, resort to green-eyed insults as is the form.

Sometimes Lynchbhoy, I think you're:

a) permanently plastered
b) living in a parallel universe
c) committed
d) delusional.

Phone a friend if you want.

Answer this - what do you know about Gilroy that suggests he is 'shrewder' that Caffey? Just one example will suffice.
I think this was the first 'insult'
"Be honest - you're talking shit again."

so thats another 'F minus' for you  :D

as for your multiple choice list - typical lack of imagination from the 'slow lane drivers' of modern (business) life!  :D
What I know of Gilroy (and have heard plenty from reliable fellas and old workmates in Vincents)  leads me to be confident he will be a heck of a lot better - though thats not too hard imo.

now run along back to preaching to them kids - they cant answer back !

So, for the third time - no answer apart from 'pub talk'. Still no evidence of Gilroy's shrewdness. Even a small sample?
Also, slowly it's unravelling - were you always in the corner with the 'D' on your head? Serious chip there.

Remember - Those Who Can, Teach. Those Who Can't, Do. (or become barstool critics)
so no comment about being wrong regarding who started throwing insults ?

as for those who can teach rubbish - whats your excuse for the likes of pat spillane or luke dempsey

and I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy or vincents club members - its not a wee schoolkid yer attempting to intimidate and bully now!
I think that I would have a better knowledge of the dublin club scene than yourself (and a lot of other things too it appears - like work and common sense!) :D

Denn Forever

In this time of rapid change in the economy, its good to see some things don't change.  Start a thread and see it degenerate into a cat fight.  Ahh.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

his holiness nb

In fairness to Lynchboy, he would have a better insight into Dublin club football than many Dubs, me included, and was only giving his opinion of Gilroy so I dont see where this all turned into a bitchfest.

Maybe it was the suggestion that Tyrone arent the greatest team even and dont have the best 15 players in the country. That sort of talk is not accepted round here  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 13, 2008, 01:37:57 PM
In fairness to Lynchboy, he would have a better insight into Dublin club football than many Dubs, me included, and was only giving his opinion of Gilroy so I dont see where this all turned into a bitchfest.

Maybe it was the suggestion that Tyrone arent the greatest team even and dont have the best 15 players in the country. That sort of talk is not accepted round here  ;D
thanks HH
being pedantic though the tyronies have the best 'team'  - just dont corner the market for all the individuals is what I said/meant.

but i am sure the tyronies know the ins and outs of dublin club football better than the rest of us !

Looking forward to Gilroy's (whelans) tenure already !

under the bar

OK no point in letting this run forever so have locked voting.

Out of 56 votes cast, 60% feel it's a bad appointment and 40% a good appointment.

Any resident Dubs feel that this is reflective of the views within the county?

dubinhell

Quote from: under the bar on October 13, 2008, 02:49:36 PM
Out of 56 votes cast, 60% feel it's a bad appointment and 40% a good appointment.

Any resident Dubs feel that this is reflective of the views within the county?

You can fee anything you want.....most reasonable supporters would wait till after the League to form an opinion. Gilroy/Whelan was the best of the available choices.

his holiness nb

Cant comment on feeling within the county as I dont live there.

People are concerned about the total lack of experience.
that said, its possible he will be a good manager. Just a big risk to take.

If he does well people will commend the county board for their bravery in giving a new guy a chance. If not, it will be seen as a ludicrous decision.

Only time will tell.  I'd be happy to have my "bad decision" vote proved wrong!
Ask me holy bollix

ONeill

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 13, 2008, 11:12:26 AM

and I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy or vincents club members

Ahem, normal speak = I actually don't have a clue.

Yes, best not to disclose any 'info' in case they track you down.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

witnof

The combination may actually work, yes its a risk but hey.

Gilroy been MD of Dalkia and nearly getting Mulvihills job surely has managment ability, and running the Dublin panel this is required. Behind him he will have Whelan who clearly knows a thing or two about the game despite the hard time he had in his year managing Dublin. The experience may have been invaluable, and the second bite at the cheery may be grabbed. Along with them Dr. Pat M. will add another intelligent dimension in getting the players to their peak.

I think the 3 complement each other in their skill sets, the question is can they blend them together and become our Holy Trinity ;D

paddypastit

QuoteDr. Pat M.
Uh... who?  Am i missing something (work is dangerous for stuff like that)
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

INDIANA

niall moyna is the other cog in the wheel not sure who pat m is - maybe its the guy out of father ted perhaps? its a good perspective 60/40 against, most people don;t think its a good appointment .
after watching tonights county semi finals, the new men may need rosary beads and holy water form lourdes the fare was so poor.

Gold

Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2008, 10:23:41 PM
niall moyna is the other cog in the wheel not sure who pat m is - maybe its the guy out of father ted perhaps? its a good perspective 60/40 against, most people don;t think its a good appointment .
after watching tonights county semi finals, the new men may need rosary beads and holy water form lourdes the fare was so poor.

yeah 2nite was poor enough fare alright--Vaughan converted about 2 frees outta 15 and hid away from plenty of others within his range. Mossy was ok in fits and starts. Think Bernard Brogan is the best forward Dublin have now-nothing new on show 2nite. Magee caught a sight of ball in the 1st half but then stopped--this wouldnt do against Tyrone--there was nothing that caught my eye 2nite from any Dub bar current county panelists
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Bensars

Quote from: INDIANA on October 13, 2008, 10:23:41 PM

As a matter of interest, how many non dubliners were in the 4 semi finalist teams ?

INDIANA

4 starters for vincents and 2 subs who came on.
3 for crokes.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ONeill on October 13, 2008, 05:46:15 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 13, 2008, 11:12:26 AM
and I dont have to disclose any info to you that I have received from players who have played under gilroy or vincents club members
Ahem, normal speak = I actually don't have a clue.
Yes, best not to disclose any 'info' in case they track you down.
yep, you actually dont have a clue so rather than trot out your best bully boy lines
how about you stick to what you know in the safe yet futureless classroom (some day you might even make principal!)

as for Gilroys shrewdness, well its been noted around Dublin eminating from his clubmates, plus he's pulled a few nifty deals in the business world - but you know even less about that kind of thing so I'll spare you that too  :D