Tyrone v Armagh - Ulster Championship 2009

Started by Kerry Mike, October 08, 2008, 08:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Pat McEneaney is the Referee for the game

maddog

Hank Everlast

Tyrone have concerns over several players.

Allstar wing-back Davy Harte went off with an ankle problem late on in Errigal Ciaran's away win over Loughmacrory, while star forward Stephen O'Neill's attempt to improve his match fitness appeared to backfire.

O'Neill scored two goals for Clann na nGael against Killyman, one from the penalty spot, but pulled up and was taken off seemingly due to his troublesome knee flaring up again.

Ryan Mellon, who can feature at midfield or in attack, failed to line out at all for his club Moy against Galbally, having hurt ankle ligaments recently.

His club and county colleague Colm Cavanagh was sent off, but the suspension will relate only to club action.

Armamike

If i were a Tyrone supporter i'd be worried about Stephen O'Neill longer term with Tyrone if that is the same problem he's had a couple of years now? If so, it doesn't look good for him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Armamike on May 18, 2009, 01:03:17 PM
If i were a Tyrone supporter i'd be worried about Stephen O'Neill longer term with Tyrone if that is the same problem he's had a couple of years now? If so, it doesn't look good for him.

I've the same problem myself. Cannot get rid of it... for 3 years now! I've had an operation, injections, about 40 phsyio sessions! Still no use!

If he, or Owen Hargreaves, does actually beat it, I'll be on the phone to them!

Fuzzman

I'd say Stevie is very disappointed after sitting out all (most) of last season & making the comeback at the start of this year to now find he's back were he was 2 years ago. He probably thinks he has a point to prove to a lot of fans & neutrals this year so in my book he's is own worst enemy for not resting it but who am I to say.

He's always been mad keen to play even when not totally fit so I'd expect him to be a bit part player this year and not rest it properly again.

up tyrone

Not the same injury,he had a fracture in his kneecap.

red hander

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 18, 2009, 05:24:05 PM
I'd say Stevie is very disappointed after sitting out all (most) of last season & making the comeback at the start of this year to now find he's back were he was 2 years ago. He probably thinks he has a point to prove to a lot of fans & neutrals this year so in my book he's is own worst enemy for not resting it but who am I to say.

He's always been mad keen to play even when not totally fit so I'd expect him to be a bit part player this year and not rest it properly again.

It'd be a shame if he was driving himself to prove a point ... he has absolutely nothing to prove to Tyrone people

illdecide

Well we all know what a fit SON is capable off, i rate him the best forward in Ireland (if fit) at the minute. With the match less than 2 weeks away and SON struggling along with Dooher not match fit Armagh have a bigger chance against Tyrone than most people think. I actually fancy the match for a draw and Tyrone to win the replay by 2pts...Remember you heard it hear first, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if Armagh sneaked a 1 point win. We all know how Armagh can play when writen off as underdogs...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

qub la la la

Quote from: illdecide on May 18, 2009, 11:39:52 PM
Well we all know what a fit SON is capable off, i rate him the best forward in Ireland (if fit) at the minute. With the match less than 2 weeks away and SON struggling along with Dooher not match fit Armagh have a bigger chance against Tyrone than most people think. I actually fancy the match for a draw and Tyrone to win the replay by 2pts...Remember you heard it hear first, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if Armagh sneaked a 1 point win. We all know how Armagh can play when writen off as underdogs...

written off being the understatement in this case. Cant see it but I'd be absolutly delighted to be proved wrong.

In the words of Kevin Keegan "I would love it if we beat them, love it"

David McKeown

Am I right in thinking this game would need to be level after two sets of extra time in order to go to a replay?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

ONeill

So you've called a win for both sides and a draw.

You've heard it here hear first.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: hardstation on May 19, 2009, 12:14:35 AM
What is "two sets of extra time"?

In the event of a draw, two 10 minute periods of extra time, if level after that, two further 5 minute periods of extra time. A replay if still level after those.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

David McKeown

Yeah Fear's description is what I meant although I thought the second set was 10 minutes as well
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

Jasus lads i forgot about that extra time...Sorry. In that case it'll be a draw in both normal time and extra time then illdecide who wins it...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch