New York Hotels

Started by Off The Fence, October 08, 2008, 04:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off The Fence

Taking the wife over shopping at the start of December.

Anyone with any help on Hotels?  Looking about but all pretty steep.  Was looking at a central enough location, not a kick in the arse off Times Square, suppose you might be looking at a bit steep!

Any help?

venter

try "name your own price" on www.priceline.com . It was recommended to me on this site a couple of months ago. I saved over 50% on the prices listed on most other hotel websites.

See http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8917.0

lynchbhoy

fitzpatricks grand central is good, small rooms but central to most things you want to go see and 4 or 5 blocks from times sq.
I have stayed in other hotels and found them to be a touch shabby/tad dirty and all equally as small and noisy.

I would like to think that Fitz grand central is still as clean and friendly as it was...
tripadvisor is yer only man...

thebandit

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 08, 2008, 05:04:02 PM
fitzpatricks grand central is good, small rooms but central to most things you want to go see and 4 or 5 blocks from times sq.
I have stayed in other hotels and found them to be a touch shabby/tad dirty and all equally as small and noisy.

I would like to think that Fitz grand central is still as clean and friendly as it was...

Its very dear for what it is imo

lynchbhoy

Quote from: thebandit on October 08, 2008, 06:14:26 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 08, 2008, 05:04:02 PM

Its very dear for what it is imo
I paid more for the so called four star raddisson a wee bit up the road and round the corner a couple of years later
smaller, darker, dirtier and noisier.
No hotel is cheap in NY. They are ALL overpriced for what you get.
I got decent rates on hotels.com a few years back.

wanderer

www. hotwire.com was pretty decent for me a while back.

Also Chelsea Hotel was pretty reasonable. Slightly south of centre but easy to walk/commute from and to

The Corporal

Milford plaza, great hotel, great locaton, cheap enough

J70

Quote from: wanderer on October 08, 2008, 08:48:45 PM

www. hotwire.com was pretty decent for me a while back.

Also Chelsea Hotel was pretty reasonable. Slightly south of centre but easy to walk/commute from and to

Its only on 23rd Street! 5 minute subway journey from Times Square, tops. With the transport options in NYC, I don't why everyone is obsessed with staying in midtown. Its easy, fast and cheap to get around the city using the subways, while NYC is probably the easiest city anywhere to navigate.

comethekingdom

Fitzpatricks Grand central is first class. I know it may be a little expensive but it is central. Remember, hotels in NYC are priced more by location.