Irish mercenaries, unionist coat trailers and the Bard of Dunclug

Started by Donagh, October 08, 2008, 11:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 05:43:12 PM
QuoteCan't see how the board could be implicated though i assume there are posts which I didn't see where the bard true identity is "outed". Can't think how you could sue for this. Possible breach of privacy but I think its very unlikely.
The Bard had the email address "cllrneillarmstrong@hotmail.com" for public viewing on his profile   :D  Can't see a legal case there.

Right enough. And he's since admitted that is his email address hasn't he?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

pintsofguinness

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 12, 2008, 05:46:57 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 05:43:12 PM
QuoteCan't see how the board could be implicated though i assume there are posts which I didn't see where the bard true identity is "outed". Can't think how you could sue for this. Possible breach of privacy but I think its very unlikely.
The Bard had the email address "cllrneillarmstrong@hotmail.com" for public viewing on his profile   :D  Can't see a legal case there.

Right enough. And he's since admitted that is his email address hasn't he?
Well an fear rua put up something from some website that lists it as a contact address.  He's never denied it wasn't him making the other comments. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

dodo

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on October 12, 2008, 07:52:34 PM
It's even made the football365 site

http://forum.football365.com/index.php?t=msg&th=136629&start=0&

QuoteThe Bard of Dunclug [message #4728288] Sun, 12 October 2008 19:48 
Veritas

Quote:

AN Ulster Unionist councillor has said his life has been ruined by someone impersonating him to make violent and sectarian comments on a GAA website.
Neil Armstrong, a member of Ballymena Borough Council, has had his reputation damaged by the remarks which he made clear were not made by him.

He said he had previously contributed to the www.gaaboard.com site, under the name the Bard of Dunclug, engaging in debates about the GAA and political affairs.

But this week postings began appearing in his own name, talking about killing people who contributed to the site and the "pleasure" this would involve.

Mr Armstrong - who is known inside the UUP for his liberal and non sectarian views, and an easy-going nature - said: "i honestly don't know who would do this.

"Anyone who knows me in Ballymena, whether they are nationalist or unionist, knows this is not me.

"It has just ruined my life."

The full article contains 163 words and appears in n/a newspaper.

Posted less than 5 minutes before you posting here......suspicious, very suspicious. 

Two Hands FFS

his holiness nb

Damage limitation from Neill, so he now doesnt deny the previous posts in which he "engaged in debate" by asking why Celtic fans dont go back home as the famine is over, and other vile comments about paedophilia among other topics.
He just hopes these comments arent also picked up by the media as he cant deny them.

Sounds like a desperate, desperate man.

Even without the death post, which was quite obviously written by the same person as the previous posts, which he doesnt deny was him!!, the others dont exactly show him to be the open minded liberal his mates would have us believe.

Guilty as f**k!
Ask me holy bollix

Arthur_Friend

ONeill

Hard to know HS - a bit of initial confusion I suppose.

I remember smashing the wife's favourite plate one morning. I could hear her coming down the stairs and in sheer panic I set myself on fire on purpose to deflect attention.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 12, 2008, 08:53:08 PM
Hard to know HS - a bit of initial confusion I suppose.

I remember smashing the wife's favourite plate one morning. I could hear her coming down the stairs and in sheer panic I set myself on fire on purpose to deflect attention.

Did she notice you?
MWWSI 2017

Minder

Just saw this on official Antrim website guestbook......

Name : Full Of ???         11 October 2008

Just to let Doctor........

Reply :You might well get away with posting this type of crap on another webiste that allows this sort of nonsense, but it wont happen here. This sort of vile and filthy abuse is not tolerated on this site or any other forum that exerts even a modicum of control over what is posted. Contemptible, anonymous lunatics like you are the cause of serious personal abuse and unacceptable pressures on players, coaches and managers. Their family lives have been affected by some of the comments posted on "GAABoard" and the County Chairman called for this website to be shut down in his speech to convention last year. We are certain that if you were prepared to identify yourself, he would gladly let you know exactly the harm that has been done to individuals and families as result of comments posted on this wewbsite. Undoubtedly a coward like you won't do that!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

What was posted to spark that reply?

(this is all getting to be mad craic!)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2008, 09:26:26 PM
What was posted to spark that reply?

(this is all getting to be mad craic!)

Dunno as it was all edited, Mc Sparran does quite lot of the replies on that guestbook & replies like that are very common
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

The reples on the official Antrim website are hilarious. They always sound like the person writing them is foaming at the mouth. Who does the county chairman think he is, asking for an independent website to be shut down?

Arthur_Friend

MW

Quote from: sledge hammer on October 11, 2008, 04:14:20 PM
havent seen many of our owc friends coming out to slate mr armstrong for this. whereare our guardians of morality and righteousness evil genius/sammyg/MW?

Believe it or not old son, I don't read anything like all the threads on this forum. Having glanced at the first page I decided I didn't have the inclination to get involved in what looked like a fairly predictable thread. Have only come back to it thanks to the media attention. Fairly mind-boggling it is too having read it, and if it was indeed Cllr Armstrong who made these reprehensible remarks he should resign his council seat and be disciplined by his party.

"Guardian of morality and righeousness", BTW...aye, alright :D