Itunes problems

Started by his holiness nb, October 03, 2008, 08:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Cant connect to the store, getting a message "itunes could not connect to the itunes store, and unknown error occured (-3212)
make sure your network connection is active and try again"

Nothing wrong with the connection, as I'm posting here! Any ideas?
Ask me holy bollix

Lar Naparka

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 03, 2008, 08:34:12 PM
Cant connect to the store, getting a message "itunes could not connect to the itunes store, and unknown error occured (-3212)
make sure your network connection is active and try again"

Nothing wrong with the connection, as I'm posting here! Any ideas?
Are you using VIsta and did
you install the latest service pack?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

The Watcher Pat

See the blue screen of death thread...Apparently theres problems with "apple" itunes and "microsoft" vista...not good at this stuff myself but that thread might help....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

Welll your Holiness ...you get it fixed? My mates having the same problems now......
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

his holiness nb

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on October 05, 2008, 09:10:18 AM
Welll your Holiness ...you get it fixed? My mates having the same problems now......

Havent tried since I posted that Pat. Will have a look later and let you know. Its windows XP I have, not Vista.
Ask me holy bollix

Lar Naparka

Havent tried since I posted that Pat. Will have a look later and let you know. Its windows XP I have, not Vista.

If it's not Vista, I would consider two things first before hitting the panic button.
Can you set a Restore Point?
Best way to bring up the System Restore Wizard (I think that's what it's called) is to go Start> All Programs> Accessories > System Tools> System Restore (Phew!)
That brings up the wizard. Choose the first one to set an earlier point.
Use the < thingy to go back in time until you go beyond the date you installed ITunes.
Click on the first highlighted day you see, when you go beyond that date.
The wiz will now roll back your system settings to the way they were on that date.
(This will remove the ITunes installation - and anything else that you have added since.)
Don't worry; if this doesn't do the bizz, you can follow the wizard again to undo that restoration and set the point to today's date. You would also be wise to re-install the other stuff that is now deleted, one by one, and test your system each time. Leave ITunes to the very last.
If ITunes horses things up again, it will very probably be a faulty driver that is causing the problem. This is a common problem under Vista with the latest service pack and the ITunes website has a patch for the driver.
I don't really know if the XP driver can cause problems or not. If you don't find a patch advertised on this website, I'd download the latest driver for your program and install it anyway.
Now, you could go straight to this option and bypass the wiz and his antics, but if installing a new driver doesn't succeed, you may still need to do a system restore as the prob could be that another program is lashing with ITunes.
Let me know how you get on.

BTW: Donal, ya poor devil, your 'mate' stands a fair chance of coming up with an answer to nb's problem but wouldn't have a notion how to deal with yours; for one thing, he doesn't wear a white coat.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

his holiness nb

Thanks a mill, will give it a whizz over the next few days (can never be sure of a chance with the baby!!) and let you know if it worked.
Ask me holy bollix