DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Your leaving it at that becasue Ive called your bluff about Dublin being forced to play double headers and fans missing out on tickets. Your only example was Armagh in 03 in the qualifiers and when I check it out there was only 63,000 at the game so a double header wasnt an issue.

Tyrone Dreamer

Getting back to football this has the makings of a decent 1st game of the league. From a Tyrone point of view it would be nice to see some of the players who didnt start at the end of last year but who would be close to making the team. The likes of PJ Quinn,Cathal McCarron,Kevin Hughes,Brian McGuigan,Colm Cavanagh,Raymie Mulgrew,Owen Mulligan,Stephen O'Neill.

INDIANA

You've haven't called anyone's bluff dreamer, the fact that you can't read back a few pages is not my problem. Kerry v dublin in 2004, moving derry v dublin to clones in 2004, i could call up leinster championship games in the last 3 years but i couldn't be arsed, its freely available information You'd still claim not to have seen them. I've made my point , enjoy the match.

Tyrone Dreamer

You havent made your point. You've picked out two games that were stand alone fixtures not double headers that you keep complaining about. One of them was a Derry home game - do you's not expect never to play away games? Even the Derry game was moved to Clones and didnt come close to selling out so how were Dublin fans denied tickets for it? You havent given 1 example of a Dublin double header that the gaa apparently keep making Dublin play in that was a sell out.

his holiness nb

Quote from: his holiness nb on December 29, 2008, 02:35:51 PM
Not sure if this has been answered, but does anyone know how the parnell pass holders are catered for for this game?

First sign of madness, quoting yourself!!

But can anyone answer this?
Ask me holy bollix

screenexile

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on December 31, 2008, 03:30:09 PM
You havent made your point. You've picked out two games that were stand alone fixtures not double headers that you keep complaining about. One of them was a Derry home game - do you's not expect never to play away games? Even the Derry game was moved to Clones and didnt come close to selling out so how were Dublin fans denied tickets for it? You havent given 1 example of a Dublin double header that the gaa apparently keep making Dublin play in that was a sell out.

And the Dub fans didn't even enter the ground til halfway through the match after the Ireland game!

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't when it comes to the Dubs. "We want more games in Croke Park" yet there is a mountain of complaints here when you have to play Tyrone there. Then you have the "We want to be treated like everyone else" yet there's another mountain of complaints when they have to go to Longford and fans miss out on tickets, yet as stated in the game aginst Derry in 2004 there was a paltry crowd.

Dublin imo are luckier than most fans about the place and if ye had a more successful team there would be a lot less complaining out of ye. Dubs should consider the shoe being on the other foot for fans from other counties who would be only too happy to have their game moved from a small stadium holding a few thousand to an 83,000 sellout game in the Countries greatest stadium... make up your minds lads you can't have it both ways!!!!

marty88

Dublin fans complaining that the game is been played in Croke park allowing their loyal fanbase more tickets to watch the game.

Dublin fans complaining about been denied tickets to watch their team in the past.

Is it just me that doesn't get it?
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tankie on December 31, 2008, 04:21:08 AM
you do not see why Dublin people want to boycott this game

Just to clarify to all, its a tiny minority of Dubs who are boycotting this game.

Listening to Tankie and co you would be forgiven for thinking all the Dubs are whingeing about this game.
The manager isnt, the players arent, and the majority of the fans arent.

So Tankie and co, dont be pretending, like you did above, to represent the views of Dublin fans on this issue, because you dont.
Ask me holy bollix

INDIANA

stick it where the sun don't shine holiness, we're entitled to our views the same as you. You don't own monopoly of opinion here, even if you think you do.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: INDIANA on January 02, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
stick it where the sun don't shine holiness, we're entitled to our views the same as you. You don't own monopoly of opinion here, even if you think you do.

All his holiness is saying is that you don't own the monopoly of opinion of Dublin supporters, even though you may think you do or would like to.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

his holiness nb

Quote from: INDIANA on January 02, 2009, 01:28:09 PM
stick it up your ass holiness, we're entitled to our views the same as you. You don't own monopoly of opinion here, even if you think you do.

Classy Indiana  ::)

Everybody is entitled to their views, but not to tell people what the views of others are, when they really have no idea.

I replied to Tankies posts which suggested "Dublin people want to boycott this game".
I merely pointed out that this is not strictly true as the majority are happy with the game.

Forgive me for daring to say Tankie doesnt speak for me on this issue.

*also, why did you change from "stick it up your ass" to "stick it where the sun dont shine" ??
The same thing surely??  :-X
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 02, 2009, 01:26:20 PM
Quote from: Tankie on December 31, 2008, 04:21:08 AM
you do not see why Dublin people want to boycott this game

Just to clarify to all, its a tiny minority of Dubs who are boycotting this game.

Listening to Tankie and co you would be forgiven for thinking all the Dubs are whingeing about this game.
The manager isnt, the players arent, and the majority of the fans arent.

So Tankie and co, dont be pretending, like you did above, to represent the views of Dublin fans on this issue, because you dont.

I have the unfortunate situation where I have a girlfriend who is from Dublin,and her Da is also a true blue Dub...All their relations are also true blue gaa loving Dubs(Lord what did I do in a past life to deserve such a fate  :'( )
Anyways I know all of them are going to this game,as am I...As far as I can see its only Tankie and INDIANA who will be boycotting this game
I'm sure you'll be missed  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

I couldn't give a monkeys about anyone's view of me here or my reasons for not going to the game. Really doesn't bother me. I'm quite happy that in this instance the Gaa won't be getting my hard earned cash and can leech off somebody else for a change. Enjoy the game holiness, try and open your mind sometimes to other people's opinions, thats called democracy. But having read you views on politics, I shouldn't have been surprised.

his holiness nb

Quote from: INDIANA on January 02, 2009, 02:07:26 PM
Enjoy the game holiness, try and open your mind sometimes to other people's opinions, thats called democracy

FFS Indiana, of course you are entitled to your opinions. I was just correcting Tankies post which indicated your views were that of most Dubs. He is entitled to his views but NOT to claim them to be the views of Dublin people in general.

But having read you views on politics, I shouldn't have been surprised.

::)

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but if you have any problems with my views on politics, why not address them in the relevant thread rather than vague comments like that.

Ask me holy bollix

Tyrone Dreamer

I couldn't give a monkeys about anyone's view of me here or my reasons for not going to the game. Really doesn't bother me. I'm quite happy that in this instance the Gaa won't be getting my hard earned cash and can leech off somebody else for a change. Enjoy the game holiness, try and open your mind sometimes to other people's opinions, thats called democracy. But having read you views on politics, I shouldn't have been surprised.

You make out your hard done by as a fan because your a Dub. As I keep pointing out you pay no more into matches than any other county supporter. In fact during the year it costs you less to follow Dublin than other county supporters who have to travel outside of their own county for games.