Fringe

Started by The Real Laoislad, September 28, 2008, 09:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

New TV show suppose to be starting here soon,Its Americas #1 rated show at the moment so it sounds promising.Here's the plot

Fringe follows the exploits of FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham, scientist Walter Bishop, and his son Peter as they investigate aspects of fringe science (telepathy, levitation, invisibility, reanimation, etc). All over the world, a series of apparent experiments collectively referred to as "the pattern" are occurring for reasons unknown. Olivia, Peter, and Walter are in charge of investigating these strange events to determine their source. Connected to "the pattern" is a company called Massive Dynamic, which is a leading global research company that holds the patents for a number of new and important technologies.

Has anyone watched any of it yet? Sounds like a new version of x-files to me

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

Maybe they will re-name it 'Ginge' for the Irish market......

muppet

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 28, 2008, 09:36:10 PM

Or 'Binge'.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

dodo

Quote from: muppet on September 28, 2008, 09:55:13 PM

Or 'Binge'.

They're bringing out one for the ladies too called 'Minge'.

Doire abú

I've seen the first three episodes. Its class, well worth a watch!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: dodo on September 28, 2008, 10:58:28 PM

Or 'Binge'.

Geez lads these 'jokes' are making me cringe.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 29, 2008, 11:03:27 AM

Or 'Binge'.

Any excuse for a whinge.  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

I thought it was set in a hairdresser's?

heganboy

Ive been watching this - pretty good so far...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Gabriel_Hurl

haven't been blown away with it to be honest

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on September 29, 2008, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 29, 2008, 11:03:27 AM

Or 'Binge'.

Any excuse for a whinge.  ::)

Ah why don't you go swing out of a hinge
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lar Naparka

To be honest, I haven't heard of Fringe but the word, levitation, caught my eye.
Something happened to me at a party, over 20 ears ago and I've been too rattled to talk about it, except to a few that are interested in levitation. I've been told it wasn't a case of me hallucinating or being stoned and that this sort of thing can be arranged.
To begin with, a young slip of a girl about a third of my size, challenged me to sit in an armchair.
She said that she and three of her friends could lift me straight up with their right forefingers!
I thought this was hilarious so I sat down; no bother, with my knees together and my elbows bent and close to my sides.
A pair of them stood on each side of me then and the front two stuck their fingers under the back of my knees, while the others put their fore fingers under the funny bone of each elbow. Then they joined the other hands together at a point above my head and on a count of one, two, three, they lifted me clean off the chair.
They kept me there too, for a good few seconds before setting me down, nice and easy.
That was bad enough but my buddy, who had been the most scornful bystander in the room before the event, had to sit down in the chair. He was an international prop forward and a Lion to boot and was built, an acted, like a brick crap house.
Anyway, up he went and came down a much quieter sort of individual!
Neither of us mentioned the matter too much afterwards and I didn't know any of the others very well, so I let the matter drift.
Yesterday, by pure chance, I met up with a man who had been there and remembered the event He said he had done some investigating and found it was well-known in levitation circles but couldn't give me any leads.
Anyone here ever hear of the likes of this?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

corn02

The old lifting a car with black magic Lar.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 29, 2008, 06:24:42 PM
To be honest, I haven't heard of Fringe but the word, levitation, caught my eye.
Something happened to me at a party, over 20 ears ago and I've been too rattled to talk about it, except to a few that are interested in levitation. I've been told it wasn't a case of me hallucinating or being stoned and that this sort of thing can be arranged.
To begin with, a young slip of a girl about a third of my size, challenged me to sit in an armchair.
She said that she and three of her friends could lift me straight up with their right forefingers!
I thought this was hilarious so I sat down; no bother, with my knees together and my elbows bent and close to my sides.
A pair of them stood on each side of me then and the front two stuck their fingers under the back of my knees, while the others put their fore fingers under the funny bone of each elbow. Then they joined the other hands together at a point above my head and on a count of one, two, three, they lifted me clean off the chair.
They kept me there too, for a good few seconds before setting me down, nice and easy.
That was bad enough but my buddy, who had been the most scornful bystander in the room before the event, had to sit down in the chair. He was an international prop forward and a Lion to boot and was built, an acted, like a brick crap house.
Anyway, up he went and came down a much quieter sort of individual!
Neither of us mentioned the matter too much afterwards and I didn't know any of the others very well, so I let the matter drift.
Yesterday, by pure chance, I met up with a man who had been there and remembered the event He said he had done some investigating and found it was well-known in levitation circles but couldn't give me any leads.
Anyone here ever hear of the likes of this?

Never seen it done,But I have heard of such things but always dismissed them as old wives tales or Urban Legends
You'll Never Walk Alone.