Cats dominance extends to All Stars list

Started by Ash Smoker, September 26, 2008, 08:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on October 18, 2008, 02:15:14 PM
bullshit " the one great game played in that you lost" - another dig in whenever you can get it. i'm surprised you can get in the front door at home with that chip on your shoulder. you wouldn't be saying it if cork had won the all-ireland this year that i can guarantee.
What is your problem go back a page or two I think he's been so amamzing, I just don't think one game, no matter how spectacular, justifies an All Star and HOTY og, I've said it over and over again for the last few pages that Canning is amazing. This has absolutley nothing to do with Cork, get over yourself will ya ffs. You're trying to make a fight out of everything I've said.

I think Mullane should have got one as well, let me guess, that has something to do with the "chip on my shoulder" again right.  ::) ::)

orangeman

Have to say that there were no real surprises.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Reillers on October 18, 2008, 12:02:25 PM
Can't believe..(well I can, but still) that Canning got an All Star and HOTY Og..ya he had one tremendous game..but it was ONE game. Players are judged on their preformances in the Championship, and he played once..I'd have accepted if he got An All Star but hey Joe well done on that one great game you played that you still lost in, but anyway and here's two fingers to all the other young lads who'd a very good all round season and Sheflin as well, he was awful in Leinster, played one and a half good games and got an All Star. Name above achievements nowadays though.

Joe Canning also got man of the match in the AI club final and wasn't far from man of the match in the national league final. Just in case you forgot about those minor competitions.

Minder

club performances are irrelevant when it comes to the All Stars. Mullane has every right to feel aggrieved,he showed up in every game for Waterford and was probably the only Waterford player that left Croke Park with his reputation intact after the All Ireland. in fairness anyone that pays too much attention to the All Stars need their head looked
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Reillers

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 19, 2008, 03:12:41 AM
Quote from: Reillers on October 18, 2008, 12:02:25 PM
Can't believe..(well I can, but still) that Canning got an All Star and HOTY Og..ya he had one tremendous game..but it was ONE game. Players are judged on their preformances in the Championship, and he played once..I'd have accepted if he got An All Star but hey Joe well done on that one great game you played that you still lost in, but anyway and here's two fingers to all the other young lads who'd a very good all round season and Sheflin as well, he was awful in Leinster, played one and a half good games and got an All Star. Name above achievements nowadays though.

Joe Canning also got man of the match in the AI club final and wasn't far from man of the match in the national league final. Just in case you forgot about those minor competitions.

But the All Stars have nothing to do with AI club final. He's outstanding, he is, but I think that they just went on their way to give him the awards cause it was his "coming." Technically it was only one good game he could have been judged on. And though he was outstanding, there were other players who were very good, in more then good game.

imtommygunn

He played three championship games and two, I think he played the semi, league games.

Are you forgetting those? Or maybe you don't think these count either? He was none too shabby in any of those either. Granted the previous two championship games were against "weaker" teams but you still have to go out and do a job and he did that.

Reillers

Do they count, because in the football they say they don't, so is one rule for football and one for hurling?
I'm not denying how brilliant he is but I'm just saying that maybe players who played really well over a few games might have been a better option.
It's not his fault that they lost to us in the qualifer, he outscored everybody and still was on the loosing side. There was nothing he could do. Thankfully Galway are in the LC now so we'll see more of him hopefully, so maybe he can justify it a little bit more.
He is a fantastic player and can only get better, which is frightening because he's imense. But still, if the League games don't count, which they apparently according to most, they don't. Then he's been awarded HOTY Og and an All Star for playing one (out this world maybe, but still one) game .

Croí na hÉireann

League games are considered for All Stars in both football and hurling...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

imtommygunn

Who says league games don't count?

Apart from Derry supporters saying that must be the case as Fergal Doherty didn't get a nomination...

That is then 5 games he's played to be considered. Club and university don't count and we're all aware of that. A lot more than the 1 you give him credit for...