halloween-derry city??

Started by charlie stubbs, September 22, 2008, 06:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

lads have never went up to derry for halloween though heard its lethal.  its on a friday this year so was thinking of heading up to belfast on the thursday then drive up derry the following ay.  could anyone recommend somewhere to stay any aul place will do just somewhere to lie the head for the night.cheers

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 22, 2008, 06:47:55 PM
lads have never went up to derry for halloween though heard its lethal.  its on a friday this year so was thinking of heading up to belfast on the thursday then drive up derry the following ay.  could anyone recommend somewhere to stay any aul place will do just somewhere to lie the head for the night.cheers

Most of the hotels might be booked up at this stage.

The Everglades
The City Hotel
The Tower Hotel
Da Vincis

These are 4 of them. I am not sure what B+Bs there are.

When I am back at work the moro I'll ask around as I work in the city.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlie stubbs

good man norf tyrone much appreciated!

ExiledGael

I'm not judging Charlie but the TravelLodge could be your best bet!
Not exactly five star but it's cheap and extremely central. Not the one for a weekend break with the woman for sure, but it would be best for a night away on the lash. Within a five minute walk from all the City's main pubs and clubs.

maggie

aye-was thinking of Derry also-heard its deadly.
Maybe dress up as Sam- them derry wans have prob forgot what it looks like now.....

ExiledGael

Quote from: Take Your Points on September 22, 2008, 08:23:11 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 22, 2008, 06:47:55 PM
lads have never went up to derry for halloween though heard its lethal. 

Oh, it's great alright if you enjoy teenagers drinking to excess, teenagers being sick and obnoxious and a bit of street violence, all lit up by a good fireworks display.

Sold

Puckoon

In fairness TYP - that description would be apt for almost any town/city in Ireland these days.

Derry is well known (relatively) for its halloween festivities. It is one of the more popular destinations for that event.

nifan

Derry used to be good craic on haloween, but TYP analysis has become fairly accurate - I dont even go home for it anymore.

They talked about canceling activities a year ago due to the amount of young drunks and antisocial behavior.

Doogie Browser

I have been on record on this site defending Derry's reputation on other issues but my advice would echo TYP's analysis, avoid it like the plague at Halloween.  Last year the Consultant from Altnagelvin A&E was calling for an alcohol ban given the amount of admissions for serious assault.  Nifan is right, it was a good night once but alas a long time ago.

Pangurban

A drink and drunk fuelled  night of excess and mayhem, which would have been banned long ago in any half civilised society with any regard for its youth

Doire abú

Doire abú

Only joking. Some of the goings on with youngsters and drink these days is absolutely ridiculous.

Stalin

If its too loud youre too old  ;D
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Hardy

Are adults celebrating Hallowe'en these days? I thought it was for kids. It must be the latest on the list of newly created festivals elevated from cultural observances or invented in the last generation by the American consumer industry. Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's ... now Hallowe'en. I'd say it's only a matter of a few years until we'll have Irish people asking each other "what are you doing for the Fourth of July?"

Minder

It is merely an excuse to legitimise a piss up by adults,why pretend its anything else?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"