All-Stars 2008

Started by Real1995, September 21, 2008, 07:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

Quote from: AFS on September 25, 2008, 11:34:38 PM
In the first Fermanagh match and the quarter final against Wexford he nullified the threats of Ryan Keenan and PJ Banville completely.

don't get me wrong, McKeever is a great defender but he's capable of far better than he showed consistently this year. Banville ran McKeever ragged and lets be fair, keenan is a poor footballer

J70

How many games did Doyle play? What was his average score?

Maximus Marillius

Lads we all have to acknowledge that the All Star award was once a very proud thing to have, up there beside an All ireland medal. Now it is just another award and is not a bid deal any more.

armaghniac

Cavanagh, Dooher and Gooch nominated for footballer of the year.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Is there any way of getting tickets to the ceremony?  Do companies take tables or is it by invite only? 

Norf Tyrone

Hi Rois

Maybe give Cuthbert Donnelly a holler as he is usually the Tyrone link man.

Hope you enjoyed your BIG night out in the Glen on Saturday!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

I think Cavanagh's inclusion in the half forwards makes that a very interesting line. Himself and Dooher are certainties but I'd thought Colm McCullough might have done enough for an All Star though he'd have to do so at the expense of Declan O'Sullivan now who would also be unfortunate to miss out.

Increases the chances of Clarke getting an All Star though so I'm pleased in that sense. Its a possibility that Tyrone could get a clean sweep of both the half back and half forward lines.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

BallyhaiseMan

Enda McGinley should have been nominated ahead of Gooch,but i suppose they wouldnt nominate 3 players off the one team.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Just looking at Paddy Power's odds there. There are 4 players (Jordan, O Sé, Harte and McMenamin) priced at 8/15 or shorter to get an All Star. Seems very strange. Is it definitely out of the question that any of these could be accommodated in the full back line?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

full back

It was the same last year TAM.
PP give terrible prices on the majority of occasions & if you can get your bet on elsewhere I would advise you to go there.

Real1995

Where is the next all-star to anyway?
Nice guys always finish second!

Our Nail Loney

Yeah its a bit shit isn't it... When is the actual announcement??

ONeill

So, if Paddy Power are correct it's:

Connaughton
McMahon - Gormely - Lynch
Harte - T OSe - Jordan (McMenamin is also odds-on but 4th in the betting)
McGinley - Ryan
Dooher - Cavanagh - OSullivan
Cooper - Donaghy - Forde
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Value for money:

Clarke at 11/8
Lyng 13/8
Mark OSe 11/8
Dara 9/4
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.